Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #1
Sokko
Human being with feelings

Default I get bluescreen when opening Reaper

I have used Reaper for some weeks now, but in the last couple of days I get bluescreen right after opening Reaper. Normally I do not click on anything inside Reaper before it appears, or I've clicked just a few clicks. After a while the bluescreen reboot my computer, but the reboot does not solve the problem. Occasionally the bluescreen does not appear at all after opening Reaper, and then all is just fine.

The error code I get on the bluescreen is IROQL-GT-ZERO-AT-SYSTEMSERVICE. Occasionally another error code appears in Reaper right before the bluescreen appears, and that error code says something about that Reaper does not get in contact with my asio-hardware or something like that, but I have not changed the connection between my computer and my audiointerface (Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2gen) which I have used for takes with Reaper before without problems. Today I tried to reinstall the driver for the Focusrite, but it did not help.

The bluescreen does not show up when I use other programs or surf the Internet. yesterday I made sure I have the latest Windows updates, and afterwards I had a complete scan of my entire computer for viruses. No viruses was found. My operating system is Windows 8.1. I have also scanned my computer for ram failures, but the computer says it is ok.

Is there anyone who has experienced the same thing? How can I solve this problem? I'm a newbie so I do not think I can go for any advanced solutions.
Sokko is offline   Reply With Quote