Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 06-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #1
Sokko
Human being with feelings

Default I get bluescreen when opening Reaper

I have used Reaper for some weeks now, but in the last couple of days I get bluescreen right after opening Reaper. Normally I do not click on anything inside Reaper before it appears, or I've clicked just a few clicks. After a while the bluescreen reboot my computer, but the reboot does not solve the problem. Occasionally the bluescreen does not appear at all after opening Reaper, and then all is just fine.

The error code I get on the bluescreen is IROQL-GT-ZERO-AT-SYSTEMSERVICE. Occasionally another error code appears in Reaper right before the bluescreen appears, and that error code says something about that Reaper does not get in contact with my asio-hardware or something like that, but I have not changed the connection between my computer and my audiointerface (Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2gen) which I have used for takes with Reaper before without problems. Today I tried to reinstall the driver for the Focusrite, but it did not help.

The bluescreen does not show up when I use other programs or surf the Internet. yesterday I made sure I have the latest Windows updates, and afterwards I had a complete scan of my entire computer for viruses. No viruses was found. My operating system is Windows 8.1. I have also scanned my computer for ram failures, but the computer says it is ok.

Is there anyone who has experienced the same thing? How can I solve this problem? I'm a newbie so I do not think I can go for any advanced solutions.
Sokko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
Sokko

I now tried with another audiointerface (M-Audio M-Track 2x2M), and Reaper then worked fine after I had changed the Audio device settings in Reaper to M-Audio M-Track 2x2M.

Then I again connected the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2gen and changed the Audio device settings in Reaper back to Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2gen. After a while bluescreen occurred again.

Is this then probably a clean Focusrite driver / hardware problem?
Old 06-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
I now tried with another audiointerface (M-Audio M-Track 2x2M), and Reaper then worked fine after I had changed the Audio device settings in Reaper to M-Audio M-Track 2x2M.

Then I again connected the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2gen and changed the Audio device settings in Reaper back to Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2gen. After a while bluescreen occurred again.

Is this then probably a clean Focusrite driver / hardware problem?
Hello- Having a 2x2m also-- get no errors from using that(disconnected right now) but there is reports and possible `fixes` of your reported error here> http://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors/b...ystem-service/
May help,may not-computers do mis-behave sometimes.The internet said so it must be true. =)
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #4
Sokko

Thank you for your response Bri1 and your link to Solvusoft. I also found that page before I asked here. Do you recommend that I use their WinThruster program for scanning my PC for computer errors (has anyone here tried it, maybe it is a scam?) or that i follow their list of 11 points to try to fix the problem?

I considered not to go to deep into their 11 points before I had asked here, because it is a very drastic and timeconsuming way of doing it.

I can tell you that I also had problems with my M-Audio M-Track 2x2M (sporadically it would not give sound at all out of my keyboard), but in the last days it seems to work fine (maybe after a windows update of my PC?).

The reason why I bought my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2gen was because my M-Audio M-Track 2x2M sporadically failed.

I read somewhere that it is very complicated to write good drivers for audiointerfaces that shall fit most used operatingsystems. So maybe the best solution for me is to buy a third audiointerface, and probably at least one of them will function when I need one.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:47 AM   #5
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Do you recommend that I use their WinThruster program for scanning my PC for computer errors (has anyone here tried it, maybe it is a scam?) or that i follow their list of 11 points to try to fix the problem?

I considered not to go to deep into their 11 points before I had asked here, because it is a very drastic and timeconsuming way of doing it.
I would not recommend installing any other softwares until you exhaust your troubleshooting options.
If you have recently done any os updates (creators edition I imagine atmo?) troubleshoot again 1st.
Creators update introduced a new virtual surround option in the mixer there,so check all that crap as well-reaconfigure audio devices perhaps.

If you can gather any error reports from windoze event viewer or w/e-this can be passed to a suitable technician if needed,remote assistance can be offered.
Both m audio and win may offer online support.

1st steps I might try would be device management-scan peripherals any hardware changes + update any drivers.
Rea-instal softwares/drivers///troubleshoot again.

Only as a final `reasort` would I ever consider some potentially infested "fix all" softwares.
May the forces be with u. =)
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #6
Sokko

Default The problem is solved!

Thank you for your advices Bri 1. I sendt an email to Focusrite and got a beta-driver for my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2 gen, and the problem is solved.