Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 01-17-2015, 01:37 PM   #81
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Think I mentioned this before but after trying out the latest 6b I love the TCP panel name switching to vertical when you have a very small horizontal width. It would be super useful to have a vertical fader alongside the vertical name as well as a mute and solo (at some point that is)
Old 01-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #82
bogo

Default Metering

I do all my work with the TCP. I edit and mix in the same time and never feel I need the MCP. Doodahs is very smooth on the eyes but it lacks good metering for me. V4 for was already hard to see the numbers on the meters (perhaps I work too far from my monitor) but with this experimental theme the meter is a signal presence indicator only.

If someone knows a V4 theme where the TCP meters digit (using horizontal shy meter) are easier to read please let me know. Thanks

Last edited by bogo; 01-17-2015 at 05:31 PM.
bogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:40 PM   #83
ted

Default ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
I'm glad reaper allows other themes as I can't be any clearer how bad and unprofessional this theme looks to me. Many themes look semi pro or pro but this isn't even close IMO.
ditto,
TED
Old 01-19-2015, 04:27 PM   #84
typewriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
I'm glad reaper allows other themes as I can't be any clearer how bad and unprofessional this theme looks to me. Many themes look semi pro or pro but this isn't even close IMO.
Design is always a question of personal taste.
typewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:52 PM   #85
WyattRice

Off Topic for just a sec. I know this thread is about the mcp and tcp only.
Will there be a thread about other stuff particularly the transport?
Old 01-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #86
Otto Tune

The "flow test" TCP layout is interesting when the panels are tall but extremely narrow:

etc.

The record button + track name doesn't currently turn sideways like the track name alone does, but if the record button stayed in place, and if the rest of the buttons were available as this layout shows (stacked pairs of buttons), that would be amazing.

Last edited by Otto Tune; 01-19-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Otto Tune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:55 PM   #87
Fergler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Tune View Post
The record button and input selection don't currently turn sideways like the track name does, but if they could, and if the rest of the buttons were available as this layout shows (stacked pairs of buttons), that would be amazing.
Visualizing it that seems nice. I'm sure it would surprise a lot of users to see that such an edge-case scaling of the track panels so well accounted for.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #88
Otto Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
it would surprise a lot of users to see that such an edge-case scaling of the track panels so well accounted for.
You posted that while I was correcting my account of what was attached to what , but yeah, that would be incredibly cool. No idea what's possible of course, but that "test flow" layout is suggestive..
Otto Tune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:09 PM   #89
Mercado_Negro

Sorry for posting this here but I tried to PM a few "usual suspects" when it comes to theming skills and private messages were disabled for them.

Can someone please help me (via PMs, of course) to create a sidebar layout for mixer tracks so I can start doing some "real" work on REAPER 5?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:51 PM   #90
Fergler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Sorry for posting this here but I tried to PM a few "usual suspects" when it comes to theming skills and private messages were disabled for them.

Can someone please help me (via PMs, of course) to create a sidebar layout for mixer tracks so I can start doing some "real" work on REAPER 5?
Have a look at Default Analog 1.8 and 2.0 sidebar mixer tracks. Has a big long fader, and fx and sends list as long as the window its in.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:56 PM   #91
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
Have a look at Default Analog 1.8 and 2.0 sidebar mixer tracks. Has a big long fader, and fx and sends list as long as the window its in.
Thanks for the tip. I tried it by looking at the sidebar panel layout on v4 default theme and man, WALTER is so frustrating! I give up. I've wasted 3 hours of my life trying to make it work (though I could make one for the master mixer panel).

Sorry for the off-topic, WT. I just gave up... Carry on.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:40 AM   #92
timothys_monster

Using pre7 with "Eric Praline" TCP Layout.

I have issues with low track height and FX parameters:

timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:46 AM   #93
Janne83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Thanks for the tip. I tried it by looking at the sidebar panel layout on v4 default theme and man, WALTER is so frustrating! I give up. I've wasted 3 hours of my life trying to make it work (though I could make one for the master mixer panel).

Sorry for the off-topic, WT. I just gave up... Carry on.
Hopefully you got my PM Mercado. If not please let me know.

J
Old 01-20-2015, 07:09 AM   #94
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
Using pre7 with "Eric Praline" TCP Layout.
I have issues with low track height and FX parameters:
Yep, seems like the FX parameters shown on TCP will jump under the 2nd row elements at certain heights/widths.

The Eric Praline TCP layout switching rows 2 & 3 when rec armed seems fine to me. Usual suspects in the 2nd row but then rec related elements there when needed. However, I think the input/fx/monitoring elements get shifted a bit too low on the panel when record engaged and they are the only elements on 2nd row < tcp stretched wide enough. Keeping the TCP height constant since it's three rows at smaller widths? I never stretch my TCP that wide anyway, just wondering.

Last edited by xpander; 01-20-2015 at 07:46 AM.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:05 AM   #95
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
Hopefully you got my PM Mercado. If not please let me know.

J
Yes, thanks!

And replied... Let's go to PMs, if possible.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:43 PM   #96
BennyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
The Eric Praline TCP layout switching rows 2 & 3 when rec armed seems fine to me. Usual suspects in the 2nd row but then rec related elements there when needed. However, I think the input/fx/monitoring elements get shifted a bit too low on the panel when record engaged and they are the only elements on 2nd row < tcp stretched wide enough. Keeping the TCP height constant since it's three rows at smaller widths? I never stretch my TCP that wide anyway, just wondering.
I concur - it's quite nice to have the rec related elements there when needed, as you say. I also spotted the oddness when the TCP is wide. Probably making the same point here, but I find this example a bit weird:

The second row shouldn't be moving at all upon arming here.

Also, I was wondering if any further cleverness was planned for when tracks are quite tall, but the TCP is narrow. In the example below, it seems like there's a point at which the controls could disappear a few at a time, rather than all at once:

BennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #97
FarBeyondMetal

Absolutely no gripes. Not only do I like this better than v3 and v4 default, I like it better than all the user made themes I've gone through, and I've gone through a lot. Kudos to White Tie, amazing job.
FarBeyondMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #98
albertxxxx

It is impossible that appeals to everyone, the perfect universal theme does not exist, I would not see me in your situation ...
Old 02-18-2015, 05:31 AM   #99
mehmethan

Hi White Tie, Thanks for this beautiful V5 default theme, it is very good as usual.

I'm working with this theme for 10 days and I found myself doing the same mistake several times. Volume fader on TCP changes to a knob when TCP gets smaller. So I see 3 knobs for Volume,pan and width.

I want to adjust a track's volume while mixing but I found myself tweeking the Pan knob.
I want to adjust a track's pan while mixing but I found myself tweeking the Width knob.

-I wonder if it is possible to make these knobs with different sizes for better recognition. Volume knob:Biggest --Pan knob:Normal --Width knob:Smallest

-If it is not possible, can you add TCP layout without Width knob please ?
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote