Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #41
rcl
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
Great to hear you're getting some use out of this RCL. Are you referring to the 'compact vertmix' option in the Default_3.0 theme?
If so, that would be a fairly simple addition to make.

Have you tried the 'narrow' view options I have included already?
Yes.. no meter, mute and solo. Yes I tried those but they didn't reduce quite far enough for this project. For most the narrow that you have is actually prefered

Last edited by rcl; 01-11-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: was incomplete
rcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:07 AM   #42
flipotto

I just downloaded the k system.
I want to try a way down this path.
Wrapping my head around it is challenging.

I hope to have legitimate questions on it at some point.
Thanks for all the work putting this together.
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:31 AM   #43
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

I'm hoping to get some time over the next couple of weeks to add a couple of extra options to the MCP along the lines of rcl's suggestions.

I might try out a few ideas for a minimalist master MCP channel with very minimal metering so other 3rd party meters can be placed in that screen space. That could either be VST metering or something related to the hardware interface being used. The latter idea has come from the very nice metering included in the RME Fireface UFX (and other RME interfaces that have DIGICheck).

Hopefully JCS are inspired at some point to work on including EBU R128 options for the master.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #44
XITE-1/4LIVE

Hey Danni, good to see your still reaping the benefits.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #45
Dannii

Hopefully this theme is also benefiting the REAPs!!
Old 08-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #46
nightscope

This is a right little belter. I lurvs it.

2 vonts, if I may be so bold.

1. I vont them tape reels a spinnin' and a ROLLIN'.

2. I vont a red MCP mute button same colour as the record button. Same colour as me MCU mutes. Also it would make it a little easier to see wots wot at a quick glance. It's a bit difficult to differentiate between the solos and mutes at the moment as they're the same colour.

I have tracked down the .png for the mutes with the theme graphic identifier and examined said pic. Turning it red amd still retaining the present nice shading is beyond my graphic manipulation skills as I have absolutely none.

However, I will survive without these two vonts.

A little belter.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #47
Dannii

Your vish is my command... vell, at least fifty percent!!
Ze mutes colour is actually a really good idea and somezing I can implement qvuite easily.

Give me a few days and I'll have ze update.

As for ze tape reels, vell I vont zem spinning too... and ze record arm lights blinking. Alas, ve need to avait ze JCS team allowing us to use animated PNG's for ze graphics.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #48
nightscope

Great stuff. I figured the tape reels would already be a movin' if it was at all possible.

The only other thing I can think of is a default MCP layout with no meters at all which would free up a little space for whatever. When I have my levels set for a mix I have very little need for them and I personally prefer having as little flashin' und a gnashin' from any on-screen lights as is humanely possible. No biggie as I already have a button assigned to turn off the meter light show on my MCU. So this request is entirely cosmetic.

I do appreciate these sort of theming adjustments do take time which is valuable.

ns
Old 08-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #49
Dannii

Just for you Nightscope (well, me too and everyone else who wants it!!), a new update.
I started off just tweaking the mute buttons to make them red but got a little carried away and added three more MCP layout options. Two of these include the removal of the meters and replacement with a single LED level indicator. These were created with the intention of maximizing available space for mixing (longer throw on faders and more room for inserts and sends).

Downloads and screen shots for this update are in my first post on the first page.

Here's the changelog:

UPDATE - V1.1 - 13th August, 2014.

+ New graphics:
...Red mute buttons.
+ New MCP layouts:
...Wide channels with single LED level indicators.
...Wide channels with horizontal level meters (mini meters).
...Narrow channels with single LED level indicators.
+ Included some custom toolbar icons.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #50
nightscope

Hey up. Thanks for updating this theme. The new indicator LED MCPs layouts are fab. Also the new red mutes.

Extremely cool.

ns
Old 08-13-2014, 11:37 AM   #51
tgraph

a basic question (noobie level) - how do you install from the 2 files?
tgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #52
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Hey up. Thanks for updating this theme. The new indicator LED MCPs layouts are fab. Also the new red mutes.

Extremely cool.

ns
Glad you're diggin' it.
I have a few other ideas I might try in the coming weeks too but I need to get some repair work done to my Hammond organs first. I'm working on a new album and want to use them on it (going to try some experiments mic'ing up stereo Leslies)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraph View Post
a basic question (noobie level) - how do you install from the 2 files?
Once you have the files downloaded from the Stash, grab a copy of 7zip if you haven't already got it. Make sure the two theme files are in the same folder and then open the first one in 7zip and it will extract everything from the two files for you. Once you have the extracted files, you'll see the detailed instructions. Everything you need to know is in there. If you have any further questions, post them here.

