Old 04-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #201
Travesty
Human being with feelings

I'd use this. But I wouldn't say it should be default.
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #202
Dehenry

I just saw this video about Reaper 5.1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43_JHOCJvsA

At 8:22 it shows a function called "Reaper Media Item Take Envelope" which seems to be item-based automation. This function does not seem to exist anymore. Unless I am mistaken, that function was already pretty close to what Automation Items do. And it was different from today's Take Envelopes because it was not limited to Volume, Pan, Pitch and Mute. Does anyone know how that function compared to Automation Items and why it was removed?
Dehenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:49 PM   #203
jrengmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehenry View Post
I just saw this video about Reaper 5.1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43_JHOCJvsA

At 8:22 it shows a function called "Reaper Media Item Take Envelope" which seems to be item-based automation. This function does not seem to exist anymore. Unless I am mistaken, that function was already pretty close to what Automation Items do. And it was different from today's Take Envelopes because it was not limited to Volume, Pan, Pitch and Mute. Does anyone know how that function compared to Automation Items and why it was removed?
The function shown in the video still exist, and it's different from this whole thread is all about.

Take envelope is NOT limited to Volume, Pan, Pitch and Mute, you can also automate FX parameter if there was an FX on its correspond ITEM as shown as video above.

OTOH Automation Item is an item in the envelope lane contains automation envelope to control track or FX parameter on its correspond TRACK.
jrengmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:07 PM   #204
Dehenry

Ok, got it, thanks!
Dehenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #205
musicbynumbers

Help!

Where's the ability on normal audio item envelopes to use a time selection to create 4 points at either end of the time selection when dragging within it via a mouse modifier?

This was super useful for fast editing and it seems to have broken unless I've just missed it in mouse modifiers?

Help!

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 04-22-2017 at 01:52 AM.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #206
run_esc

Are you referring to "move item", which splits the item at time selection boundaries when you drag, as opposed to "move item ignoring time selection", which just moves the item, no splitting? (these are mouse modifier options in the media item context).
run_esc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:55 AM   #207
musicbynumbers

Whoops! sorry, the word "envelope" went missing! I meant to say envelopes on audio items.

You use to be able to use the time selection and a mouse modifier to adjust the envelope line inside of the time selection and reaper would automatically create envelope points at the start and the end of the time selection. This made it super fast to turn down a selection of audio for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by run_esc View Post
Are you referring to "move item", which splits the item at time selection boundaries when you drag, as opposed to "move item ignoring time selection", which just moves the item, no splitting? (these are mouse modifier options in the media item context).