Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 09-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #1
matticus
Human being with feelings

Default Eastwest Play pops clicks in Reaper, not in standalone

This is the only VST I have issues with in Reaper. When running standalone Play 5.0 software (EW Symphonic Orch) there are no pops/clicks when I play in realtime, however when added as a VSTi in Reaper I get pops when playing in realtime and playing back recorded midi. They don't appear on renders.

I've set the environment identical in the Play standalone and Reaper. 16bit, 44.1KHz, 256 sample buffer.

I have a 4590S CPU, 16GB RAM, and OS, software and samples are all on 500GB SSD. I'm running a RME UFX USB interface. The computer doesn't have any issues with any other VSTi's and as I said the standalone player works without pops and clicks.

Is there a setting in Reaper that I should be looking at to resolve?
matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:16 AM   #2
gmgmgm

You might try altering settings for Minimal Undo States, Disable Saving Full Plug-In State or Buggy Plugin Compatability Mode and see if you find any improvement.

Unlikely to be relevant, but you wouldn't have Nektar keyboard integration installed?
gmgmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
matticus

I don't have a Nektar keyboard, tried those fixes on the VST and it seems like it lowered the amount of pops but didn't get rid of them. I have to put the buffer up to 1024 in Reaper to fully remove the pops which is unplayable in realtime.

I'm installing some other demo DAWs to see if it's a problem with the EW Play VST or the way Reaper handles it.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
matticus

Just tested the VSTi in Ableton Live and getting the same pops and clicks, so looks like the Play VSTi is just rubbish compared to the standalone exe.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:39 AM   #5
peter5992

Hmm ... I've had Play for years and never had any issues. You might want to change the buffer settings. The latest version 5 is a significant improvement in terms of performance and load times for most people.
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:38 PM   #6
Knut

I have the same problem here, it doesn't work except with the highest buffer / latency possible. The plugin causes audio crackles just by being loaded into FX, even though no samples are active at all.
How is that even possible?

I have tried all the things mentioned at this forum and East West's.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote