Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #281
kaaijmusic
Human being with feelings

I also tried your DDPtools yesterday! Nice piece of work!! i'll also download the new version, then I can make checksums for my Reaper DDPS! It only seemed to me, that the cuesheets look a bit different from what I'm used to, when I open them in notepad. That probably has to do with the cdrwin format?
Great tool anyway!!
Rene
kaaijmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #282
anrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaaijmusic View Post
It only seemed to me, that the cuesheets look a bit different from what I'm used to, when I open them in notepad. That probably has to do with the cdrwin format?
Can you be a bit more specific? Don't they look like the ones output from Reaper, or EAC, or ImgBurn, or xyz?? CDRwin is simply the software which "invented" the cue file syntax, which is published in the appendix of it's user manual. Each cue file is based on that description, so it's not like other software uses a different idea of what a cue file is.

Quote:
Great tool anyway!!
Rene
Thank you.
anrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #283
kaaijmusic

I have been testing your ddptools a little bit more this week, also created a ddp from a cuesheet and everything seems to work fine!! Thanks for this! I can use my ddp's created with Reaper and add a checksum from your DDPTools! Great!! Just one question: why is the file "pqdescr" called "sd"in your ddp fileset? Just curious...
Maybe a great idea to add an option to print a pqsheet.pdf with Pdfcreator, or another tool which accepts command line options? Don't have any idea, is this would be possible, just a simple thougt.
Many thanks again!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #284
anrug

Quote:
I have been testing your ddptools a little bit more this week, also created a ddp from a cuesheet and everything seems to work fine!! Thanks for this! I can use my ddp's created with Reaper and add a checksum from your DDPTools! Great!!
Thanks! I'm glad to hear that.

Quote:
Just one question: why is the file "pqdescr" called "sd"in your ddp fileset? Just curious...
It stands for "subcode descriptor", it's how the mother of all DAWs, "Sonic Solution", named that file, I think. But really, it can be any name (and I've seen half a dozen different ones), as long as it's not more than 17 characters, same for the actual data file which is often called "IMAGE.DAT" (Reaper will truncate silently to 17 characters if you choose a name longer than that). The CD Text file is often called CDTEXT.BIN, but again, can be a different name.

Quote:
Maybe a great idea to add an option to print a pqsheet.pdf with Pdfcreator, or another tool which accepts command line options? Don't have any idea, if this would be possible, just a simple thougt.
I've thought about that as well, starting with plain text and simple HTML would be reasonably easy to do. PDF is tricky to do directly, as it would mean bringing in code for a layout engine. I think this has been discussed for Reaper as well, which IMHO should have a "print PQ listings" feature. BTW Reaper would be the proper place to do the PQ listing, because you want track title on those listing and the DDP will only have those if you include CD Text. Anyway, I'll see when I find time to include that in ddpinfo (and cue2ddp, so you can also create a PQ listing from a cue sheet).
Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #285
kaaijmusic

Thanks! That's the way I do it right now. Create a cuesheet and convert it with Pdfcreator. Or otherwise I could do this with the DDPcreator of course.
Reaper and the Sonoris DdPcreator both use "pqdescr"as a filename, so that's why I was wondering actually, but indeed you're right, the name doesn't really matter...
By the way, there's no difference between your cuesheet and sheets from other software, but my screenreader treats it differently. Don't know why and it's not important... The program doesn't want me to scroll through the cuesheet with my arrow keys.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #286
WyattRice

I have no ideal why This DDP thread was moved to a section that relates to Midi, osc, etc.. DDP has nothing to do with midi.
I mean the sticky reads
MIDI and other music/audio protocols

The first word Midi makes users think that DDP is somehow related to Midi. WTF?

How about a new sticky that relates to Mastering, CD Burning, DDP, etc?

Last edited by WyattRice; 05-03-2012 at 12:35 AM.
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #287
Kawabatnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
I have no ideal why This DDP thread was moved to a section that relates to Midi, osc, etc.. DDP has nothing to do with midi.
I mean the sticky reads
MIDI and other music/audio protocols

The first word Midi makes users think that DDP is somehow related to Midi. WTF?

How about a new sticky that relates to Mastering, CD Burning, DDP, etc?
...... + 1
Kawabatnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #288
miche

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrug View Post
And stay away from any non-English Characters in CD text fields, Reaper does not handle them correctly (yet).
Unfortunately, it is still the case, and it is very sad
miche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #289
earlabs

AS always very late to the party, but nonetheless....
Is there any documentation on how to exactly use the DDP feature (including text information and all that?) It's not in the latest user guide (March 2012). Or is it better to stick to different software?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #290
WyattRice

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlabs View Post
AS always very late to the party, but nonetheless....
Is there any documentation on how to exactly use the DDP feature (including text information and all that?) It's not in the latest user guide (March 2012). Or is it better to stick to different software?
Right now, the DDP help info is in Reaper. It can be accessed by going to: File > Render > DDP, and clicking on the ?

DDP in Reaper is a plugin created by another user (Sergej)

He has finished another version of DDP that has a marker list editor, and frame correction, but Cockos has not implemented it yet. I'll try and put something together as soon as I get some time.
Hope this helps for now.
Regards, Wyatt
Old 06-01-2012, 05:55 AM   #291
earlabs

I don't get it AT ALL.... Does this mean that in every region or marker I must write this code? And that I need to insert 2 seconds of silence before the first track or as a start of the first track?
Hmm, reading anrug's list of do's and don't's this feels like a minefield. I'll stay away for now. At least in Reaper....
Old 07-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #292
kaaijmusic

Did anyone install the latest Reaper version and notice that the DDP Export now also has an md5 checksum added to it?
That's some pretty good news!!! Just a PQsheet print option and it will be perfect!!
It's good to have something to wish for anyway...
Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #293
AudioGuy720

Quote:
Did anyone install the latest Reaper version and notice that the DDP Export now also has an md5 checksum added to it?
That's some pretty good news!!! Just a PQsheet print option and it will be perfect!!
It's good to have something to wish for anyway...
Yep! Plus CD-text is available as well. +2 to Cockos!

I'm using REAPER in conjunction with DDPtools. They have a nifty little output broadcast wave files from ddp function.
AudioGuy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #294
WyattRice

Hello fellow DDP'ers.
Here's a new version of DDP To Cue Writer.

It's basically a GUI for some great command line utilities that includes ddpinfo written by Andreas Ruge, and cdrecord which is part of cdrtools written by Jörg Schilling.

I really wanted to directly write a DDP image to CD. With ddpinfo, it was possible. This is just a test version (any critique is welcome)

DDP To Cue Writer

Directions:

1. Select your CD Writer you'll be using to write the CD
I've added that command to burn cds in raw96r mode in this version.
Just make sure that there is a checkmark "Write CD in raw mode" (recommended)

2. Verify DDP MD5 checksums. Search for MD5 and CRC32 checksum files in the DDP directory and
use the checksums found to verify the integrity of the DDP file-set

3. Make sure you have inserted blank CD for the selected writer

4. Write the DDP or cue image To CD

Other Stuff:

You can also convert the DDP file-set to a cue/wav format
open the cue, and write from that, or you can also write
previous cue/wav, or cue/bins rendered from Reaper.

Print PQ Sheet (Writes, and saves a pq sheet from the ddp directory in html format)
Options include opening in your default web browser if checked.

Convert to separate tracks with or without pause.

Download Here (portable versions) No installer at the moment.

DDP To Cue Writer (Windows Vista and above)

DDP To Cue Writer (Windows XP)

DDP To Cue Writer (Mac Intel)

DDP To Cue Writer Mac 64

Note: The difference in the Windows versions is that Vista and above, uses new explorer style file and folder dialogs.

Special thanks to Andreas Ruge, and all the testers
Wyatt

Last edited by WyattRice; 01-24-2022 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #295
mplay

Thank you Wyatt, Ill give it a try
mplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #296
Kawabatnam

Wyatt, thanks so much! Will try the portable version asap.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #297
Kawabatnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawabatnam View Post
Wyatt, thanks so much! Will try the portable version asap.
Well, not fully tested yet, just one preliminary thing I noticed: Is it possible to have the "Verify", "Write" and "Convert" dialogs behave like the "Open" one? I mean this latter one is so much more convenient to navigate into your hard drive, and more it allows to directly paste/write to an address to locate files and folders -a real time saver.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #298
WyattRice

Quote:
Well, not fully tested yet, just one preliminary thing I noticed: Is it possible to have the "Verify", "Write" and "Convert" dialogs behave like the "Open" one? I mean this latter one is so much more convenient to navigate into your hard drive, and more it allows to directly paste/write to an address to locate files and folders -a real time saver.
Thanks for testing Kawabatnam.

I will look into this, but it's really not practical because ddpinfo is looking for a directory, and not a file.

e.g. when you have a look at some of Reaper's dialogs for instance goto Reaper preferences >General >Paths, and notice what happens when you click one of the browse buttons. It's wanting you to select a directory.
This is how ddpinfo works.
Hope this make sense.
Thanks, Wyatt
Old 09-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #299
Kawabatnam

Quote:
Thanks for testing Kawabatnam.

I will look into this, but it's really not practical because ddpinfo is looking for a directory, and not a file.

e.g. when you have a look at some of Reaper's dialogs for instance goto Reaper preferences >General >Paths, and notice what happens when you click one of the browse buttons. It's wanting you to select a directory.
This is how ddpinfo works.
Hope this make sense.
Thanks, Wyatt
Thanks for your answer and again for your hard work, you're right indeed, these are different dialogues windows -I should have known...
I have 2 XP systems, one SP2 the other SP3: On both, DDP verify and write are ok (a very simple test ddp generated with Reaper, with only title info, no isrc codes, etc.), however it seems impossible to convert to cue; this is the message I get: "Two many arguments. Try "ddpinfo --help" for more information."
I'll try on a third XP flavor next week probably with a ddp master generated with sadie.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #300
WyattRice

Quote:
Thanks for your answer and again for your hard work, you're right indeed, these are different dialogues windows -I should have known...
I have 2 XP systems, one SP2 the other SP3: On both, DDP verify and write are ok (a very simple test ddp generated with Reaper, with only title info, no isrc codes, etc.), however it seems impossible to convert to cue; this is the message I get: "Two many arguments. Try "ddpinfo --help" for more information."
I'll try on a third XP flavor next week probably with a ddp master generated with sadie.
Thanks again for testing this. Could you send me your ddp file set that your using for your test, or a PM with a link that I could download?

Edit: Here's another portable version for you to try. I took out a command argument "-f " (That fixes a flaw found in some DDP masters, where the UPC/EAN code is only written into the DDPID file, but not into the subcode descriptor, and which may lead to a pressed CD without the EAN/UPC embedded in it's subcode stream).
See if this works.
Edit: New version is out. See this post

If this fixes it, I may have to add another button or something to check for it.
Let me know

Note: DDP To Cue Writer also contains a special version of ddpinfo from Andreas that he compiled for me, and the latest one on his website would not be compatible with DDP To Cue Writer. In other words, if you downloaded the latest ddpinfo from his website, and replaced it with the one I have in the tools folder, it wouldn't work.

Again, thanks for testing this Kawabatnam.
Wyatt

Last edited by WyattRice; 10-30-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #301
Kawabatnam

Quote:
Thanks again for testing this. Could you send me your ddp file set that your using for your test, or a PM with a link that I could download?

Edit: Here's another portable version for you to try. I took out a command argument "-f " (That fixes a flaw found in some DDP masters, where the UPC/EAN code is only written into the DDPID file, but not into the subcode descriptor, and which may lead to a pressed CD without the EAN/UPC embedded in it's subcode stream).
See if this works.
Download

If this fixes it, I may have to add another button or something to check for it.
Let me know

Note: DDP To Cue Writer also contains a special version of ddpinfo from Andreas that he compiled for me, and the latest one on his website would not be compatible with DDP To Cue Writer. In other words, if you downloaded the latest ddpinfo from his website, and replaced it with the one I have in the tools folder, it wouldn't work.

Again, thanks for testing this Kawabatnam.
Wyatt
Well, it fails again to convert to cue with the new portable version you provided, with the same message error. (By the way I haven't downloaded any version of ddpinfo...); And something else: At times the program would not recognise the CD writer at first launch, leaving an uneditable blank space in the CD writer zone. Closing and relaunching the program would usually solve the problem. Will try soon on another win XP configuration and report back.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #302
WyattRice

Quote:
Well, it fails again to convert to cue with the new portable version you provided, with the same message error. (By the way I haven't downloaded any version of ddpinfo...); And something else: At times the program would not recognise the CD writer at first launch, leaving an uneditable blank space in the CD writer zone. Closing and relaunching the program would usually solve the problem. Will try soon on another win XP configuration and report back.
Kawabatnam, I sent you a PM. Let me know what you find out.
Thanks, Wyatt
Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #303
Kawabatnam

Quote:
Kawabatnam, I sent you a PM. Let me know what you find out.
Thanks, Wyatt
OK, I have tried your new version and there's some modest improvement, the output message when trying to convert to a cue file being now different: "Converting DDP image to cue/wav image. Time elapsed: 0.000000" is what I get, but no cue file.

Trying to list what could be wrong, I tinkered directly with ddpinfo.exe using the command line (I usually hate that), using both the version included in your Tools directory and the version from Andreas Ruge website: I now believe your GUI is probably just fine since even in command(o) line mode I can only get the "-y" parameter to work, the other parameters having zero effect (not even a DOS window) -and this is with XP2, XP3 and XP Pro. Just to be sure: You wrote that XP users needed "dot net 2.0" -is that the same as "microsoft .Net Framework 2.0"? (all 3 XP configuration have this installed, up to .Net Framework 3.5).

By the way, this is with a DDP set from Reaper; with a DDP from a Sadie 5 from a friend's studio there's no result at all: It can't even pass the verifying step... even in command line (that's a bit surprising since this DDP went in production without any problem and the released CDs were ok).

If possible, next tests would be on Vista and 7, with DDPs from Wavelab (nice program btw) and Sequoia, if I can get some friends to spare me some time...
I guess everything is working fine on your PC, so there's hope!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #304
WyattRice

Quote:
OK, I have tried your new version and there's some modest improvement, the output message when trying to convert to a cue file being now different: "Converting DDP image to cue/wav image. Time elapsed: 0.000000" is what I get, but no cue file.

Trying to list what could be wrong, I tinkered directly with ddpinfo.exe using the command line (I usually hate that), using both the version included in your Tools directory and the version from Andreas Ruge website: I now believe your GUI is probably just fine since even in command(o) line mode I can only get the "-y" parameter to work, the other parameters having zero effect (not even a DOS window) -and this is with XP2, XP3 and XP Pro. Just to be sure: You wrote that XP users needed "dot net 2.0" -is that the same as "microsoft .Net Framework 2.0"? (all 3 XP configuration have this installed, up to .Net Framework 3.5).

By the way, this is with a DDP set from Reaper; with a DDP from a Sadie 5 from a friend's studio there's no result at all: It can't even pass the verifying step... even in command line (that's a bit surprising since this DDP went in production without any problem and the released CDs were ok).

If possible, next tests would be on Vista and 7, with DDPs from Wavelab (nice program btw) and Sequoia, if I can get some friends to spare me some time...
I guess everything is working fine on your PC, so there's hope!
Here's What you should be seeing:

PHP Code:
ddpinfo version 0.8.7a  ***  Copyright (c2008-2012 Andreas Ruge    *
Please report bugs to <ddp@andreasruge.de>.                          *
DDP(Ris a trademark of DCAInc. - Licensed from DCAInc.         *
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR         *
IMPLIED WARRANTIESINCLUDINGWITHOUT LIMITATIONTHE IMPLIED       *
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  *
Converting DDP image to cue/wav image.
Start reading audio from DDP at 00:02:00 (150).
Start writing 149981 sectors to Wave file "IMAGE.wav".
Time stamp is00:00:02.000 (88200 samples)
Wave file written successfully (3 seconds).
Start writing CD text information to file "IMAGE.cdt".

CD text file written succesfully (288 Bytes).
Start writing cue sheet to file "IMAGE.cue".
Cue sheet written successfully (979 Bytes).
Time elapsed:  0.000000 
The test I've done so far include DDP file-sets from Reaper, Sequoia, and WaveLab. I've haven't had any errors using ddpinfo on Win 7 32, 64bit or Windows XP sp3.

I know Andreas is busy right now, but maybe he'll chime in when he see's this. I'd be curious to see one of your Reaper DDP file-sets. Do you have any test ones you could send me?

Edit: Yes, for XP, .Net Framework 2.0 will work.

Also fixed a problem when selecting a CD device displayed a blank space in the combo box.
Updated the download links in this post.

Thanks, Wyatt

Last edited by WyattRice; 09-26-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #305
AudioGuy720

This video really helped me out with exporting a DDP. It clarified/confirmed a few things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNtnl09y5bY
AudioGuy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #306
Kawabatnam

Wyatt, thanks for the last version (pre8 test). I believe it's now 99% OK. Verifying always works, and converting to cue/wav works most of the time: I guess there is some sensitivity to how far from the end of the audio the @ marker is placed. For instance, if I position it right at the end of the audio, or about 30" after I get this kind of error message when trying to convert to cue/wav: "Error: data strem length (2009119079 sectors) does not match subcode (19 sectors)". From my trials and errors I eventually found that it's fine between 2 frames and and 2" (anyway all this is most probably not related to your gui, rather to ddptools itself).
Your gui is truly a step in the right direction because frankly, though the ddp format is now supported in Reaper (and it's a real bonus), it's just that, "supported", and certainly not refined (yet). Say we have 45 tracks on a CD, I find it daunting to go through all the error prone typing and text editing required (at least we could have CD markers without having to add some odd # mark etc.; a lot more could and should be automated).
Anyway I'm not using Reaper for actual production (yet), but have you done so? Have you already sent a Reaper's ddp for replication?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #307
anrug

Hello everybody, as Wyatt has mentioned I'm unfortunately very busy at the moment. But nevertheless really want "ddpinfo" to work with as many flavors of DDP as possible. So, whenever you get an error or no output, please send me a note to ddp@andreasruge.de, I will look into it and fix it, if it's a bug in my code. Please also either include the DDP files (just exclude the big audio file) or send the output of "ddpinfo" without any options along.

Quote:
Trying to list what could be wrong, I tinkered directly with ddpinfo.exe using the command line (I usually hate that),
Sorry, about that. Maintaining a cross-platform GUI is a lot of work, while my main priority was to be able to quickly and safely create a DDP master and inspect a given DDP master. But you still may be able to convince me to write a GUI, we'll see.

Quote:
That is strange indeed, there should be some output at least, as I'm not aware of SADiE doing anything non-standard with their DDPs. The verification is another story, that - strictly speaking - has nothing to do with the DDP standard. The wording is not perfect I'd say, because it verifies checksums found in the same folder as the DDP files, which some mastering software puts in there (everyone in it's own format basically). So checks the integrity of the DDP files, but it does not check the DDP content for plausibility or being up to the spec etc.

@Wyatt:
I think using "ddpinfo -f" is not a good idea here. "ddpinfo" generally does not modify the DDP master, except if you use this option. So it should only be used if you are really sure, you want it. I personally would even hate to have even different timestamps on my DDP master files.

One more comment if I may: it would be great to see the output of "ddpinfo" and "cdrecord" in real time.

Also I certainly agree that Window's "Choose directory..." dialog never felt very natural to work with. I can look into changing ddpinfo to also accept the DDPID file within the directory as argument. Then Wyatt can use the "Open File..." dialog, with a filter set to only accept files named "DDPID".
Old 10-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #308
WyattRice

Quote:

@Wyatt:
I think using "ddpinfo -f" is not a good idea here. "ddpinfo" generally does not modify the DDP master, except if you use this option. So it should only be used if you are really sure, you want it. I personally would even hate to have even different timestamps on my DDP master files.
Thanks Andreas, I removed the -f option
Updated the links in this post.
Quote:
One more comment if I may: it would be great to see the output of "ddpinfo" and "cdrecord" in real time.
Is this part not working?
I'm redirecting the standard output from ddpinfo, and cdrecord and it is being displayed in my gui's text box in real time.

Thanks, Wyatt

Last edited by WyattRice; 10-19-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #309
WyattRice

Quote:
Also I certainly agree that Window's "Choose directory..." dialog never felt very natural to work with. I can look into changing ddpinfo to also accept the DDPID file within the directory as argument. Then Wyatt can use the "Open File..." dialog, with a filter set to only accept files named "DDPID".
This would be great!

Andreas,
would it also be possible for you to add a way to print out a pq sheet from ddpinfo?

Thanks, Wyatt
Old 10-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #310
anrug

Quote:
Is this part not working?
I'm redirecting the standard output from ddpinfo, and cdrecord and it is being displayed in my gui's text box in real time.
Sorry, my fault. I checked again and it does show the output correctly. Only when writing cue/wav images, there should be a kind of textual progress bar with dots. No idea, why that does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice
Andreas,
would it also be possible for you to add a way to print out a pq sheet from ddpinfo?
Certainly, in fact the whole purpose of ddpinfo is to show the content of DDP masters, part of which is the PQ listing.

Now to the details. Do you really mean printing directly from ddpinfo? Or wouldn't it be much more flexible to create the PQ listing as a file, which can be printed? ddpinfo outputs to screen by default, but you can always redirect the output to a file (like "ddpinfo MyDDP > MyReport.txt"). So the next question is, what format would you like.?I'd think that HTML is a good candicate, because it's easier to create than e.g PDF, and can be made to look quite appealing with CSS.

Second question: what exactly do you mean by PQ listing. Traditionally, a PQ listing has the timings, flags, and some sort of text label for each track. Because this text label was not written to CD, it is not included in some CD image formats, e.g. DDP.

Technically this has changed, when CD Text was introduced by Sony as an optinal extension to the Red Book standard. Now a DDP can include CD text titles for each track. But CD text is mainly for car stereo with a limited display. So CD text titles are usually hand crafted for a poor display situation. It might not be what you want to send as PQ listing to the plant or a customer (label or musician).

However: if your DDP has CD text and if you are happy with those titles being used in a PQ listing, then ddpinfo can of course do the job. I've often sent the printout of ddpinfo's output to the plant, it's very precise.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #311
WyattRice

Quote:
Only when writing cue/wav images, there should be a kind of textual progress bar with dots. No idea, why that does not work.
I noticed this too, because I see the dots there when I use ddpinfo in cmd mode. I'm not taking anything out of the output being received. I will study on this.
Quote:
Now to the details. Do you really mean printing directly from ddpinfo? Or wouldn't it be much more flexible to create the PQ listing as a file, which can be printed? ddpinfo outputs to screen by default, but you can always redirect the output to a file (like "ddpinfo MyDDP > MyReport.txt"). So the next question is, what format would you like.?I'd think that HTML is a good candicate, because it's easier to create than e.g PDF, and can be made to look quite appealing with CSS.
Yeah, creating a file would be the best choice I think, and HTML would be a good choice, or rich text format?
Quote:
Second question: what exactly do you mean by PQ listing. Traditionally, a PQ listing has the timings, flags, and some sort of text label for each track. Because this text label was not written to CD, it is not included in some CD image formats, e.g. DDP.

Technically this has changed, when CD Text was introduced by Sony as an optinal extension to the Red Book standard. Now a DDP can include CD text titles for each track. But CD text is mainly for car stereo with a limited display. So CD text titles are usually hand crafted for a poor display situation. It might not be what you want to send as PQ listing to the plant or a customer (label or musician).

However: if your DDP has CD text and if you are happy with those titles being used in a PQ listing, then ddpinfo can of course do the job. I've often sent the printout of ddpinfo's output to the plant, it's very precise.
Maybe just something basic that included track titles, times, etc. Or would something like the pdf that Sonoris DDP Player prints out be possible, but instead, HTML format? or Rich Text Format?

Thanks,
Wyatt
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #312
WyattRice

Hi All,
Andreas recently added support for writing out a PQ Sheet in HTML format from the ddpinfo tool.
I've updated this In DDP To Cue Writer, and updated the new links in this post.

