Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 04-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #1
Ice
Human being with feelings

Default Reasamplomatic5000 - making selections in the sample

2 requests for select ranges within a sample. I'm doing sound design and am constantly switching around what portion is selected. Dragging the in and out times around has gotten pretty tedious.

1) Allow dragging a selection range. (Currently have to select and drag the in & out points separately)

2) Allow repositioning the existing selection to another location (click and drag in the selection to move the in and out times with the same length to another position).

Thanks for considering!
Ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:59 AM   #2
Ice
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
2 requests for select ranges within a sample. I'm doing sound design and am constantly switching around what portion is selected. Dragging the in and out times around has gotten pretty tedious.

1) Allow dragging a selection range. (Currently have to select and drag the in & out points separately)

2) Allow repositioning the existing selection to another location (click and drag in the selection to move the in and out times with the same length to another position).

Thanks for considering!
I should at least offer a suggestion, though other ideas may certainly be better.

First, currently functionality should remain, like ability to click and drag any of the existing points and envelope controls.

But these might work and not require any mouse modifiers:

- Click and drag in the top 3rd (or even smaller area) of the waveform, to make an actual selection. Making the "draggable selection" area smaller might help prevent accidental selection changes, for which I don't think there is an undo for.

- Click inside the current selection, but not on any envelope or start/end points, to drag and move selection to another location on the sample.

- click outside the current selection to drag and move everything like we currently can.
Ice is online now   Reply With Quote