Old 03-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
diversgens
Human being with feelings

Default Lemur Osc Layout

Here is a OSC layout for Liine LEMUR.

Copy the Lemur.ReaperOsc file to the Osc folder of your Reaper install folder. Add Ipad as control surface selected. Next select it in 'Preference-Control Surface-Edit'.

The layout has 3 'Interface' in sense of Lemur:
Interface 1: multiple containers with tab to control the mixer (volume, mute, solo, arm, sends ...), a tab with a light strip channel control and a midi tab. Plus a tab with minimal Master control. Additionally there is another 4 tab for FX controls, Actions, Navigation control and general actions, and a tab with the way the device interact with Reaper.

Interface 2: a full track control.

UPDATE 19/03/2012
version 0.8 with correction to work with RC2 and add Midi tab in the first interface. Similar Midi control in the third interface with show/hide container for midi keyboard and fx parameter (only for testing purpose at that time)

UPDATE 29/03/2012
change version number to 0.99, if this version is bug free and satisfying i will upload it to the lemur user library.

- added:
* led for peak indicator in mixer view and extended strip view, reset peak by touching the led (tiny and no feedback on reaper mixer) or use the ResetPeaks button on control tab (feedback on Reaper mixer), changing bank reset also the peaks.
* sel button for multiple selected tracks
* button for select item under cursor (need for proper midi editing) and unselect item
* fx gui button on tabbed "strip", extended strip interface and midi "parameter fx" tab
* action buttons for midi record mode
* strip window on midi interface
* reset to 0.00db for volume by touching the volume value under the volume fader (mixer, master, strip extended)
* reset pan to center by touching pan value (mixer, master, extended strip)
* lots of action button and windows switch under "Actions" tab + grid
* mute button on master
* remote on midi interface

- modify
* action in remote backward (go to 1.1) and forward (goto end of project)
* action on midi filter button (now open the filter window)
* unify midi keyboard on tabbed midi and interface (from Lars Ove Toft in the Lemur User library, thanks ...)
* minor tweak on actions button, more logical position, .....

UPDATE 15/04/2012 - version 1.1

- some cosmetic changes
- command bloc in the same place for the three interfaces
- names for the interfaces (need last Lemur version 3.1)
- change for a three state button for input record monitoring (thanks to Antonio Blanca for the script)
- add automation in the main mixer
- moving fader select track (how did i miss the z command !!!)
- change the endless knob for scrub with a bipolar fader (endless knob doesn't work as expect)
- some minor fixes

UPDATE 16/04/2012 - Version 1.1.2

- add BPM display and controls
- add move cursor grid based
- add 'refresh' button
- cosmetic changes

UPDATE 26/08/2012 - Version 1.2

- add support for ReaEQ (the Reaper osc support for ReaEq is a little bit buggy for now ...)
- add Fx Fun Tab - You can control multiball to control 16 FX parameters with mass-spring support - This feature is mostly inspired by the work of Antonio Blanca in KontrolLab, big respect to him.
- add support for screenset (S1 & S2) in Action Tab
- add name of the edited track in the main page
- fixed some minor bugs (mainly typo)

- required
* Reaper 4.26
* SWS-M&S extensions ver 2.20 download it here

Feel free to try it and modified it as you want.
Comments are welcome too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reaper lemur 1.2.zip (49.8 KB, 1833 views)

Last edited by diversgens; 09-06-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Add screenshots - 29/03 update - 16/04 update - 26/08 update
diversgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
pixeltarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diversgens View Post
Here is a beta OSC layout for Lemur.
At that time this is for testing purpose.

Copy the Lemur.ReaperOsc file to the Osc folder of your Reaper install folder. Add Ipad as control surface selected. Next select it in 'Preference-Control Surface-Edit'.

The layout has 3 'Interface' in sense of Lemur:
Interface 1: multiple containers with tab to control the mixer (volume, mute, solo, arm, sends ...) and a tab with a light strip channel control. A tab with minimal Master control. And 4 tab for FX controls, Actions, Navigation control and general actions, and a tab with the way the device interact with Reaper.
Interface 2: a full track control.
Interface 3: a very preliminary Midi control

Know issue:
The jog wheel doesn't work the way it is supposed to act (waiting for a Lemur update to correct endless knob behavior)
The device tab is incomplete and the Device track follows is acting very strange.

Design and ergonomic:
Let me know if the tabbed design is helpfully or not.
Any advice on color choice is welcome ....

Feel free to try it and modified it as you want.
Comments are welcome too.
I'm not sure how to make it work and interact with reaper, but it looks nice.

*edit*
I got it loaded. the only things that work so far are play/stop/pause/scrub forward/scrub backward and select track

does most of it still need to be mapped?

Last edited by pixeltarian; 03-11-2012 at 04:51 PM.
pixeltarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeltarian View Post
I'm not sure how to make it work and interact with reaper, but it looks nice.

*edit*
I got it loaded. the only things that work so far are play/stop/pause/scrub forward/scrub backward and select track

does most of it still need to be mapped?
No normally nothing need to be mapped, it is already in the two files i provide.
Please verify the value using to communicate between Reaper and Lemur.
I have receive on port 8000 and send on port 9000, you have to verify that Lemur is well configured to receive on this port.
Be sure to select the Lemur file in the pattern config drop down menu.
Let me know if it solve the problem.

Last edited by diversgens; 03-12-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
diversgens

I had some screenshots to the original post.
Does someone test it ? Please let me know.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Splaaat

I just gave this a quick test run.

I couldn't get the 'Mixer' section to run. (Volume faders, Input, Solo, Mute etc)

I got most of the buttons (Mixer View, Insert MIDI etc) working, including transport. Zoom/Scroll etc didn't work.

Ports being used are 8000/9000.

I also tested LogicPad in TouchOSC to test the connection, which worked quite surprisingly well.

Appreciate your work so far.
Splaaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #6
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splaaat View Post
I just gave this a quick test run.

I couldn't get the 'Mixer' section to run. (Volume faders, Input, Solo, Mute etc)

I got most of the buttons (Mixer View, Insert MIDI etc) working, including transport. Zoom/Scroll etc didn't work.

Ports being used are 8000/9000.
What version on Reaper are you using ? There seems to be a problem with the last RC2 release, but i don't know if it related to my ReaperOsc file or to the release.
Some buttons did not work because the action id use in my Reaper theme (Reaborn) probably didn't match your Reaper action id. This is the limitation of the full customisation of Reaper.
I will put in the future a pdf to explain how to modify the action to fit every Reaper mod.

Quote:
I also tested LogicPad in TouchOSC to test the connection, which worked quite surprisingly well.

Appreciate your work so far.
Thanks
Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #7
Splaaat

Yes, using the latest RC2 version.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #8
airon

Impressive. Thank you very much for sharing.

I can only look at this in the editor so far. iPad's in the budget this year though. Hopefully. So this will be a great setup to learn from at the very least.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #9
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splaaat View Post
Yes, using the latest RC2 version.
I'm waiting for an answer, in the r2 thread, for a bug or not. Perhaps can you try it with RC1 (if you have it).
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #10
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Impressive. Thank you very much for sharing.

I can only look at this in the editor so far. iPad's in the budget this year though. Hopefully. So this will be a great setup to learn from at the very least.
Thank you Airon. I have try to put in it all type of control (switch, pad, button) and some little scripts to show how easy is it to build this type of interface. I hope finding some time to create a pdf with explanations.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #11
philait

Quote:
Thank you Airon. I have try to put in it all type of control (switch, pad, button) and some little scripts to show how easy is it to build this type of interface. I hope finding some time to create a pdf with explanations.
I'm no expert but from a quick look you need to change this in your .ReaperOSC as listed in the R2 changelog.

OSC: replaced TRACK_VOLUME_DB with f/track/volume/db

I Don't know if that's the Issue as I don't have lemur (Yet, looking at your template I may invest in the future)
philait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #12
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by philait View Post
I'm no expert but from a quick look you need to change this in your .ReaperOSC as listed in the R2 changelog.

OSC: replaced TRACK_VOLUME_DB with f/track/volume/db

I Don't know if that's the Issue as I don't have lemur (Yet, looking at your template I may invest in the future)
You are right, i was sure to not use TRACK_VOLUME_DB, but it was a mistake.
Correction done with new version upload plus some midi action and control.
Warning: the midiaction will not fit your id depending on theme and action added.
Let me know if it solve the previous problem.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
You are right, i was sure to not use TRACK_VOLUME_DB, but it was a mistake.
Correction done with new version upload plus some midi action and control.
Warning: the midiaction will not fit your id depending on theme and action added.
Let me know if it solve the previous problem.
Wait, what? Are (midi)action numbers not reliable identifiers?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
I really don't know Banned, i hope they are but because i have had some custom midi action i have not compare my id with the default id.
I miss a precision point, in the midi tab the map to channel switches are based on SWS/S&M specific action.
I use them to route the little midi keyboard output (Midi 0 on Lemur, channel 1) or incomming midi to different midi channel, i find it useful with Kontakt for example.
I was expecting more feedback (bugs, comments about ergonomic) but there is probably not many users with the combination Reaper/Lemur.

Last edited by diversgens; 03-19-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: orthographe ? ....sorry, english lessons are so far away from now
Old 03-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #15
Splaaat

So, I just gave the new build another test run on one of the larger sessions I'm working on.

The track faders seem to be working now.

At the bottom of the faders, it doesn't show the track no. or name. Banking or selecting tracks with the arrow keys don't seem to work either. Not sure, which track the channel strip stays selected on, so couldn't try MIDI editor or the VSTi parameters etc.

Scroll, Zoom seems to be working fine. Jog Wheel is a bit wonky. Doesn't quite respond exactly to finger movement.

Is there a way to double tap and bring say faders back to 0 or pan back to the centre?

What are the green double lines next to the faders? Are those meters?

Otherwise, you seem to be on the right path. I'll help and test as much as I can.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #16
diversgens

Thank you Splaat for the test and comments,

it seems you have a one way communication between Reaper and Lemur, Lemur doesn't seem to receive data from Reaper (track name, number, vu meters).

EDIT : i just test it at home and all is working as expect, can you verify the settings in the Lemur editor. In the Lemur tab the Local IP must be the same as Host IP in the Raper settings and Lemur IP must match the Device IP in Reaper. I hope it will solve the problem.

I don't know if it's related to your configuration or the ReaperOsc file, will investigate later today.
You can try to click on the Lemur button next to Reaper track follows in the device tab. I have to work much deeper this specific part of the layout.

In regard of the jog wheel, this is a know bug from Liine and it will be fixed in the next update.

For the return to 0 or center for volume or pan, there is nothing in Lemur by default perhaps can i try a script, i hope to find some time in the next days.

Last edited by diversgens; 03-20-2012 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Precision
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
Banned

Quote:
I miss a precision point, in the midi tab the map to channel switches are based on SWS/S&M specific action.
With "precision point", do you mean the possibility to send a value along with the action, like the MIDI channel number? (I'm mainly asking because there's a double language barrier between the both of us) I was missing that too with the Track FX Parameter actions, where of course one needs to send a value along with the parameter number.
Quote:
I was expecting more feedback (bugs, comments about ergonomic) but there is probably not many users with the combination Reaper/Lemur.
I'll definitely give it a good test at some point, and will probably make a few presets of my own as well, but I didn't even get around to using my iOS devices much at all yet.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
For the return to 0 or center for volume or pan, there is nothing in Lemur by default perhaps can i try a script, i hope to find some time in the next days.
That (and a million other interesting things) is pretty trivial when you route traffic through Pd: REAPER <--> Pd (or similar) <--> Lemur.

Splaaat, thanks for the suggestion on double tap/click to reset, I hadn't thought of that one yet - will probably have it implemented before my coffee is cold.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
diversgens

Quote:
With "precision point", do you mean the possibility to send a value along with the action, like the MIDI channel number? (I'm mainly asking because there's a double language barrier between the both of us) I was missing that too with the Track FX Parameter actions, where of course one needs to send a value along with the parameter number.

I'll definitely give it a good test at some point, and will probably make a few presets of my own as well, but I didn't even get around to using my iOS devices much at all yet.
Sorry Banned, language barrier here, i was only saying "i forget to tell a precise point".
I do not send a value with the action, there is the action "SWS/S&M:Map selected tracks midi input to channel 01" until channel 16 with 16 different id.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
diversgens

Quote:
That (and a million other interesting things) is pretty trivial when you route traffic through Pd: REAPER <--> Pd (or similar) <--> Lemur.

