Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-19-2014, 02:24 AM   #1
G58
Human being with feelings

Default Poly-Ana 1/3 normal price until May 1st

http://www.admiralquality.com/purchase/

I have nothing to do with the company but I bought a full price licence a few years ago and don't regret it. Big, complex analogue sound (without any fx such as chorus or delay) and always stable in Reaper.

It is apparently not modelled on any one synth, but combines component models from things like Moog, EMS and others.

Not very common but highly recommendable.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/poly...uality/reviews

Last edited by G58; 04-19-2014 at 02:29 AM.
G58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #2
Doc Brown

I think the sound is analog sounding but it looks like R2-D2 threw up on the gui after a night at the cantina bar. The dev seems like a really good guy but I just ccan't get past the interface.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
xpander

Same here. Although I'm not always too big on 3D GUIs to begin with, Poly-Ana GUI would still be ok for me otherwise but for those big saucer pots with text. A selector pot with a small display for each would work for me, or something similar. Like it is, this one must be one of the very few I would discard just based on the GUI alone. Maybe working with xoxos clearsynth and perfecto 2 lately doesn't help alleviating the visual impact on this case.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 AM   #4
G58

I know what you mean... In fairness the synths it emulates were pretty ugly things too..

I tend to ceate or tweak my own patches and then open them in Little Poly-Ana which is little..

The sound does it for me; it just has something organic and real which I cant quite get from other VSTi.

I use Achemy too and find it lacks that sonic ingredient that Poly-Ana has. I'd love to hear the love child of both those synths though!!
G58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
Admiral Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Poly-Ana GUI would still be ok for me otherwise but for those big saucer pots with text. A selector pot with a small display for each would work for me, or something similar.
You can turn the mod-source selection dials to dropdown lists in the Options dialog. Just click on the product name to bring it up.

There are also tooltips, which will show the full name and exact setting of any control just by rolling over it. As well as a parameter display that shows the name and value of the current control being set. So don't judge it by looks alone please, use it for a while and see if it doesn't grow on you. (Many have told us exactly that. That they were a bit intimidated at first, but after a few days grew to understand and love the interface.)

And thanks for the kind words, G58. Much appreciated! If anyone has any other questions just let me know.

Cheers!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
xpander

Thank you for the tip about the dropdown lists Admiral Quality. That is something I could work with and would in my case leave the decision more to what should really matter in the first place, the sound...something I've only heard good things about.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #7
Doc Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Thank you for the tip about the dropdown lists Admiral Quality. That is something I could work with and would in my case leave the decision more to what should really matter in the first place, the sound...something I've only heard good things about.
I agree.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote