Old 07-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
frustratedrocka
Human being with feelings

Default ReaTune Thinks in A

ReaTune's automatic pitch correction seems to have an intense hatred of all keys other than A. Any time I try to set it to another key, it always resets it so that the key is handled in terms of A. So when I set E minor, close the window, and open it back up, I see A dorian. When I set C major, it reads B minor. When I set Bb major, it reads A Locrian. Anyone else ever run into this?
frustratedrocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Swamp Ape

Nope, not me. Just tried to reproduce it and nothing happened, and I've never encountered it before. Seems like a pretty weird quirk - maybe due to the version of reaper you're using or some setting in Reatune or any number of other factors. Does it actually affect anything, aside from being annoying?

I've actually been really impressed with how usable Reatune is, but I've only ever used it to jokingly auto-tune some stuff and to tune my guitars before recording. Post some settings and technical info and maybe somebody can actually give you a more useful reply than mine...
Swamp Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:55 AM   #3
Tazzie

Default Reatune

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustratedrocka View Post
ReaTune's automatic pitch correction seems to have an intense hatred of all keys other than A. Any time I try to set it to another key, it always resets it so that the key is handled in terms of A. So when I set E minor, close the window, and open it back up, I see A dorian. When I set C major, it reads B minor. When I set Bb major, it reads A Locrian. Anyone else ever run into this?
I have something similar, whatever key I select defaults back to A, so I have to render the wav after I have done a particular take in case it reverts to A. It does not do it every time, but I have to keep a critical eye on it. I thought I must have deen doing something wrong until I read your post. I run a windows7 Laptop, Vista laptop and Vista PC. Same for all. Win7laptop and Win Vista laptop have the latest Reaper version. PC is one version back.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Known issue.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:45 AM   #5
HoJo

Default Still present

Hi Ollie.

I can still easily reproduce this with the current release.
Was it supposed to be fixed? Is it logged?
Even when working with presets and FX-chains, it will always jump back to A,
chromatic which was the default before.

Thanks and BR,
HoJo
HoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:49 AM   #6
ivansc

Bump *oh alright then. bump bump bump.

* In response to that irritating nanny message about messages being too short.

THIS should be in nitpicks too as a separate item.

ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #7
whiteaxxxe
Banned

can it be that it falls back to modes based on A? so, it works right, but shows the according mode? does it work right or does it play wrong?

I tried, and for me it works correctly.
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #8
rjwillow

I haven't run into this. But I had the same issue with an old Yamaha keyboard with built in arranger. Everything was relative to C. Something in the code. After the bug was fixed everything was relative to the lowest note as the root. So inversion s came up with pretty odd. God help you if you put a C in the bass of your Gmaj...
As long as the notes sound true frequency wise, I guess that it is not a huge issue. But if the algorithm relies on a tempered scale only relative to A, There could be issues in some keys...
Next time I'm in the need of ReaTune, I will look into it further. Very interesting...
later
rich
rjwillow is offline   Reply With Quote