Old 02-14-2016, 06:07 PM   #681
Klinke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad0 View Post
I got into bitbucket and created a pull request. This does compile with JUCE 1.52. I will publish the modified JUCE 1.52 that works with VS 2015.

PR: https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...-juce-152/diff

Here's the JUCE 1.52 https://bitbucket.org/emilmelar/juce-1.52-vs2015

I retested cloning it from bitbucket and did a compile in release/x64.
I have now tested your changes and merged it into my master branch. Thanks alot again.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:08 PM   #682
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd256 View Post
Trying out 0.6.4, because I'm interested in using X-Touch Mini alongside Touchdaw.

Works well, with bank selects reflected on both devices, and all controls working on device acting as extender.

Sadly the REAPER csurf actions don't seem to be part of 0.6.4.

The only other feature I might also miss would be folder mode.

Are there any plans for adding support back for multiple/extender mode to 0.8.x?
No, but you can already use the 0.8 version two times, using the hack as described in the manual as new feature for the 0.8.3 release.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:11 PM   #683
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Hi klinke,

In the latest reaper version, the below feature was added for HUI devices..

+ Control surfaces: use a global bank offset for all HUI interfaces

I wonder if the devs would be able to also make that global offset work for a 2nd device for any controller?

So that we can have multiple 0.8 devices.

If you think that it could work, I'll go beg Justin for it. lol
No, this doesn't work. In the stock MCU support there exist already this global offset parameter, but I removed the support (and therefore the option from the Control Surface dialog) when I worked on 0.8.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #684
Ad0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I have now tested your changes and merged it into my master branch. Thanks alot again.
No problem
Ad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #685
patriciocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciocs View Post
HEllo,
I am using the last version of klinke MCU with my ProjectmMix I/O. Something that is not working is the saving of the changes I do to the Track Setting Editor.

I do some changes in the track names and visibility for my surface controler and those changes are correctly applied to my Projectmix, however those are lost when I save the project and close it. I supposed that the changes to the Track Settings Editor were saved with the project, but it looks like that is not working now.

I am using Reaper 5.15, but I had this issue since at least three versions.
Sorry to insist. Or should I post this on another thread/forum?
Old 02-15-2016, 06:42 PM   #686
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciocs View Post
Sorry to insist. Or should I post this on another thread/forum?
Sorry, I thought that I have wrote already yesterday an answer, but maybe I forgot to press the Submit button.

I think I can reproduce the problem. The Anchor and Jump Slot settings are ignored when a project is loaded while another project is already active. So a current workaround is to close always Reaper and open it again (without autoloading the last project).

I have tracked down that this bug was introduced somewhen between version 0.8.2.1 and 0.8.2.4, but I need some more time to investigate the details. Unfortunatly I have a busy week, but hopefully I will find some time this weekend.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:40 PM   #687
patriciocs

Quote:
Sorry, I thought that I have wrote already yesterday an answer, but maybe I forgot to press the Submit button.

I think I can reproduce the problem. The Anchor and Jump Slot settings are ignored when a project is loaded while another project is already active. So a current workaround is to close always Reaper and open it again (without autoloading the last project).

I have tracked down that this bug was introduced somewhen between version 0.8.2.1 and 0.8.2.4, but I need some more time to investigate the details. Unfortunatly I have a busy week, but hopefully I will find some time this weekend.
Thank you very much Klinke! I was thinking that I was doing something wrong...

I will try your workaround, perhaps I had set the Track Settngs Editor on projects that Imhad autoloaded.

Btw, it is possible to download an older than 0.8.2.1 version of your driver? I checked at your site but there are only the last and the 0.6 version
Old 02-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #688
Klinke

The 32bit version of v0.8.2.1 can be downloaded from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mcu_klinke.dll

For the 64bit version I currently have only v0.8.0.5 online: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e_v0_8_0_5.zip

But I really hope that I will find some time this weekend or on Monday to fix this bug and release an update.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:14 AM   #689
patriciocs

Quote:
The 32bit version of v0.8.2.1 can be downloaded from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mcu_klinke.dll

For the 64bit version I currently have only v0.8.0.5 online: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e_v0_8_0_5.zip

But I really hope that I will find some time this weekend or on Monday to fix this bug and release an update.
Thank you very much Klinke. I really appreciate your uninterested help.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:38 PM   #690
Klinke

Quote:

Unfortunately it takes longer to fix this as I expected. I narrowed down the problem in the meantime, and found a solution that fixes the problem, but it also breaks the support of multiple open projects :-( And currently I can not invest more then two/three hours per week for this extension. But I will keep working on it.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:54 AM   #691
patriciocs

Thanks Kinkle for the update.

By the way, your workaround for the issue of Track Settings Editor not saving changes didn't worked for me.

I tried loading the project as you instructed and also with the older v.0.8.0.5 but the issue persists.

Regards,
Old 03-05-2016, 02:41 AM   #692
Simonblarkin

I am finally making the move to 64 bit but windows 10 is not making life easy. I have installed Klinke's plugin and all basically works fine, my problem is that I cannot get reaper to import the DefaultActions.ReaperKeyMap into the actions menu.

I am sure this is not the fault of Klinke's work but is in fact a windows problem. I have tried taking ownership of the program files folder and giving myself full control etc etc also running reaper as admin doesn't work either.

I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem and managed to find a solution as this is stopping me from using my bcf as I would like.

Thanks
Simonblarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:08 AM   #693
airon

You could place the files in your documents folder of your account. You just need easy access from a file request window.

I like keeping a shortcut to my Reaper resource folder handy for this.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:56 AM   #694
Simonblarkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
You could place the files in your documents folder of your account. You just need easy access from a file request window.

I like keeping a shortcut to my Reaper resource folder handy for this.
Thanks Airon, yeh I always do the old trick of a portable install first then a full install, that way all the Reaper files stay in one folder. I have tried moving it into the documents and even my D: drive with no luck. The keymap just doesn't seem to get imported as I cannot find any of the KLinke actions anywhere!!

Thanks for your reply
Old 03-05-2016, 05:43 AM   #695
Simonblarkin

Problem solved, I was using the wrong plugin. I downloaded a different version and hey presto my move to 64 bit is complete.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #696
Klinke

I uploaded a new version (0.8.3.1). This contains two fixes:
- The dB values shown when the faders are touched conflicted with the display level meters
- The 2nd controller support did not work for the 64bit version

Also the display level meter does now show a peak value.

There are still open issues, most important that the settings are not always restored. But I will be out of town for the next two weeks.

I setup a mailing list where I will post notifications about updates in the future. If you want, you can subscribe to the list here:
https://www.freelists.org/list/mackie_csurf_klinke
Old 03-29-2016, 11:58 AM   #697
Pinecone

0.8.3.1 issue posted on another thread, but i thought i'd put it here too..when launching Reaper WITHOUT having turned my x-touch controller on, it says reaper has stopped working. it does this without fail. its okay if x-touch has been turned on prior to launching Reaper. i'm running windows 8.1 64-bit.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:11 PM   #698
laser558

Default Mackie Control Universal Pro, Unity Level and Reaper

Hello all. I do know there is an answer to this but for the life of me I can't find it. When I fire up the MCU the faders don't read zero or unity but about 4db lower. I know there was an adjustment that could be made with either Reaper or the MCU to bring both in line but I can't remember it or find it. Please help and show me the light. Pulling my hair out. Thanks to all.
laser558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:12 PM   #699
nightscope

Preferences>Appearance>Track Control Panels

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #700
laser558

Nightscope, thank you. That did it. My brain is clearly tired! Much appreciated.
laser558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:33 AM   #701
Simonblarkin

Default Writing send volume autumation

I just wanna say I have been using klinkes extension for a long time now with my bcf2000 and love it. I was trying to use my bcf2000 to write send volume automation, this is the first time I have tried it. I can control the send volumes fine in normal send mode but as soon as I arm the track to write send volume automation my bcf2000 becomes unresponsive, I can write the automation by grabbing the control with my mouse but the bcf2000 faders do nothing, even though it is still in send mode. Am I missing something or is this a limitation? Any help welcome.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #702
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonblarkin View Post
I just wanna say I have been using klinkes extension for a long time now with my bcf2000 and love it. I was trying to use my bcf2000 to write send volume automation, this is the first time I have tried it. I can control the send volumes fine in normal send mode but as soon as I arm the track to write send volume automation my bcf2000 becomes unresponsive, I can write the automation by grabbing the control with my mouse but the bcf2000 faders do nothing, even though it is still in send mode. Am I missing something or is this a limitation? Any help welcome.
Yes, send volume automation is not implemented.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #703
Simonblarkin

Cool, at least I know I am not going mad 😉. Thanks for the quick answer, much appreciatted.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:39 AM   #704
mainframe

Quote:
Yes, send volume automation is not implemented.
I'm thinking about getting an X-Touch as an upgrade to my BCF2000 and was wondering if the send volume automation is working with that controller or is it not working at all with the MCU?
mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:26 AM   #705
LugNut

Hi,

From my understanding is send auto is not available in the klinke csurf extension. I could be wrong tho...just ask my wife:-)
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:37 AM   #706
nofish

Yes, it's an open issue.

https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...tion-for-sends
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:08 PM   #707
mainframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Thanks a lot for the clarification , I think touchOSC might turn out to be a better option.
mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:12 AM   #708
SEA

Default Need Help Setting Up X TOUCH Please

This is my first controller so I'm a bit lost here.

I installed Mackie Control Klinke v0.8.3.4 and selected Mackie Control (Klinke v0.8.3.4)(dev -1,-1) as my control surface.

I have the Control surface display update frequency set to 30 Hz.

Now for midi in and out I selected X TOUCH but then Reaper gave an error saying the midi wasn't connected so I switch that to none.

When booting up and selecting the far select button I selected MC and USB so I "Think" I should be good to go.

So how do I get everything working? I go to actions and see the Mackie Control Klinke actions but how do I get the X TOUCH to recognize them?

Thanks for the help!

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:20 AM   #709
nightscope

Disable X-Touch midi in/out in midi preferences.

Use controller preferences to select Klinke using X-Touch's in/out.

The reason you getting error messages is because you have the X-Touch enabled in midi preferences.

Use the controller preferences only. Not midi.

ns
Old 09-16-2016, 06:44 AM   #710
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Disable X-Touch midi in/out in midi preferences.

Use controller preferences to select Klinke using X-Touch's in/out.

The reason you getting error messages is because you have the X-Touch enabled in midi preferences.

Use the controller preferences only. Not midi.

ns
Thanks NS! I have disabled midi and Mackie Control (Klinke v0.8.3.4)(dev -1,-1) as my control surface selected.

In Preferences/MIDI Devices, I have X TOUCH Enabled for both midi in and out.

So how to I assign the X TOUCH faders, buttons, etc? I can go to Actions and see Mackie Control Klinke actions but how do I get the X TOUCH to recognize them?

Thanks

Old 09-16-2016, 06:54 AM   #711
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA View Post
Thanks NS! I have disabled midi and Mackie Control (Klinke v0.8.3.4)(dev -1,-1) as my control surface selected.
The "dev -1, -1" give me the impression, that you don't have select the MIDI-Input and Output for the X-Touch in the Control Surface dialog. You must disable it in the global midi perferences dialog, but enable them in the dialog that appear, after you select the Mackie Control Klinke extension in th Control Surface dialog.

There is no need to assign any action afterwards, that I have added those actions are for hardware with less buttons like the Behringer BCF2000.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:00 AM   #712
nightscope

Quote:
In Preferences/MIDI Devices, I have X TOUCH Enabled for both midi in and out.
Nope. Disable the X-Touch in/out in midi preferences.

Use the controller preferences instead.

Just use Reapers' MCU at first, just to get it working. Faders, pans, transport, etc, will work automatically. It'll just happen.

Then, if you got Reaper's native MCU humming along, and you have Klinke's .dll installed correctly, just switch to Klinke's in contoller preferences. In/out in controller preferences to X-Touch. No set up required, if you have everything pointing in the right direction it'll just come alive, as if by magic.

ns
Old 09-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #713
nightscope

Dah Klinke is in dah house!!

ns
Old 09-16-2016, 07:35 AM   #714
SEA

Quote:
The "dev -1, -1" give me the impression, that you don't have select the MIDI-Input and Output for the X-Touch in the Control Surface dialog.
Are you referring to when I boot up the X TOUCH and hold down the far left select button you can choose on track 1 "Mode" MC and on track 2 "Ifc" MIDI? Cause those are both selected.

