Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-20-2017, 10:00 PM   #41
airon
Human being with feelings

Some of my ADR mixes take up quite a bit of RAM as well.

Some projects take up more RAM when I'm rendering.

On a 3000 file project with 30-50 tracks, it may be 2-3 GB, but sometimes quite a bit more. It varies and I don't yet know why. On rendering the RAM usage might jump to 5 GB. Another project used over 7 GB with about 4500 files and over 5000 items. Items must really matter. Didn't count the fades though.

Item FX don't use much. I clocked a ReaEQ instance (8 bands) at ~142kB per instance, averaged over 2000 items with one ReaEQ each.

The next projects will be interesting, since a lot of routing is going on, and it's a surround project as well.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:14 AM   #42
rdesanti
Human being with feelings

Default Windows XP?

is an antiquated 32 bit OS. Please do yourself a favor and get a new OS! 64 bit OS has no ram limitations. Although Windows XP did have a 64-bit version (Windows XP x64), many people are unaware that it even existed. When upgrading from XP to Windows 7 or 10 not sure if 10 has a 32 bit option, you will have to decide whether you want the 32-bit version (x86) or the 64-bit version (x64). Which you choose largely depends on your computer’s hardware and the availability of drivers and other software to make everything work in your PC. The OS upgrade usually decides that for you and will let you know if it's able to work with your hardware. Just my .02
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote