Old 03-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #801
Anton9
Human being with feelings

Thanks for the update.

I was excited about the new Region Playlist, but either I'm doing something wrong or it's not working correctly. For instance if I have 3 regions and I reorder them in the list as 1,3,2..., 1 and 2 get played but 3 never does.

Is there any way that smooth seek could be set up as optional? It just seems counter intuitive, regions should be played based on their exact length.

Cheers
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #802
Jeffos
Mortal

EDIT: forget what is written below. Playing is ok now, there is no more constraints on region ends (with SWS >= v2.2.0 #7 and REAPER >= v4.23pre3)

I KNEW IT! I knew someone will report that.. but no! not YOU Anton9
from the v2.2.0 #3changelog:
Code:
[...]
Important note: the play preview is based on "smooth seeking" so regions are played until the next measure (start positions of regions do not matter).
Croping a project to a playlist will respect regions boundaries, of course.
[...]
.. so region must end on measures. BTW, an easy workaround is to use a one beat measure time signature 1/4, with that you will have beat precision, i.e. regions just have to end on beats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Is there any way that smooth seek could be set up as optional? It just seems counter intuitive, regions should be played based on their exact length.
.. but yeah I see what you mean and I forsse other reports like that (exactly why I hesitated to push this in the SWS extension). I can probably switch/restore the time sig on playlist play/stop since time sig markers do not make sense in this playlist context.. hum, needs to double-check.. or only keep the crop feature in the worts case. I'll see.
for your question: no, smooth seeking is definitely required. it is the only way to have perfect timing with the current API (AFAIK).

Last edited by Jeffos; 05-06-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: no more constrainst on region ends
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #803
BenK-msx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
.. oh! and v2.2.0 #3 is out, with a surprise (tm)
http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/downloads/list
eek thanks Jeffos & co - looks juicy as usual.

one thought (without trying it) was option to crop playlist to new project tab, leaving current untouched. or can we macro that up?

cool.
BenK-msx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #804
Viente

+All S&M windows: optional Windows-rendered fonts (ClearType) - To enable this option set ClearTypeFont to 1 in the section [General] of the S&M.ini file

Oh thats cool! I've already noticed it in the #2 version too. The font is much better now! thanks!
But i've noticed its not affected the tooltip anymore as in #2 ver, is it possible to bring it back?

Last edited by Viente; 03-26-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Viente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #805
musicbynumbers

Jeffos some great stuff here! Will donate to you both again when I get some money through!

What's happening to the bug report section (http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/updates/list) on the google site? it now says it doesn't exist when I try and access it?

Also, I found a possible bug in the amazing new region playlist feature. If I change a regions length it correctly updates the playlist but still plays the region as if it had the old length. Is that a feature or a bug?

Lastly, Any news on that amazing "text replacement" feature you were thinking of adding to the find window? will it now be part of the label processor perhaps instead?

thanks!!!
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #806
Kundalinguist

Region Playlist - How cool is that!

You guys are like the unofficial R&D wing of Reaper.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #807
Jeffos
Mortal

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
one thought (without trying it) was option to crop playlist to new project tab, leaving current untouched. or can we macro that up?
"crop playlist to new project tab" was my first idea too but I had a tech problem I can't remember of right now.. I'll give it another go.
and no, it is not possible with a macro since I didn't add any "crop project to plalist" action. would that be useful?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viente View Post
Oh thats cool! I've already noticed it in the #2 version too. The font is much better now! thanks!
But i've noticed its not affected the tooltip anymore as in #2 ver, is it possible to bring it back?
Ah yes.. I'll bring it back for tooltips too
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
What's happening to the bug report section (http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/updates/list) on the google site? it now says it doesn't exist when I try and access it?
Confirmed! It's Google's fault. They decided to removed it.. just like that.. radical! More info here (from Tim): http://code.google.com/p/support/issues/detail?id=24324
It is a bit like if MIDI support was removed from REAPER until a supposed "bug" was fixed! Glups :/ This page was the main one to me (to keep updated).
Quote:
If I change a regions length it correctly updates the playlist but still plays the region as if it had the old length. Is that a feature or a bug?
It depends when you changed the length vs the play cursor position, but yes, it is most probably normal. I decided NOT to lock playlist edition during play, it has some advantages but this drawback too.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #808
gwok

awesome stuff, again.

