Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
candyconsole
Human being with feelings

Default files missing after reaper newinstallation....HELP!

hi there
Somewhat strange is going on: it started when work on normal Projekt (Bandrecording, Mixing). When i began in the morning everything works great, and as longer as i worked, Reaper began to Hang up. At this moment i work on drums to quantize and fill gaps..... Some other infos: i work also with maschine in midi mode, with the api analog theme, and 4x motu 1224 + motu midiexpress 8

-The mouse doesnt work anymore

-some tasks need several minutes to perform and other tasks dont work anyway,

-the complete theme (in the moment anlog api theme) is unable to change: all the other themes dont work, also the default theme.

-track templates are gone

-trackicons change to old ones, all the new set is away (i work with ni icons and some other glossy ones)

-channelmapping is gone

-some actions in the actionlist are not available

So then, i save all and exported the settings and de-install reaper with the total uninstaller program to avoid a bad uninstalling. After installing reaper new, much files are not there: only the classic theme (the oldold one), most of the files in the app/roaming/reaper directory are not there: no keymap, templates, channelmaps and much other files are not there. there are only 3 Folders!!!!!

But also in the install directory programs/Reaper files be missing.

I notice when Reaper start that some settings are still there: rea-menus, sws, lame-enc, the reaper license.......

How can be that? Crashed the the api analog the entire reaper installation? and why i cannot make a complete new installation?

i wait of your help smile

Last edited by candyconsole; 12-15-2013 at 11:18 AM.
candyconsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
Sasje

Sounds like a hdd/ssd failure, or a hdd/ssd that is about to go bad... could be that some files were corrupted due to this. Have you checked your hdd/ssd for failures?
Sasje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
candyconsole

Default hmmm

there are completely new samsung 840pro series ssd's..... sure, it can be this! but other applications like cubase work nice. but that doesnt make sense, then on the new installation there is a activated license installed even though i dont license the new installation.... however, i check it, do you have a tool who can i check my ssd's? thank you much!
Old 12-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
candyconsole

everything is fine with the ssd's... when i switch from api to default theme, only the arranger window change........$

and when i delete the api theme, the old reaper 3 theme appear!

Last edited by candyconsole; 12-15-2013 at 02:03 PM.
candyconsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
candyconsole

Default update infos

it seems all the settings are shot out uuugh.....but why? in Prefrences/theme editor the default image resources was empty, all is dissemble!!!!!!! oh god ....

in the routing matrix all the soundcard inputs and outputs arent visible, and when i make some adjustments in preferences/audio/rename-alis names they for 2 seconds up in the routing matrix, and then away again....