Old 05-26-2017, 03:11 AM   #1
holm
Human being with feelings

Default Need help with mcp.sendlist

Hi!

First post here. A bit of background info - after 20-ish years of working in Samplitude I finally decided to bite the bullet and try for something new. Namely Reaper. First, I needed a skin, my own skin, that sorta resembled me of the skin I did in Samplitude, only better. I am getting along nicely, it works rather well, I am also shamelessly ripping off components from White Tie's frankly excellent skins, but there are some things that still puzzle me and I can't find them either in the config file or find clues in the myriad of png-s.

Namely, I want to resize the send knob (and a few other related things) in mixer and can't seem to be able to.

'set mcp.sendlist.font' doesn't seem to be doing much besides just resizing the sends vertical overall thickness and 'set mcp.sendlist.margin' seems to only be able to move the text left and right. Maybe I am in the wrong place, maybe I've overridden something somewhere, maybe I am missing some lines of the code? Help, anyone?

Screenshot included
Attached Images
File Type: png Artboard.png (38.3 KB, 319 views)
holm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:52 AM   #2
Vollgerd

Hallo,
you can not resize the Send knob. I have found no way til yet.

you only can resize the hight of the List.

Greetings
Gerd
Vollgerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:35 AM   #3
Pet

Hi holm,
you CAN resize the send knob - but not larger than the sendlist height though. The default one doesn't use the available space completely and you can make a knob stack that uses that space.

It is a rather simple knob stack which can be made with knobman. You can download knobs from the knob gallery and modify it to your needs.
For the Standard track layout make it 12x12px, 14x14 for large and 10x10 for small. The original one has 15 frames, it's enough for that size, it is a little smoother with more frames. I have tried it with "standard" and "large", so "small" should work too.

The color of the bar you show in your screenshot is the "mcp_sendlist_meter.png". The upper part is the resizing "value-part", the lower part is the background. In the default "mcp_sendlist_meter.png" the lower part is empty, but you can add a color there. It's very transparent and therefore almost unvisible, you need to make a dark layer in PS or Gimp behind it to see it.

You sadly CAN NOT change the height of these particular send bars, same with the zeroline.
The "font" and "margin" affect only the text, that's right.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
Luster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet View Post
The original one has 15 frames, it's enough for that size, it is a little smoother with more frames. I have tried it with "standard" and "large", so "small" should work too.
That sentence made me curious. I once started a thread about it:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=189736

Nobody answered so I guessed it's only me with my theme mod (and the original REABORN2) that changing send levels via drag isn't buttersmooth. Could it be that those graphics are "lacking frames"? Because other themes are way better in this regard.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #5
Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster View Post
I once started a thread about it: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=189736
I answered there^^ too, now that I know the thread exists.

I was investigating this, because I've seen some themes with not-so-tiny send knobs, and started tinkering around with knobman, making a stack with only 15 frames to play around with the size. While enlarging the knob, I noticed these steps. Setting it to e.g. 30 frames makes it smoother indeed.

EDIT: @holm: a warm welcome here!

Last edited by Pet; 06-10-2017 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Quote added...
Pet is offline   Reply With Quote