Old 08-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #1
mustgroove
Human being with feelings

Default v5.24pre12 - August 25 2016

v5.24pre12 - August 25 2016
+ API: allow SetCursorContext() to be called without envelope parameter
+ Automation: fix multiple-point editing corner cases [t=180363]
+ MIDI editor: do not deselect events unless piano roll left-click mouse modifier is set to deselect (which it is, by default) [t=177858]
+ MIDI editor: update channel usage indicator after any edit [t=180650]
+ MIDI: optionally export project tempo map and cues without any channel MIDI [p=1722360]
+ macOS: fix 'show full screen' menu item being added to Windows menu on macOS 10.11 [t=173120]
# MIDI editor: fix context menu when default right-click mouse modifier is customized [t=172402]
# Notation editor: fix marquee selection of notes and time ignoring snap [p=1722258]
# Notation editor: fix right-drag mouse modifiers that select time but not notes
# Notation editor: handle notation data during a bulk note move from API [p=1721838]
# Notation editor: support mouse modifier to toggle selection for notes touched while dragging [p=1722258]
mustgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:09 PM   #2
EvilDragon

Those are some nice fixes for MIDI editor! Especially the "no action" mouse modifier, now it should REALLY mean "no action"!
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:24 PM   #3
babag

fullscreen video still not working right here. selecting 'go fullscreen' makes the video image appear to go to its native size, placed at the upper left coordinate of the screen, without a menu bar. only other way to get video to (almost) fill the screen is to stretch the menued window manually, which leaves a giant menu bar across the top of the screen. just finished a session with a longtime client who complained about the 'distracting' menu bar. i had to explain that it was that or a small picture until this gets fixed. w10pro64/reaper64. this seems to be a problem introduced with the move to reaper v5. i keep a v4 around for viewings in which i don't have to make audio changes as v4 does not have this issue.

thanks,
BabaG
babag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
hamish

Great work schwa on MIDI fixes. Great work julian digging out bugs. (So much stuff I kind of half-notice but ignore or put up with).
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #5
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babag View Post
fullscreen video still not working right here. selecting 'go fullscreen' makes the video image appear to go to its native size, placed at the upper left coordinate of the screen, without a menu bar. only other way to get video to (almost) fill the screen is to stretch the menued window manually, which leaves a giant menu bar across the top of the screen. just finished a session with a longtime client who complained about the 'distracting' menu bar. i had to explain that it was that or a small picture until this gets fixed. w10pro64/reaper64. this seems to be a problem introduced with the move to reaper v5. i keep a v4 around for viewings in which i don't have to make audio changes as v4 does not have this issue.
Working fine on my win10 machine here.

Do you have a single monitor or multiple monitors?

Do you have any custom DPI scaling or display scaling enabled?

Is the video window docked before you go fullscreen, or floating as usual?

Is the video window topmost-pinned before going fullscreen?

If you go to preferences/video, and uncheck "enable EVR" does that change anything?

Can you take a photograph of the screen showing what it looks like? Bonus points for video of switching so we can see what happens.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #6
babag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Do you have a single monitor or multiple monitors?
video is on a dedicated hdtv (1920x1080p) on the wall as part of a four monitor desktop. i run my desktop apps and reaper environment on three other 19" monitors across my console. i drag the reaper video window to the wall monitor and select the fullscreen option. that always worked before v5.
Quote:
Do you have any custom DPI scaling or display scaling enabled?
not that i know of.
Quote:
Is the video window docked before you go fullscreen, or floating as usual?
floating.
Quote:
Is the video window topmost-pinned before going fullscreen?
not even sure what this is so, unless i did it by mistake, no.
Quote:
If you go to preferences/video, and uncheck "enable EVR" does that change anything?
behaves same either way.
Quote:
Can you take a photograph of the screen showing what it looks like? Bonus points for video of switching so we can see what happens.
fullscreen (reduced from 1920x1080 to 480x270)

manually stretched to fill the screen (again reduced from 1920x1080 to 480x270)

thanks for looking into this!
BabaG
Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #7
Justin
Administrator

Does it behave differently on the other monitors?
Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #8
juliansader

v2.24 will be amazing for MIDI editing!

Two of the bug fixes still need little tweaks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove View Post
+ MIDI editor: do not deselect events unless piano roll left-click mouse modifier is set to deselect (which it is, by default) [t=177858]
Events are still deselected if the user clicks in the CC lane.