Quote:
You must disable it in the global midi preferences dialog
I disabled the X TOUCH midi under Preferences/Audio/MIDI Devices the X TOUCH. Is this what you mean by disabling them under Global midi preferences?

Quote:
but enable them in the dialog that appear, after you select the Mackie Control Klinke extension in the Control Surface dialog.
So after I selected the Mackie Control (Klinke v0.8.3.4)(dev -1,-1) under Preferences/Control Surfaces, am I supposed to selected "Edit" and choose the X TOUCH midi in and out from there? When I do this, I get "Reaper Control Surface Error, Error Opening Midi In and Out.

However, I now have Mackie Control (Klinke v0.8.3.4)(dev 23,22) under Preferences/Control Surfaces.

Still nothing is working in the X TOUCH.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Old 09-16-2016, 07:44 AM   #715
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Nope. Disable the X-Touch in/out in midi preferences.

Use the controller preferences instead.

Just use Reapers' MCU at first, just to get it working. Faders, pans, transport, etc, will work automatically. It'll just happen.

Then, if you got Reaper's native MCU humming along, and you have Klinke's .dll installed correctly, just switch to Klinke's in contoller preferences. In/out in controller preferences to X-Touch. No set up required, if you have everything pointing in the right direction it'll just come alive, as if by magic.

ns
Sounds great if I can only get it working! LOL

I deleted Reaper's native MCU per Klinke's manual advice when selecting Mackie Control (Klinke v0.8.3.4) under Preferences/Control Surfaces.

Now I selected Mackie Control Surface (Reapers Native correct?) with no change.

Now for the Klinke.dll, I installed Klinke's zip under C/Program Files/Reaper (X64)/Plugins where I have 4 Klinke.dll plus the MCU folder.

Is this correct?

Last edited by SEA; 09-16-2016 at 07:56 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #716
SEA

So under Control Surface I have Mackie Control (Klinke v0.8.3.4)(dev 23,22) selected. I also selected "Edit" and selected the X TOUCH for both Midi ins and outs.

I also have disabled the X TOUCH under Preferences/MIDI Devices but still not working.

Tips?

Old 09-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #717
SEA

Default GOT X TOUCH WORKING! :D

Thanks to forum member Ad0 I got the X TOUCH working!

What is odd is it WAS in USB mode, but then Ad0‏ suggested I open a blank project. So I opened a new project, and still nothing! Then I rebooted the X TOUCH holding down the select button and it said it was in MIDI mode not USB (like What The Heck??) which was very odd since it was in USB mode before.

So at LEAST that's that!

One thing that I can't seem to figure out (just yet) is when I use the Touch Faders I do not see the track in Reaper changing so I have to use the select button.

Can the touch faders work in the X Touch where you see the track change?

Thanks!

Old 09-18-2016, 01:17 AM   #718
Klinke

Quote:
One thing that I can't seem to figure out (just yet) is when I use the Touch Faders I do not see the track in Reaper changing so I have to use the select button.

Can the touch faders work in the X Touch where you see the track change?

Thanks!
No, this is not possible. There are the "Select" buttons on the hardware, so I do not see why this should be automatically done when you touch a fader.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:39 AM   #719
SEA

Quote:
No, this is not possible. There are the "Select" buttons on the hardware, so I do not see why this should be automatically done when you touch a fader.
Touch faders is one of the features that the X Touch offers and it increases your workflow so as soon as you touch a fader you automatically go to that track and your DAW response visually so you instantly know what track you are on verses having to figure out what track you are on via the scribble script and hunting down the track through the select buttons.

If you got to 1:18 secs into this vid, you will see the X Touch switching tracks just but touching the faders in Logic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4MQjdNx__o

Is this something that can be implemented or is there a limitation in Reaper where this can not be programmed?

Thanks!

Last edited by SEA; 09-18-2016 at 04:47 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:56 AM   #720
Klinke

The touch messages of the fader are supported, but not used to select a track. E.g. in the fx-Mode all the details of a parameter is shown in the display, when you touch a track, and in the normal pan-mode the dB value of the track is shown, instead of the virtual level meter.

I have checked the video, and I really see only disadvantages in using the touch function for selecting a track (not always when you want to change the volume of a track you also want to select it), when you have directly above the fader also a select button.