Old 02-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
sullysnet
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and Waves VST Plugins

Hi, I know there are many threads about this and I do apologize. I have tried many of them without successful results. It is the only plugin I have that doesn't work. I've tried installing it to a directory that I wanted and putting the vst plugins 32/64 in the standard location and non standard location. I have tried pointing it at the Waves folder, the plugin folder, the Waveshell folder. Nothing seems to work. I'm not sure why it isn't loading them. It seems once it scans it, it never scans for it again. Almost like it loaded it fine but again not showing up in the list. I'd really love to get this plugin to work. I've stuck with Reaper and plan to purchase it but I'm not 100% sure now not being able to get this plugin to work.

I'm on Win7 x64. Reaper is not installed it's setup portable setup on the D drive of my laptop. Laptop is a Thinkpad i5 with 8G. At some point I need to move my vst folder that is on the D drive because I do not like it's location. For now I am keeping it in my Line6 vst folder. I've also tried to copy the plugins to both locations, standard and my setup.

Any help would be appreciated. If you need more information please let me know. I think my piece are SSL4000, a few Abby Road and Mercury. Version 9 of waves.

thanks
sullysnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #2
Barksy

I have an annoying issue where if i was not connected to the internet, it 'forgets' my license and i would be prompted to register (rescan) my license again. So, if i am connected to the internet when i call up the plugin, it works fine. I only use the CLA Signature series, which is damn good, but not sure why i need to be connected the internet to use it...

Not sure if this somewhat resembles the issue you are having.
Barksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
sullysnet

thanks, that isn't my issue because I'm always connected.
Really odd. I had an old version that constantly crashed.
I figured with the new one it should work better, but not
even showing in the list. It's like Reaper scans it, then ignores
it.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
sullysnet

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=43067

all set now :-) fuseburn had the fix in rhis thread
thanks Mr Fuseburn.....