Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Kenten
Human being with feelings

Default Problems with Lexicon Alpha

Hello all, this is my first post on these forums.

I am running REAPER on an Acer laptop, 2.3 Ghz processor, 4 Gb ram, Windows 7. My Lexicon Alpha interface does not want to work with REAPER. I stopped using the native ASIO driver that came with the alpha a while ago, as it caused error messages and crashes in REAPER. Instead I have been using ASIO4ALL for about two months now, and at first everything worked perfectly, a huge improvement over the native driver.

But a few weeks ago I started getting problems during playback. There are pops and stutters in the sound, and sometimes there are bursts of loud static. These are frequent enough to make mixing impossible.

If I have the Alpha connected but set the audio device outputs in REAPER to the laptop's built-in speakers, the number of audio glitches is greatly reduced. If the Alpha is not plugged in at all and I use the laptop speakers, there are no glitches at all. However, other programs (itunes, windows media player, firefox) playback through the Alpha with no problems.

Both REAPER's performance meter and Windows' desktop gadget performance meter indicate that my CPU and ram are not stressed during playback.

The first attachment is a screenshot that shows both performance meters during playback. The second attachment shows my audio device settings and ASIO4ALL control panel.

In the buffering submenu, I have thread priority set to time critical, and behavior set to 15 - very aggressive. I don't really understand what these things do, so I don't know if that is relevant.

Does anyone know how I can make this interface work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Playback.jpg (50.0 KB, 631 views)
File Type: jpg Settings.jpg (62.2 KB, 922 views)
Kenten is offline   Reply With Quote