If you download the theme from my Copy.com account (link is on the first post in this topic), it is one single 7zip file. The only reason I split it for the Stash was to get around the 2MB file size limits.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #53
tgraph

easy peasy.. it looks great. thanks for the nudge.
tgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #54
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraph View Post
easy peasy.. it looks great. thanks for the nudge.
No probs. Glad you got it sorted.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #55
nightscope

WAIT!! Hold them horses, stop the press!!

Reaper 4.72 =

Video: animated .gif files can now be inserted into projects and played as video

If this means what I think it means then it means that...

If yuh know what I mean.

ns
Old 08-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #56
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
WAIT!! Hold them horses, stop the press!!

Reaper 4.72 =

Video: animated .gif files can now be inserted into projects and played as video

If this means what I think it means then it means that...

If yuh know what I mean.

ns
If you are thinking what I think you are thinking then I think that isn't what that update is all about. What we need for flashing rec arm and solo buttons and spinning tape reels is animated png (or gif) support for themes rather than the ability of REAPER to import animated gif's into projects (which is still a cool addition).
Old 09-10-2014, 05:32 AM   #57
dragon27

Default Question...

Hi ReaDave! Love the theme you built. It's exactly what I need to handle my mixing and recording chores, however; I was wondering two things. Is there a way to change the color of the FX insert window? On my system, the text is black and the background a dark grey. It's a little tough to see what I'm selecting.

*figured it out. Using the Theme Editor under preferences, I Changed "Window List Background" to a different color. Perfecto.

My other inquiry is about recording. Again on my system, when I record, a dark blue bar is displayed instead of the waveform I'm recording. I actually would prefer to see the waveform construct itself. Is there a way to get rid of the bar or change it so the waveform can be visible?

*figured it out part 2. Again, Theme Editor under preferences, "Media Item" color changes became my new best friends.

Again, AWESOME job! I love, love, LOVE what you have made!

*ReaDave, Thanks!

Cheers!

Last edited by dragon27; 09-10-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: figured out problem
dragon27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:41 AM   #58
Dannii

Thanks heaps for the compliments Dragon27.

I saw your reply to this thread in my inbox but wasn't near my recording rig to do the mods and outline the steps to change things and have only just opened REAPER and this forum post at the same time. I see that you've figured everything out though.

The FX list is black text on the grey background here too but my display is calibrated for Photoshop so the grey no doubt shows a little lighter here (due to the gamma correction) than some default settings so it is quite easy to read here.

It is interesting that you pointed out the solid colour background during recording. To be honest, and a little to my embarrassment, I hadn't taken much notice of it until now. But now that it has been brought to my attention, it was a significant oversight and one I will address with a theme update.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:23 AM   #59
Dannii

Theme file updated with improved item colour setting so waveforms are now visible during record. - Thanks again Dragon27.

The links on the Stash are the same. If you have previously downloaded and installed this theme, just re download from either the Stash or my Copy account and overwrite the old versions.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #60
Dannii

UPDATE - V1.3 - 19th November, 2014.

+ New MCP layout option:
...Narrow view with mini VU meters and long throw faders.

See my FIRST POST for downloads and instructions.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:09 PM   #61
mojotele65

so I like the calibrated meters, I have usded the ReaDave them for a while, but I would like to use another theme. will changing themes wipe out my calibration? I would really like to use the imperial theme but using these calibration tools. Any reason why not?

Last edited by mojotele65; 01-11-2015 at 12:27 PM.
mojotele65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:09 AM   #62
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojotele65 View Post
so I like the calibrated meters, I have usded the ReaDave them for a while, but I would like to use another theme. will changing themes wipe out my calibration? I would really like to use the imperial theme but using these calibration tools. Any reason why not?
Imperial is a really good theme. It is my second favourite (OK, so I am slightly biased by what is in first place for me!!)
You should still be able to keep your calibration settings for the K-System with most other themes and it works fine with Imperial but you won't have the meter graphics in the other themes and those graphics contain some of the dB scale numbering.

You should be able to run the calibration project using other themes too. Once again, the only thing you'll miss out on is the meter graphics.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #63
mojotele65

Thanks Dave,I had ReaDave installed and ran thru the Calibration project and updated my meter settings, do I need to do it again after installing the Imperial theme or do all my settings stay?
Old 01-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #64
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojotele65 View Post
Thanks Dave,I had ReaDave installed and ran thru the Calibration project and updated my meter settings, do I need to do it again after installing the Imperial theme or do all my settings stay?
If you have everything all set up, there should be no need to run the calibration again to use Imperial. It is only a change of theme and shouldn't affect any of the calibration settings.
I've done exactly that numerous times here without issue.

