Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-18-2015, 03:51 AM   #1
Mudchild
Human being with feelings

Default MASCHINE scene-triggering in Reaper - SOMETIMES the scenes are slightly out of sync??

Hmm, I succesfully trigger different scenes from reaper using the midi note method. I have midi clips containing the changes positioned in the different parts of the song in reaper.

It generally works ok, but sometimes I hit play with the cursor positioned at the start of a song section (snapped to grid), and the scene plays along a little bit late, unrhythmically out of time with the song.

Strangely it only happens at certain song sections, and I can see no reason why. Other sections are fine.

Furthermore, if I rewind the cursor even fractionally before the start of the problem sections, then press play, it's fine and in sync. But if the problem section is set to loop (snapped), the problem returns as soon as the play cursor returns to the beginning of the loop .

Any clues on this, folks?
Mudchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #2
Mudchild

Anyone got anything on this? It's a real bummer...
Mudchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
EpicSounds

Could be a delay compensation thing since it's going to external hardware maybe the delay isn't compensated for
Old 07-27-2015, 05:42 AM   #4
SmajjL

If Reaper and it's user-settings is the problem then try on a fresh portable with default settings, can't hurt to try and sometimes that is just easyer than trying to spend time finding a needle in a, when one has customized alot, tweaked.
And you can save\load your Reaper settings when ever.
Ps, I need to do that one myself.. schhh
The short version, try default'ness and as new fresh you can incl new project so it's not about routing plugs or what ever, new, simple as possible.

Last edited by SmajjL; 07-27-2015 at 05:48 AM.
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #5
foxAsteria

not sure what you mean by "midi note method," but in one of the newer versions a feature was added to record scene changes into a daw via program change messages. so maybe that method works better. you will find the feature under the little gear icon at the top of the maschine ui.