Splaaat, thanks for the suggestion on double tap/click to reset, I hadn't thought of that one yet - will probably have it implemented before my coffee is cold.
My preference go to: all inside the Lemur, it's easiest to setup for users than having an application between the device and Reaper but i understand the use of Pd between Reaper and a midi controller.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #21
Slumber86

I've tried it with 4.20, but track names don't works.. some of the signals (meter) works but is not fully functional. maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Slumber86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #22
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumber86 View Post
I've tried it with 4.20, but track names don't works.. some of the signals (meter) works but is not fully functional. maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Thank you slumber86 to trying it, are the track names the only problem ?
Can you try to switch from one bank to next then back.
I will put an update button on the next release.
I have already implement a script to reset volume and pan to 0.00db and center, a peak led (really tiny and hard to reset ..) and a button to display fx gui (works only on 4.21pre), as soon as the 4.21 is release i will update the file, or if someone want to try it, let me know.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #23
Slumber86

4.21 is out!

Please keep this thing updated. It rocks!!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #24
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumber86 View Post
4.21 is out!

Please keep this thing updated. It rocks!!
It's too fast for me ..., sorry family weekend. I need a little more time to polish the midi interface.
You can expect an update in the next days.
Thanks for your support.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #25
diversgens

Update to new version.
Lots of implements and tweaks.

I hope you like it ...

Last edited by diversgens; 03-29-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #26
Slumber86

Just tried! Good job!! Works flawlessly!

Just one hint: can you add an "interface" with only the mixer view? I think will be handy to have many faders in one screen, mainly for playing with tracks of an unknown mix.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #27
diversgens

Thanks again for comments Slumber,

i was thinking about it, i want to try the multislider with lots of faders both for mixer and fx parameters (much better for multiple fx control than rotary knob).
I have a lot of ideas but i don't know if it will be better to begin a totally new layout with radical changes (design and workflow) or adding new interface. The actual layout is already pretty big ....
And last but not least it is time consuming, and with a day job and a family i do not have all the time i wish (or need) to work on this layouts.

I will do my best .....
Old 04-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #28
muttlee

thanks heaps for sharing this!
muttlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #29
FellowLad

Really want to try this but I can't get reaper to detect my iPad lemur. Is there a step by step tutorial on this, specific to reaper?

I've been successful in using lemur via MIDI:
Lemur --> Ad hoc network --> Lemur Daemon --> LoopBe --> Reaper (manually assign every control to an action)
I switched to OSC because I need feedback to external control surface(move a fader in reaper, fader moves in lemur) which is not supported via MIDI in the current version of reaper. http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...=midi+feedback <<<(vote for feature request here)

EDIT: under preferences> control surfaces> 'my iPad'>control surfaces settings, reaper is not choosing the correct 'host IP'. The field is grayed out and uneditable. Sometimes it displays 0.0.0.0, and sometimes it selects the IP of my network adapter used for connecting to the internet instead of the IP of my wireless network adapter used for ad hoc wifi. Now I also need help for modifying this uneditable field!

Last edited by FellowLad; 04-11-2012 at 06:29 AM.
FellowLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 AM   #30
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowLad View Post
EDIT: under preferences> control surfaces> 'my iPad'>control surfaces settings, reaper is not choosing the correct 'host IP'. The field is grayed out and uneditable. Sometimes it displays 0.0.0.0, and sometimes it selects the IP of my network adapter used for connecting to the internet instead of the IP of my wireless network adapter used for ad hoc wifi. Now I also need help for modifying this uneditable field!
On Lemur Editor -> Settings (top right) -> Lemur note the local IP and Lemur IP.

On Ipad Lemur -> Settings (top right) -> On OSC Target, set on OSC 0 - host your Local IP - Port 9000 -> Done

On Reaper -> Preferences -> Control surfaces -> Add your Ipad in Control surface mode: OSC -> Edit -> Receive on port: 9000 Host Ip: Your local IP
Send to port : MUST BE 8000 Device IP: your Lemur IP

Hope it help ... let us know
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #31
FellowLad

Thanks it totally connected! It turns out that reaper doesn't need to know its own host IP to connect properly.

Will report more after i test every control.
FellowLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #32
diversgens

Good news ...

I'm working on the layout since the new Lemur update, i have make some changes mainly in the workflow and layout design. I will try to make a wider mixer but since now i don't find a way to use the multislider. I will also try the new (4.23pre1) eq control in the next days.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #33
diversgens

Default Version 1.1

here is the new lemur osc layout.
What's new:
- some cosmetic changes
- command bloc in the same place for the three interfaces
- names for the interfaces (need last Lemur version 3.1)
- change for a three state button for input record monitoring (thanks to Antonio Blanca for the script)
- add automation in the main mixer
- moving fader select track (how did i miss the z command !!!)
- change the endless knob for scrub with a bipolar fader (endless knob doesn't work as expect)
- some minor fixes

I let the initial version in the first post, you can try both and choose the one you prefer.

I hope you enjoy it....

Here is a screen capture

Last edited by diversgens; 08-23-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Remove file
Old 04-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #34
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Just caught this by coincidence and am not sure whether it's resolved in this thread.

Action numbers (in any action list context) are only reliable identifiers across different installs for inbuilt stock Reaper actions. For both, custom actions and extension actions, you need to use the Custom Id string instead of the Cmd Id number, as the Cmd Id's are dynamically applied to them at Reaper startup.

Use the function NamedCommandLookup to translate Custom Id to the current Cmd Id.
In Reascript it would look like

Code:
Create_CClane =  RPR_NamedCommandLookup('_S&M_MECREATECCLANE')
RPR_Main_OnCommand(Create_CClane, 0)

BTW, that ^^ looks real cool
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #35
muttlee

Thanks man, its looking really good i'm mighty impressed!!! but my BCF and BCR are very jealous of your awesome bidiectional controls of VSTs...

it seems that the template you uploaded is different from the screenshot...i dont seem to have the T/R, R, T, L & W buttons on all the tracks.

Last edited by muttlee; 04-15-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #36
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttlee View Post
Thanks man, its looking really good i'm mighty impressed!!! but my BCF and BCR are very jealous of your awesome bidiectional controls of VSTs...

it seems that the template you uploaded is different from the screenshot...i dont seem to have the T/R, R, T, L & W buttons on all the tracks.
Sorry ... it was the bad file, must be resolve now. Please download again and let me know if it's ok.
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #37
muttlee

Quote:
Sorry ... it was the bad file, must be resolve now. Please download again and let me know if it's ok.
Thanks for the kind words.
No need to thank me man, your the one that's done all the hard work
New template matches your pic...sorry for my stupidity, but what do the T/R, R, T, L & W buttons do?

Say, what are you thoughts on adding tempo viewer/adjuster to the lemur teplate?

Cheers,
mike

Last edited by muttlee; 04-15-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #38
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Just caught this by coincidence and am not sure whether it's resolved in this thread.

Action numbers (in any action list context) are only reliable identifiers across different installs for inbuilt stock Reaper actions. For both, custom actions and extension actions, you need to use the Custom Id string instead of the Cmd Id number, as the Cmd Id's are dynamically applied to them at Reaper startup.

Use the function NamedCommandLookup to translate Custom Id to the current Cmd Id.
In Reascript it would look like

Code:
Create_CClane =  RPR_NamedCommandLookup('_S&M_MECREATECCLANE')
RPR_Main_OnCommand(Create_CClane, 0)

BTW, that ^^ looks real cool
I'm not sure i understand the point here ... anyway you can change every action (and had yours), locate the switchs, pads or whatever look in the project window:

- if it's a single button the action id is in the 'act()' script, in the reaper action list search for the same action and change the number in the script.
- if it's a multiple actions switch or pad, locate the arr={id,id,...} and change the ids to feet your need.

In the 'Mixer' interface under the 'Actions' tab the is a set of red pads with two empty pads, if you select the pads in the Lemur Editor project window 'actions1' is select, click on the grey little arrow, click on the arr={id,id,....} and add one or two actions id you want to insert, add a text field under the pad. Next time you touch the pad it launch the action you insert.

Much easier to do than to write ...
Old 04-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #39
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttlee View Post
No need to thank me man, your the one that's done all the hard work
New template matches your pic...Say, what are you thoughts on adding tempo viewer/adjuster to the lemur teplate?

Cheers,
mike
It was there in the very first template, but not working as expect, will try it later again. I plan to insert the eq control in the future (Reaper 4.23).
And one or two little enhancements more quickly .....
Old 04-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Just caught this by coincidence and am not sure whether it's resolved in this thread.[...]
Thanks gofer! It may be a bit OT here, but this is useful information for OSC support in general and deserves more discussion. I'm reposting/moving this to a dedicated new thread.