Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 05-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #1
alanmorsedavies
Human being with feelings

Default How to export multiple songs on a single track as individual tracks?

Hey,

So I'm now doing a lot of work in very simple mastering for others where the same master FX is required for all tracks of a submitted album. Same problem throughout with the raw recordings (mostly stuff done in FL Studio to be honest).

I haven't been in this space for a while, in Samplitude I could use "set track boundaries as object edges", then export.

In Reaper I find that if I try that in the render window it doesn't go through the master bus.

So, single track, multiple media items, same FX, export as multiple tracks.

Sorry to be a dummy, I never read the manual!
alanmorsedavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:42 AM   #2
karbomusic

Welcome to the forum... Here's one method I use...

Choose to render Master Mix as the source and bounds as regions. That should do it but might want to create the regions and *name them for each song...

CTRL + Double-Click the media item (let's call it song one) to set the selection to it's bounds, then Shift+R to create a region from that, then shift double click the region to name it. Rinse and repeat, should only take a minute or two to do this.

Then choose:

Source: Master Mix
Bounds: Project Regions

*You can then use a wildcard ($region) in the file name and each rendered song will be the name of the region you previously set. Here's a pic. Ignore that I have multiple tracks, it's irrelevant for your needs...

Last edited by karbomusic; 05-10-2017 at 09:49 AM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
alanmorsedavies

Excellent, thank you, I have been using Reaper since v2 and was in these forums before as stuffedspacedog, I have used it for all my own music since 2007ish just have never used it for this type of work before and didn't want to shell out for a Samplitude license again. Many thanks.
alanmorsedavies is offline   Reply With Quote