In fact, here's a topic I posted a while ago doing exactly that. You'll see here that I run my theme and Imperial without needing to recalibrate anything: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=122360
Old 01-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #65
mojotele65

Awesome Dave, Thanks for your hardwork and giving to the community.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #66
Dannii

No probs, you're welcome.
One thing I really enjoy about REAPER is that not only is it so tweakable and configurable but there are many who put in their time and effort for the benefit of all. This is just my little part in the bigger picture.
This theme was originally created specifically to suit my workflow but shared for the benefit of others who share a similar workflow. One big benefit of sharing this is the feedback and ideas I've received from others. That has helped to make this theme more diverse and better developed than it would have been had I kept it to myself.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #67
Kiwiburger

Thanks for all the hours of toil Dave. I'm not a theme junky and only found this when searching the net for calrec info. (I have a couple of their old mics) My PC looks like it's taken on a couple of hundred pounds of steel plating. This is the only Calrec desk I am likely to use, so thanks.
FYI I noticed that when I changed the "pan" to "dual" I got one slider and one rotary.
Kiwiburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:14 AM   #68
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiburger View Post
Thanks for all the hours of toil Dave. I'm not a theme junky and only found this when searching the net for calrec info. (I have a couple of their old mics) My PC looks like it's taken on a couple of hundred pounds of steel plating. This is the only Calrec desk I am likely to use, so thanks.
FYI I noticed that when I changed the "pan" to "dual" I got one slider and one rotary.
Sorry about the slow response here but I only just discovered your reply which slipped under my radar.
Thanks heaps for showing your appreciation. It is always nice to hear from others who like my work. I originally started all this just doing a few tweaks to themes others created and then I decided to dig right in, learn WALTER and create my own theme from scratch. Then things kinda snowballed!!!

This theme has been primarily designed to match my workflow but when others started showing interest, I added and tweaked things I probably would've overlooked otherwise.
The dual panner thing is something I have to get onto and fix. I actually don't use that option personally so I keep forgetting to fix it!!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #69
sostenuto

Downloaded your (2) files, but how to install? Do Zips/RARs all the time ...

Use Imperial and impressed with your related comments. Hope your latest is still available.

Last edited by sostenuto; 10-12-2015 at 10:17 AM.
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:41 AM   #70
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostenuto View Post
Downloaded your (2) files, but how to install? Do Zips/RARs all the time ...

Use Imperial and impressed with your related comments. Hope your latest is still available.
I used 7zip to create the two part archives but you can grab the whole thing as a single file from here: https://copy.com/fEJTNHwaF492 (copy.com is shutting down mid 2016)
The full download links are in my first post.

Last edited by Dannii; 03-26-2016 at 02:14 AM.
Dannii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #71
sostenuto

Got it and installed. Great work. Will use for a bit now.

Thank-you,
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #72
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostenuto View Post
Got it and installed. Great work. Will use for a bit now.

Thank-you,
Glad you.got it sorted. Hope you enjoy using it.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #73
Dannii

New update with minor graphics fix just uploaded. See my first post for the details and download link.

There is now one download link. The whole theme, complete with the K System calibration project and all instructions has been zipped up and uploaded to my Copy.com account. It was too large for the Stash (total size is around 6MB because the calibration project includes audio) and some people were having issues with the multi-part 7Zip versions I had previously uploaded.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:08 AM   #74
OPI

This all sounds very interesting ReaDave. I'm going give this a shot when I get home
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:09 AM   #75
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPI View Post
This all sounds very interesting ReaDave. I'm going give this a shot when I get home
Let us know what you think afterwards. I always appreciate feedback.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:44 AM   #76
OPI

Thanks for the detailed how to! I was up and running in just a few minutes. Thanks for all the info on calibration aswell. This is something I've never been aware of. The only thing I would change for my taste are the grid lines. Although I'm assuming these are the type of grid lines I'll be using when I start to lose my vision (Already half way there) my eyes are slowly saying goodbye to me. No questions yet, as I'm still reading up on calibration
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:34 AM   #77
Dannii

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed how to! I was up and running in just a few minutes. Thanks for all the info on calibration aswell. This is something I've never been aware of.
You're most welcome.
Quote:
The only thing I would change for my taste are the grid lines. Although I'm assuming these are the type of grid lines I'll be using when I start to lose my vision (Already half way there) my eyes are slowly saying goodbye to me. No questions yet, as I'm still reading up on calibration
I'm actually in agreement with you on this. The bright grid lines are a holdover from early versions of this theme when I was using more of the Calrec Omega colour scheme.
I'll soften them somewhat for the next update.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #78
Dannii

New update uploaded. This one has numerous changes as mentioned in the change log in my first post.

Go to the first post for the new download, new screen shot and full changelog.

Quote:
The only thing I would change for my taste are the grid lines.
Done in this update.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #79
hopi

Thanks for keeping it alive... I've always liked your theme and it was an inspiration to me way back when...
Old 04-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #80
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
Thanks for keeping it alive... I've always liked your theme and it was an inspiration to me way back when...
Thanks heaps for your feedback Hopi. Much appreciated.