maybe a little bug lurking in the region playlist. Seems the play button stays engaged efter the stop button is pressed. Playback does stop, though the play button stays green. It does turn off after multiple clicks on the stop button, or after some time it seems.

g

edit: actually just realized it may be a gui thing, because after i hit stop it stays green (play button), though it will go grey just by hovering the mouse over the play button - hth

osx 10.6.8, reaper 4.21
Old 03-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #809
BenK-msx

Jeffos: to make it macro friendly something like "copy cropped playlist to clipboard" would be cool as we can then ' open new tab ' and paste or paste it at end of current project etc. etc.

The Region playlist empties when u switch project tabs so it would be tricky to achieve otherwise.

Just athought, any associated actions welcome of course!
BenK-msx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #810
Jeffos
Mortal

Default CUSTOMIZATION & LOCALIZATION OF THE SWS EXTENSION

CUSTOMIZATION & LOCALIZATION OF THE EXTENSION

How to get a translated version of the extension?
  • Wait for some valiant people to translate things (the better/faster being to contribute )
  • 3 years later, drag'n'drop the resulting language pack file in REAPER (or select it in REAPER's main menu > prefrences > general)
  • Restart REAPER

How to customize/translate the extension?
At the moment, we can not define one langpack for REAPER and another one for SWS, so both langpack files must be translated and then merged as follow:
  • First have a look here: http://www.reaper.fm/langpack, chapter "Develop Language Packs"
  • Download the SWS Template LangPack file: here (latest version)
  • Translate this file and keep a copy of it!
    We we call this file the reference: this is the file translators work on, this is not the one you distribute
  • Merge the translated SWS LangPack with the translated REAPER LangPack:
    - Say the translated REAPER langpack file is "REAPER_French.txt" and the translated SWS LangPack file is "SWS_French.txt" (the reference)
    - Download Cockos' "merge_langpacks" tool (available here - hopes it's ok to link from here @moderators: feel free to edit if not!) and from a command line - on Windows here:
    Code:
    merge_langpacks.exe REAPER_French.txt SWS_French.txt > FULL_French.ReaperLangPack
  • Done: that new file "FULL_French.ReaperLangPack" is the file you can distribute,
    it is installed as described above (drag-drop in REAPER or via Preferences > General)
Notes:
  • Important: keep separated copies of the translated SWS LangPack and the translated REAPER LangPack.
    Reasons: this will ease future REAPER and/or SWS langpack upgrades, also separated langpack files for REAPER and SWS is likely to happen in the future...
  • The SWS LangPack should be translated just like the REAPER one:
    As you translate a string, remove the ; from the beginning of the line.
    If the line begins with ;^ then it is an optional string, and you should only modify that line if the definition in [common] is not accurate for that context.
  • Do not change action tags (like SWS:, SWS/S&M:, etc..): such translations would be ignored!
    This is to ease debug on our end...
  • The SWS Template LangPack has no #NAME, this is normal. An applicable version number is wrote at the top of the file.
  • Only S&M windows are dynamically sized according to string lengths.

How to upgrade the SWS LangPack file?
From time to time, the SWS template LangPack will be updated (latest version here).
  • Let's say that new template is "SWS_Template.txt"
  • Merge your current translated SWS langpack (the SWS reference file, not the "full" REAPER+SWS langpack you distribute):
    Code:
    merge_langpacks.exe SWS_Template.txt SWS_French.txt > NEW_SWS_French.txt
  • Translate new strings in this file "NEW_SWS_French.txt" and keep a copy of it, this is the new reference file
  • Merge that file with the current (translated) REAPER one:
    Code:
    merge_langpacks.exe REAPER_French.txt NEW_SWS_French.txt > FULL_French.ReaperLangPack
  • Done: that new file "FULL_French.ReaperLangPack" is the file you can distribute,
    it is installed as described above (drag-drop in REAPER or via Preferences > General)

Many thanks to Justin who made this possible!

Last edited by Jeffos; 01-13-2016 at 10:13 AM. Reason: url update
Old 04-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #811
gofer
-blänk-

Wow! I love "paste playlist at edit cursor".

One thing, when I have a region multiple times in my playlist (by adding it or by using the "count column") and then crop it, shouldn't it create new region markers for the added parts in the timeline?
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #812
Kundalinguist

Incredible! As soon as I installed this new version I could feel a shift in my sluggish attitude and have suddenly become most popular with the opposite sex. And unless it's my imagination, I'm also noticing some renewed hair growth in my temple region. I'll be telling all my friends about this new update. Hmmm, but wait. Maybe I'll just keep it all to myself.

Beyond that...that regions playlist issue I mentioned above is now fixed.

Thanks for the new hair, Team SWS!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #813
Jeffos
Mortal

haha ha! these forums would not be the w/o you Kunda! Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Wow! I love "paste playlist at edit cursor".

One thing, when I have a region multiple times in my playlist (by adding it or by using the "count column") and then crop it, shouldn't it create new region markers for the added parts in the timeline?
No, but it's a choice I made. A bit complicated to explain.. I try: you will see the region playlist is preserved after crop with the needed regions and the *same count numbers* so that if your crop, crop, and crop it again the project will remain the same (crops will be no-op). Do you think something different would be better?

Last edited by Jeffos; 04-11-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #814
mabian

Quote:
haha ha! these forums would not be the w/o you Kunda! Thanks
Totally

- Mario
Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #815
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
No, but it's a choice I made. A bit complicated to explain.. I try: you will see the region playlist is preserved after crop with the needed regions and the *same count numbers* so that if your crop, crop, and crop it again the project will remain the same (crops will be no-op). Do you think something different would be better?
I think I understand. Kind of . If it helps the process of working further with the cropped playlist ("playlisting" it again) and grew Kunda some new hair then it's good as is.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #816
Viente

Thanks for making ClearType font for tooltips too. Now its much readable on Win7
Old 04-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #817
gembez

I'm experiencing a behavior problem with "Set Fade of Selected Items to Configuration X".

I'm using this feature either fade-ins or fade-outs and not both at the same time. So in each configuration either the fade-in or fade-out length is set to 0. But Reaper interprets that as a fade with the length of 0. So if I already have a fade there, it basically removes it. For example, I have an item with a crossfade at the end, and I would like to use this feature just to add a fade-in. But in addition to getting my fade-in the croosfade will get removed.

I think if Reaper treats an empty box (or an x in the box) as "leave the fade as is" the problem will be solved. If that's not possible, then I think the next option would to have Reaper treat a 0 length as "leave the fade as is".

Thanks in advance,
Gembez
gembez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #818
daxliniere

Bonjour Jeffos,
Did you receive my private message yet?

Cheers,
Dax.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #819
Anton9

Default Attention Jeffos

I just installed 2.2.0.6 and found a bad bug.
I created Issue 466 at the beta site that details the problem.

Thanks,

Anton9

p.s. The new 'Paste region(s) at edit cursor' action works really well. thank you!

Last edited by Anton9; 05-01-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #820
Coachz

+SWS/S&M: Remove all envelopes for selected tracks - works with frozen tracks (preserved), master track, fx param envelopes, etc..

that will rock ! Thanks
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #821
musicbynumbers

Default help! :)

version 2.2.0.6 has removed some of the very handy hide/show actions for the MCP,. I use to be able to hide all but the selected tracks (and still can in 2.2.0.5) and other things like this. Is the change on purpose?

(I always knew you were evil Jeffos!)
Old 05-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #822
Viente

which actions? Looks like everything is OK here
Old 05-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #823
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viente View Post
which actions? Looks like everything is OK here
Good question!

I've narrowed it down to one missing action that I use a lot in custom actions. The one that seems to be broken/missing for me is;

"SWS: show selected track(s) in MCP, hide others"

I recall Tim saying that some actions were removed recently because of being doubles of inherent reaper ones but not sure if that's why

EDIT: I did look at the reaper built in ones but what they don't seem to have is a command that hides all BUT the selected one, this is a handy command we shouldn't loose to do this in reaper it's self (via custom actions) is a slower process and I think affects hidden tracks which I definitely don't want

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 05-06-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #824
Jeffos
Mortal

Region playlist:
I forgot to post about it but the play preview is always ok now, there is no more constraints on region ends (with SWS >= v2.2.0 #7 and REAPER >= v4.23pre3).
Also I consider it will be out of "beta state" in the next build (v2.2.0.7).

Localization:
The SWS/S&M extension is now available in French! Many thanks to neilerua, Homme Studio and transtrans for their AMAZING job!!
To translaters: I did some fixes/updates during the process => a new SWS LangPack template file is available here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
I just installed 2.2.0.6 and found a bad bug.
I created Issue 466 at the beta site that details the problem.
Thanks for using the SWS tracker Fixed in the next build.
Quote:
version 2.2.0.6 has removed some of the very handy hide/show actions for the MCP
humm.. we do not remove things unless they are really deprecated or natively overexeeded. It should be a problem on your end (?) can you remember the exact name of these actions? or if you still have tied toolbars/macros, their custom ids (ids like "_SWS_ABOUT")? or any clue that would help to double-check?
EDIT: sorry mbn, we posted at the same time! Just checked: "SWS: show selected track(s) in MCP, hide others" still there for sure!

Last edited by Jeffos; 05-06-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #825
musicbynumbers

weird will try 7 and see what happens.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #826
Banned

Quote:
[...] I recall Tim saying that some actions were removed recently because of being doubles of inherent reaper ones but not sure if that's why [...]
I would welcome an effort to push a bunch of the most popular SWS actions to REAPER's side, and become native REAPER actions. Even if only to ensure that the action IDs are reliable (also see here). For this reason I have avoided triggering any SWS actions directly when using REAPER's OSC control surface support, otherwise I would have problems like this.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #827
Kundalinguist

Default Ah Boogah Boogah

Not sure if this has been mentioned - I'm just messing around testing new build:

I've made two regions from within the same item but the second region - after doing an "add all regions" - comes up as unknown. BUT...

When I add a third region (outside and past the item), suddenly the second item is registered.

Is this the work of Satan, or just a bug?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #828
Anton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundalinguist View Post
Is this the work of Satan, or just a bug?
It's just a bug. Both Tim and Jeffos have acknowledge it, and it should be fixed in the next build. Let's just hope that nataS doesn't read this thread.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #829
musicbynumbers

Default definitely don't have the "MCP" version just the "TCP" version

Quote:
Just checked: "SWS: show selected track(s) in MCP, hide others" still there for sure!
Hi Jeffos I just tried 2.2.0.6 again and it definitely is missing for me.

Are you sure you saw "SWS: show selected track(s) in MCP, hide others" and NOT "SWS: show selected track(s) in TCP, hide others" as I have that one still but not the MCP version.

Very weird that!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #830
sws
Code Monkey

Yeah I'm confused too, I see it both in Reaper and in the source code.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #831
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
Yeah I'm confused too, I see it both in Reaper and in the source code.
Thanks for checking. I might try and re-download it. I'm normally not that paranoid to think that will make a difference I'm out of ideas!

EDIT: ok, tried that and still no MCP version super weird!

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 05-08-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #832
sws
Code Monkey

More evidence you're crazy

Old 05-09-2012, 03:35 AM   #833
musicbynumbers

You show me yours and I'll show you mine (when I'm back home)

Is there any file I could email you for you to check if it's a corrupted file my end (like sws prefs?) that is causing this?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #834
Viente

Its here as well
Old 05-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #835
Anton9

Default 2.2.0 #7

Nice update.., I did however find one small bug.
Opened Issue 469 at the beta site..., which also contains a little request.

Thank you,

Anton9
Old 05-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #836
musicbynumbers

Default Just tried version 7 (and latest reaper pre8) still not there :(

Proof

What the hell could it be? Should I delete my configs? very weird, nothing else seems to be missing.

Viente, do you mean you "can" see the MCP version?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #837
Kundalinguist

MBN, I believe it has to do with British censorship. This command was deemed a threat in undermining public confidence in the House of Lords. And so, regrettably, it has been made illegal by your country. However, we are allowed to have it here in "the colonies." Go figure.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #838
musicbynumbers

I just knew they were out to get me!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #839
Kundalinguist

Default re; my aforementioned "bug" = fixed.

My issyoo ie. "issue" from before, appears to be fixed. But SWS is still missing the "write hit song" feature.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #840
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundalinguist View Post
SWS is still missing the "write hit song" feature.
I'm almost done with that, but it seems Reaper just can't handle its awesomeness.