Thank You Andreas!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #313
Kawabatnam

Quote:
Hi All,
Andreas recently added support for writing out a PQ Sheet in HTML format from the ddpinfo tool.
I've updated this In DDP To Cue Writer, and updated the new links in this post.

Thank You Andreas!
Wyatt, I've just tested the new version, this time everything is fine! At least with a DDP set of files generated by Reaper. I have yet to get my hands on some new DDP files from Sadie and Sequoia for further checking. When possible I'll let you know, as well as Andreas.
Many thanks again.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #314
WyattRice

Quote:
Wyatt, I've just tested the new version, this time everything is fine! At least with a DDP set of files generated by Reaper. I have yet to get my hands on some new DDP files from Sadie and Sequoia for further checking. When possible I'll let you know, as well as Andreas.
Many thanks again.
Thanks for checking this kawabatnam. I also fixed an exception error if the user clicks cancel when creating a PQ Sheet.
New version updated in the links here.
Thanks, Wyatt
Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #315
lipa

Hi everyone! First, thanks for making these tools and guis.. Really appreciate that!

Now, anyone still having this: Error: data stream length (223581 sectors) does not match subcode (223582 sectors) issue?? I'm desperate here.. have to send material to plant today and this error still pops out whenever I try to convert to cue/wav... broadcast wave.. Thanks.

EDIT: OK NEVERMIND... I followed the rule to have the last album marker further away from audio and it worked ok!

Last edited by lipa; 11-13-2012 at 04:54 AM.
lipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #316
WyattRice

The error that's been mentioned a few times, IMHO is some how a Reaper rounding error, I think..?
The error that ddpinfo is giving, doesn't happen prior to Reaper 4.25

Maybe Andreas will know how to relate this to the devs.

Anyway, glad you got it going.
Thanks, Wyatt

Last edited by WyattRice; 11-13-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 AM   #317
lipa

I received fast reply from mr Ruge:

"The error you have simply means, that
reaper created a DDP which has 1/75th of a second to little audio in
it. If I'm understanding the Cockos Forum entries corretly, this
error will go away, when you make sure, the end of the audio (end
marker?) is exctly located at a CD sectore boundary. A CD sector is
1/75th of a second."

So..it makes sense.. when snapping that album marker and time selection You have always watch if it's on 1/75 of a second.. can be tricky, but maybe it's best to snap those on whole seconds as a general rule... ?
lipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #318
WyattRice

The Cockos team should really consider rounding markers to frames in the ddp export.
The original ddp export plugin that Sergej created prior to Reaper version 4.25 did this correctly as in all the test I did, there were no errors. The only thing is, that prior to Reaper version 4.25 (4.22), we had no cdtext support or md5 checksum.
Here's the changlog from 4.25
+ DDP support: improvements (MD5, CD-TEXT support, UTF-8/ascii conversion)

My question would be, what else changed?

If I open up one of my ddp test projects with Reaper 4.30
Render to ddp, use ddpinfo to covert, I get the error.

If I replace the reaper_ddp.dll with the one that was in Reaper 4.22, everything is fine.

Anyway, I've updated DDP To Cue Writer again to fix some errors if the user selected the wrong folder on verify, and PQ Sheet.
Links updated here.

Last edited by WyattRice; 11-15-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #319
Bigopigo

Default Please help.

I keep getting this error:

" Error: data stream length (124864 sectors) does not match subcode (124865 sectors)
***"

I just did another cd 2 weeks ago and no error. Need it urgent in cd plant an already tryed to send it even with the error and they say ints not ok.

Please help me.

I just tryed on the other ddp image and it goes ok! What is wrong?

Last edited by Bigopigo; 11-28-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Complete info
Bigopigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #320
WyattRice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigopigo View Post
I keep getting this error:

" Error: data stream length (124864 sectors) does not match subcode (124865 sectors)
***"

I just did another cd 2 weeks ago and no error. Need it urgent in cd plant an already tryed to send it even with the error and they say ints not ok.

Please help me.

I just tryed on the other ddp image and it goes ok! What is wrong?
Can you send me your reaper project file? (Just the .RPP file)
Sounds like a marker is off by one frame or something.