Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
neastguy
Human being with feelings

Default imported wav files from old digital recorder?

once they import into their individual tracks.. how do I name them to what they are? ect. drums, guitar.. can't seem to find how to do this...
neastguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
DarkStar

Hello neastguy and welcome to these forums. You'll find many helpful people here and a lot of useful information.

Select each imported clip, then press F2, or right-click >> Item properties. "Take name" is the thing to change.

Or you could rename them on disk in Explorer / Finder before you import them into Reaper. That might be better.

Make sure you download the User Guide too. Excellent for reference or for understanding specific activities.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
neastguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Hello neastguy and welcome to these forums. You'll find many helpful people here and a lot of useful information.

Select each imported clip, then press F2, or right-click >> Item properties. "Take name" is the thing to change.

Or you could rename them on disk in Explorer / Finder before you import them into Reaper. That might be better.

Make sure you download the User Guide too. Excellent for reference or for understanding specific activities.
thanks.. its a bit overwhelming to say the least .. looking at the manual now.. oh my.. I'm coming from a Korg d1600 all in one unit that is so easy to use..

I tried renaming and it just seemed to rename it on the time line and not on the actual track.. and below on the mixer.. kinda hard to explain.. having a hard time just deleting sections.. lol.. guess I better get to reading.. will be using a zoom r16 w/ it.. mainly recored w/ the r16 and then dump the files into reaper.. at least thats my plan if I can figure it out w/o pulling my hair out..
Old 04-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
DarkStar

I would not try to read it all the way through - just look up topics when you need too.

When a media item is imported onto an empty track, the track name is derived form the item name.

To rename the track (and in the Mixer):
-- double-click the track name.

What do you want to delete when you say "section"? Part of an loaded media item? There are several ways - I would probably split it twice:
-- position the edit cursor by clicking in the timeline above the tracks, then press S.
-- repeat as needed.
-- select the part you don't want and press Delete.

You can turn off Snap for precise position of the edit cursor and zoom in to make sure you position at a zero-crossing.

Last edited by DarkStar; 04-16-2012 at 06:31 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
neastguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
I would not try to read it all the way through - just look up topics when you need too.

When a media item is imported onto an empty track, the track name is derived form the item name.

To rename the track (and in the Mixer):
-- double-click the track name.

What do you want to delete when you say "section"? Part of an loaded media item? There are several ways - I would probably split it twice:
-- position the edit cursor by clicking in the timeline above the tracks, then press S.
-- repeat as needed.
-- select the part you don't want and press Delete.

You can turn off Snap for precise position of the edit cursor and zoom in to make sure you position at a zero-crossing.

thanks I was able to delete a section after I grouped all the tracks.. it was a silent section at the beginning.. but even though I deleted the section.. I cant slide all the tracks to the beginning 0.00 .. its acts as there is data/music still there.. not sure if that makes sense.. still digging via manual and looking for free vids... I hope there is a way to set up scenes w/ each song.. sorry just trying to wrap my head around so much info ..