Quote:
Notation editor: fix right-drag mouse modifiers that select time but not notes
Selecting time works, but not yet scrolling.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:41 PM   #9
babag

Quote:
Does it behave differently on the other monitors?
aha. it only does this on the wall mounted, 1920x1080 display. the other three work as expected. the other three are all 19" and 1680x1050. here's a screenshot of the display settings. the number 1 monitor is the one in question.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:09 PM   #10
Neutronic

The buglet is still roaming the reaper forest.
Neutronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:12 PM   #11
babag

i'm wrong. the video i'm using as an example is 1920x1080 as is the monitor so, when i select 'fullscreen' and it snaps to a smaller size, it's not snapping to its native resolution. its snapping to about a third or a quarter of its native size. its native resolution should fill the screen. i'd thought that this clip was more like 1280x 768 or so. there is still a problem on this end but my reporting was in error. that's now corrected hopefully.

additionally, this is the info from the 'video decoder priority' setting in my preferences:

vlc ffmpeg qt:mov,qt,m4v,mp4 dshow:!mov,!mp4,!m4v,!qt

i tried removing vlc from this but the video screen stayed black if i did that.

i also tried playing the video separate from reaper. i put the vlc screen on the problem monitor and selected 'fullscreen' in the vlc player and it displayed properly on the monitor. it did not reduce as indicated in the jpgs posted earlier.

another piece of info: the video seems too large when i select to display it at 'resize video to original size.' i'd expect it to only slightly exceede the border of the monitor but it exceeds it by quite a bit. not double or anything but by quite a bit. vlc does this also.

thanks,
BabaG

Last edited by babag; 08-25-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:31 AM   #12
daxliniere

Quote:
v5.24pre12 - August 25 2016
+ API: allow SetCursorContext() to be called without envelope parameter
Forgive my ignorance, does this provide a solution for mouse context for stretch markers?
(To replace the thing Breeder built which stopped working when linear-rate SMs were introduced.)
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:31 AM   #13
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
aha. it only does this on the wall mounted, 1920x1080 display. the other three work as expected. the other three are all 19" and 1680x1050. here's a screenshot of the display settings. the number 1 monitor is the one in question.
If you arrange the wall mounted monitor to be below the primary monitor (so that its Y coordinate is positive rather than negative, meaning to get the mouse onto that monitor you would move it down from the other 3 monitors), does that fix it?

Also: I see the display scaling for that display is set to 150%. What are the other screens set to? If you set them all the same (or all 100% for that matter), does that fix it?

Last edited by Justin; 08-26-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:26 AM   #14
babag

thankyou, justin! i'd have never noticed that. other screens are set to 100%. changed the 150% scaling to 100% and everything's back to normal! and a big thanks for nothing to windows 10 for arbitrarily deciding to give me that setting. w10 seems a very mixed bag on my end. on the one hand it feels snappy and pretty solid. reaper's been running well on it. on the other hand, it does things like this, i hate the telemetry issues, and they removed lots of things i used like appearance customization abilities.

thanks again and so sorry to have wasted your time,
BabaG
Old 08-26-2016, 10:41 AM   #15
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronic View Post
The buglet is still roaming the reaper forest.
Hmm it shouldn't be showing a scrollbar unless the window is more than 12 pixels shorter than the plug-in. What plug-in btw?
Old 08-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #16
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
thankyou, justin! i'd have never noticed that. other screens are set to 100%. changed the 150% scaling to 100% and everything's back to normal! and a big thanks for nothing to windows 10 for arbitrarily deciding to give me that setting. w10 seems a very mixed bag on my end. on the one hand it feels snappy and pretty solid. reaper's been running well on it. on the other hand, it does things like this, i hate the telemetry issues, and they removed lots of things i used like appearance customization abilities.

thanks again and so sorry to have wasted your time,
BabaG
Thanks for the update -- ideally that'd be something we could fix, but I'm having trouble duplicating it at the moment. I'm planning to do more testing soon. Glad you have a workaround for now!
Old 08-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #17
EvilDragon

Quote:
Hmm it shouldn't be showing a scrollbar unless the window is more than 12 pixels shorter than the plug-in. What plug-in btw?
That is either UVI Workstation or Falcon. Can't miss that virtual keyboard anywhere
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #18
Neutronic

Quote:
It is UVI Workstation as ED said but it's is not plugin specific here. The same thing happens with Kontakt for example if it gets stretched out. Oh and what I was showing on the screenshot is not the scrollbar but 1 pixel high whitespace left after you removed the rest of it.

Though speaking of the scrollbar - can we have an option for it to not appear no matter what? The reason I ask is if the main Reaper window is open on my laptop and I float somewhat long plugs that's what happens. I usually move them to my secondary monitor which is much longer than necessary but the scrollbar does not go away. If I simply stretch out the plugin window manually and then close and reopen it - the scrollbar reappears.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:19 PM   #19
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronic View Post
It is UVI Workstation as ED said but it's is not plugin specific here. The same thing happens with Kontakt for example if it gets stretched out. Oh and what I was showing on the screenshot is not the scrollbar but 1 pixel high whitespace left after you removed the rest of it.
Can you make some licecaps showing me what you're doing?
Old 08-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #20
Neutronic

Here's a licap of the part you quoted: https://stash.reaper.fm/28343/vert_scrollbar_2.gif

The steps I made:
1. Created an emptry track
2. Dragged the plug-in on it
3. Closed the FX chain window
4. Floated the plug-in

Please let me know if you want me to illustrate anything else.

Last edited by Neutronic; 08-26-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:02 PM   #21
ovnis

Quote:
+ Automation: fix multiple-point editing corner cases [t=180363]
It's supposed to fix this ( I use the v5.24pre13)?

ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #22
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
It's supposed to fix this ( I use the v5.24pre13)?

Nope.