Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-25-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Wazoo
Human being with feelings

Default Not playing any more. Not moving under Vista

Hi, Reaper is a very good tool. But with all versions 2.x Reaper it doesn't work any more. Everything seems ok, but when I click on PLAY, Reaper says "Playing", but nothing happens. No transport, no sound, no time count, and worse, no message to tell that something is wrong. I can start and stop as usual.

Re-installation didn't help. Creating new projects neither.

I work under Vista. Initially everything worked fine. I'm not sure what changes caused the error:
- Vista update (but other Software like Band-In-A-Box work fine.)
- a Karaoke Software installed
- the new Reaper versions.

I like Reaper. It had helped a lot till now. Any idea? Thank you.
Wazoo
Wazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
Tallisman

please more detail:

DAW specs.
Audio Interface
Audio Drivers & Settings.

there are many things to check, but we cna only guess without the info.

cheers,
t.

http://tallisman.bandcamp.com <--Me.

"Excuse me. Could you please point me in the direction of the self-help section?"
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
BoxOfSnoo

Does the play cursor move? It's probably your sound driver. Try switching to one of the other sound drivers temporarily - i.e. use WDM or DirectSound.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
stratman

Default I've a similar problem with Vista but I've found a work around

I use Reaper in Vista with a Line 6 Podxt as my USB audio interface.

Fistly I'll explain my settings.

Under Options/Preferences/Audio/Device I select ASIO as the Audio system and and then ASIO Podxt as the ASIO driver, but you'll have to make a setting that's appropriate to the hardware you are using.

Sometimes nothing happens when I select play or record. When this happens I click on Options/Preferences, click on Audio device then click OK. After that everything starts working again.

I also occasionally have some problems when I enable Microsoft GS wavetable synth under the Midi devices. I wonder whether some application running in the background in Vista is tying up the Audio devices?

If all else fails in the Vista 'All programs' list, click on the Reaper folder. Then click on the option that states Reaper (reset configuration to factory defaults). Whatever, happens, this never fails to get things going for me. But after doing this you might have to set up your devices again under Options/Preferences.

Caution. I've only been using Reaper for one week, so the above may be rubbish. The two guys who posted before me know alot more than I do.
stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 AM   #5
markheath

I've been having a similar problem with REAPER 2.x on Vista with the Line 6 Toneport UX2. You press play and nothing happens. I fix it by loading up the Gearbox application which seems to kick everything back into life.
markheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 AM   #6
stratman

Default Further Info

I've not seen other posts on this problem, As we seem to be having a similar problem I wondered whether there were any similarities between our systems.

Here are some further details about my system. Are there any similarities?

Computer:
Compaq Presario Media Centre SR2149UK PC

Operating system:
Vista Home Premium (32 bit)
Intel Viiv Technology

Processor:
Duo Processor E6400
Intel 945G express chipset

Sound: Intel High Definition Audio 7.1
It's onboard sound so I don't have a separate sound card, but I'm using my Podxt as an USB audio interface.
Also, there's some Realtek software that seems to control the sound.

I was going to perform my own investigations into this problem by checking what processes are running in the background. However, I'm going away for a few days and my wife's not going to let me anywhere near a computer.

I'll be interested to find out how you've got on when I get back.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #7
DuX

I suppose nobody told you that Vista is no goodie for DAW? Vista is for office and web surfers, not for pro audio, nor for gamers and all those who want to max their systems.
DuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:49 PM   #8
kevins773

For what it's worth, I'm having the exact same problem with Windows XP. I've tried selecting everything to no avail. If I figure out the problem, I'll post here.
kevins773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:13 AM   #9
stratman

Default Vista Compatibility With Reaper

I'm sure there's a solution. In other posts I've heard from people who are using Reaper with Vista. Also, it mentions Vista on the Reaper home page.

However, I have Reaper on my laptop which has an XP operating system and it runs fine without any problems (which my conscience reminds me to buy a second licence when I get home).

I've been using Reaper so much recently my wifes's trying to keep me away from computers while we're on holiday, but I sneaked away and found one. Better go now she's just tracked me down.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #10
Wazoo

Default Reaper with Vista

Hi, thanks for all your suggestions. I know, Vista is a mistake, for me and the world, but Reaper worked fine under Vista for a couple of month. And people with XT seem to experience the same misbehaviour: I press PLAY and nothing happens, or nearly: No cursor movement, no time advance, but indicating "Playing".

So I tried to follow your suggestions:
- I clicked to Options|Preferences|Audio|Device. No success.
- I reset Reaper to factory default. No success.

What I have:
- Lenovo Notebook T60p
- Vista Home Premium
- Audio Device: WaveOut
- SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio
- I use the internal hardware, no external gear

So, what should I test further? Thank you for every step forward.
Wazoo

Last edited by Wazoo; 10-27-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: More details
Old 10-28-2007, 06:54 AM   #11
stratman

Default Another thing to try

Sorry my suggestions didn't work. You're not alone with this problem.

Did you try BoxofSnoo's suggestion of selecting a different sound driver. Under Options/Preferences/Audio/Device there should be a drop down list against Audio system. With my system I see WDM Kernel streaming, DirectSound, WaveOut and ASIO (which happens to corresponds to my Podxt). I would guess you should see the first three in your list. Have you tried selecting one of the alternatives?

From your system description, it looks possible that you have onboard sound (like me) and don't have a separate sound card. I wonder whether this is a factor in Vista that causes the transport to lock up. Maybe the use of an external USB interface might help. There are fairly cheap one's available.

However, my Podxt is effectively an external USB interface, and I still get the transport lock up effect you describe. But at least I can 'kick start' things into action again using the method I described in my earlier posts.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #12
Wazoo

Default Still No Cursor Movement

Thank You for the suggestion. I have the same four devices. ASIO is no option, as I have no device and no driver installed. "WDM Kernel Streaming" show no in- or output devices. "DirectSound" show devices, but I tested every device and I found no changes of the behaviour.

Today I installed V2.008 and nothing changed. I'm really stucked with this problem. No message, no hint!!

Does somebody know how the time advance is controlled in Reaper? Or some other hint?

Wazoo
Old 10-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #13
stratman

Default One More Thought

I'm a newbie so I'm sorry I'm not being more help.

In Vista I'm been having some occasional problems when I enable the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth as a Midi Output device, so I tend to keep it disabled until a really need to use it.

You could try this:
Under Options/Preferences/Audio/Midi Devices, if any Midi Devices are enabled, try right clicking on them and disabling them. Does this make any difference?

Tell me not to respond if my unhelpful suggestions aren't working. But, at least by replying to you, I'm keeping this at the top of the new posts list and someone who knows what they're doing might get involved.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #14
Wazoo

Hi stratman,

Your advice didn't help either. You may be right, that the problem has to do with the devices. Any idea is welcome.

I think this is a case for the developpers, since it happens not only with Vista.

Still hopefully seeking for a solution.
Wazoo
Old 10-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #15
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I am noticing on my line 6 that I have to unplug and replug the usb cable sometimes, or the device cannot be found by reaper or soundforge. But this is under XP.

Is your system sound set to something other than the line6?
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #16
stratman

Default Please help Wazoo first

Many thanks for your response. My sound system is recognising my Line 6 device. Also, as I described in my earlier posts, I can at least kick start things back into action.

For the moment, can we work together to solve Wazoo's problem (who made the original post), who isn't using a line 6 device. We can sort out my problem later, and it's possible that sorting out Wazoo's problem will also solve mine.

The common aspect of my system and Wazoo's system is that we have a Vista operating system and I think we've both got onboard sound (i.e. no separate sound card). The difference is that I have my Podxt and a USB audio interface.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #17
S-N-S

i run vista home premium(32bit)on my fujitsu siemens 1,70ghz 2gb ram and reaper 2,009 works really good,so does all my other audio software (ableton live 6,0,10 and vst(to many to mension)

S-N-S

www.myspace.com/scandinaviannoizesyndicate

FOR NEWS AND INFO
http://digitalvomit.wikidot.com/scan...oize-syndicate
S-N-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #18
stratman

Thanks S-N-S. Good to hear that Vista works for you. Do you have a separate sound card instead of onboard sound? Is your audio interface USB, Firewire or a PCI soundcard? This information might help us to work out the cause of our problem.

I like the sounds you create. It sounds, kind of, industrial to me. I'm blown away by the sounds people are creating since I joined the Reaper forum.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #19
stratman

Default More Information On 'Transport Lock Up In Vista'

Here's some more information on what I'm going to call the 'transport lock up problem in Vista' that some of us are getting. I can't be sure we all have exactly the same problem, but it sounds similar. Also, one person claims to get the same effect in XP. However, I don't get this problem on my laptop, which has an XP operating system.

Note. You can get my Vista system details from earlier posts.

Wazoo's system seems to be locked up all the time. However, this is what happens on my system.

After I record a track I get a window that comes up titled Select files to save or delete?

If I select either of the delete options the transport will immediately lock up. What I mean by this is that, if I click on the Play button [Playing] will be displayed, but the cursor doesn't move. If I click on the Record button then [Recording] will be displayed, but the cursor doesn't move.

I can kick start things into action again by clicking on Options/Preferences/Audio Device then by clicking on OK.

After recording, if I select the 'Save all' option the transport doesn't immediately lock up. However, at some fairly regular random time it will lock up and I'll have to kick start things into action again using the method I described above.

I can use Reaper on my main Vista computer and I'm getting some good recording results, but having to regularly kick start things is a real pain.

Note. I'm using Reaper v2.009. Also, I've purchased two licences so I'm legal on both my computers.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:46 PM   #20
stratman

Default Disable Realtek: Yes or No

To try to get around my occasional 'transport lock up' problem on my Vista computer with a Podxt audio interface, I'm wondering whether to disable my Realtek High Definition Audio in my device manager(see attached picture).

Any opinions on this? Am I wasting my time? Will anything bad happen? Will I be able to Enable it again afterwards? Any better ideas?

But I've also got Realtek High Definition Audio on my XP laptop and Reaper works fine with my Podxt on that computer.

Last edited by stratman; 06-20-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #21
BSE

I'm using XP SP2 on a centrino notebook w/ realtek AC97 and the latest driver and had the same problem: reaper showed "playing", but nothing moved. I tried 2.009 and 2.010.

After recalling the old winXP integrated driver (branded microsoft, from 04/2004) it finally works with ASIO by ASIO4all!

It also works but stutters with waveout now (could have been due to the thousands of experimental changes I made :/ ), but not with DirectSound (who cares *g).
BSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #22
stratman

Thanks I'll give your suggestion a try.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #23
BSE

Now I reinstalled the latest realtek driver (A4.01) and reaper is still working. for now...
strange, but maybe it helps you anyway.
BSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #24
MikeLacey

I've had trouble today, for the first time in ages, with the transport saying "playing" but the play cursor not moving and no sound being played.

This has happened with a large (large for me) project that uses about 900MB of RAM and 71 to 75% CPU. 26 tracks, multiple SIR, ReaComp, 4 band EQ, Superwave instances; project uses both MIDI and audio. Maximum of 4 effects per track. The busiest track uses about 10% consistently the whole track. Wierdly this is a 10 second guitar track - but still uses 10% for the whole track.

The problems occur after I've been moving items around. Sometimes they manifest as non-playing (as above) and other times REAPER makes an unattractive buzzing sound. It's still possible to save and shutdown gracefully. Restarting REAPER will get the project running again.

I used to have the problem a lot when I only had .5GB RAM, first time since upgrading to 1GB.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #25
zed32

i'm having the same problem here on an XP system. here's some specs:

XP Home Edition
REAPER 2.010
AMD Athlon FX-55 processor
2GB RAM
Presonus Firepod interface

here's what happens and what patterns i've noticed:

REAPER will work fine if i open it up by itself without any other programs running. however, if i open say Winamp, or if an audio file plays in my Firefox browser, as soon as i press play on REAPER nothing happens. it says Playing but no cursor movement.

now if i'm playin an audio file in my internet browser and stop it, REAPER stops working. with the audio file in my browser stopped, i can close REAPER, re-open the project, and it will sometimes work again, however at this point if i try to play the file in my browser again, i get no audio. if i close the browser and re-open the file, it will play in the browser, then REAPER stops working again.

one workaround that i've found is that if i open the Firepod control panel and make a change to the latency setting (doesn't matter if i increase or decrease it) and click "Done", REAPER will freeze up completely and i have to hit the End Program thing. then upon restarting REAPER, the audio will work again. so i guess making that change resets something in the interface that allows the audio to work. it's not really a valid workaround, just hoping that maybe this will give somebody a clue as to what might be causing the problem.

now with Winamp open, REAPER refuses to work unless i close winamp, close reaper, and re-open REAPER. and sometimes with REAPER open, if i start up Winamp and hit "play" i get an error message. and sometimes even if i close everything, REAPER will still not work, so i'll have to make a change on the Firepod and click "Done" and then it will start working again. so it seems like REAPER 2.0 is not playing nice with other programs that do audio on my computer.

this is really annoying, because i'm used to having reference material or other versions of a mix or something on hand in another program so i can cross-check with whatever project i'm working on in REAPER. never had this problem until 2.0 came out.

HELP!!!
zed32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:31 AM   #26
stratman

This is interesting. Is it possible that running another audio application at the same time as Reaper can cause a problem?

I think I read somewhere that Justin created Winamp, so he should be in a good position to comment on possible conflicts with Reaper in that area.

I have wondered whether there's something running in the background on my Vista computer that's possibly causing my problem. However, when I check the Task Manager I can't spot an obvious culprit.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #27
Jidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
I also occasionally have some problems when I enable Microsoft GS wavetable synth under the Midi devices.
Thanks for the tip.

I just re-connected a Lexicon Omega after using ASIO4All/built-in sound and got the frozen playback thing. I had recently enabled the synth and turning it back off got it playing again.

FWIW- this was under XPsp2 and it played fine using ASIO4All with the synth enabled.

George
Jidis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #28
stratman

I just want to BUMP on the issue people are reporting in this thread again, at a time when there are a lot of active users and it might be noticed by some of the 'brains' and expert users. I apologise if this is a breach of forum etiquette.

Any constructive views/opinions/ideas/experiences would be welcome, even if it's not possible to offer a definite answer yet.

I've got my own work-around (see earlier posts). Also, after I've executed the procedure once, I can simply hit [Ctrl P] [Return], but it's a bit of a nuisance.

I've already established from another post that, when using ASIO, it's not unusual/unexpected for Reaper to stop playing when another audio application (e.g. Media Player or Itunes) is opened. However, I get the problem described in this thread without any other audio applications opened.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #29
vocalnick

I just wanted to chime in that I've had the "frozen play head" issue for a while too.

Athlon XP 1800+
1GB RAM
System HDD: 20GB ATA
Audio HDD: 120GB SATA
Audio Interface: EMU Cardbus 1616 with PCI adapter
Windows XP SP2 (virgin install - Reaper & Audio drivers only)

I can alleviate the freeze by switching to on board audio, which points to hardware, but other software does not have a problem with the EMU card.

Note the OS - I'm pretty sure this is not just a Vista issue.
vocalnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #30
stratman

Default At Last: A Solution That Works For Me

I’ve found a solution that works for me in Vista.

Right click on the speaker symbol in the task bar.

Select Sounds.

Under the Sounds tab select the No Sounds option from the drop down menu under Sound Scheme. This stops Windows creating sounds for events.

Since doing this I’ve not had the ‘transport lock up’ problem described above.

It’s almost as if Reaper is being too submissive on my system and lets any sound created on my computer grab the audio resources. I then have to kick-start it again using the method described in earlier posts.

Is there any way of making Reaper more dominant on my system so this doesn’t happen? Since using the method I’ve described, my computer is now strangely silent (no clicks navigating web pages anymore).

The solution was actually inspired by Till in his response another of my posts titled “Other Audio Apps Stop Reaper Playing” where he states “in my system reaper seems to always be the dominant application”.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #31
gumboots3

Thanks Stratman for your diligence on this issue. I am having the same problem, and unfortunately, your good suggestion to disable windows sounds did not work for me.

I am working with Vista Home Premium on an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz, 3 Gig RAM - plenty of power (I assumed) to handle a few tracks of audio/midi.

I was originally working with an M-Audio Firewire 410 which I could never get working with Sonar, but worked with Reaper, except that performing basic functions like moving the scroll bar, zooming in/out, copy/paste, etc. would cause the transport to get stuck (but say "playing") or, more often, cause all in/out audio to sound staticy and garbled. I could temporarily fix this by opening the audio>devise options, doing nothing, and clicking OK. This would "kick start" the drivers (as others have experienced) and everything would work again for 30 seconds.

After much troubleshooting, I concluded that the M-audio drivers were simply inferior, or just didn't "agree" with my system. I swapped it for a Presonus Firebox which is now experiencing the "lock-up" symptom, which I can kick-start by opening the Presonus control panel and toggling the sample rate back and forth. No garbled audio as of yet, but I simply can't get anything accomplished having to kick these drivers every 30 seconds.

So, since I have tried 2 soundcards with similar results, this leads me to only a few possible sources for the issue:

1. Vista. I am considering installing a clean version of XP to see what happens, though I am concerned since other XP users are reporting the same problem. Does anyone know if I could restore Vista from the HP partition after overwriting the main operating system with XP? The CPU didn't come with an installation disc, so I assume Vista recovery is on the partition. Also, will this void any HP warranties on the OS/CPU?

2. My firewire ports. I've been reading that TI firewire ports are better for audio, and that other brands don't work well. This would be unfortunate and frustrating, since I just bought this powerful and expensive desktop specifically for audio production. Should I get a PCI interface instead? What about USB? People on this forum seem to do well with USB, though I assumed the slower interface would cause latency issues?

3. Reaper itself. This would be a bummer, since I love the program. The way to rule this out would be to try the Firebox with some other audio software and see if the issue persists. Since I can't get my Sonar Demo to even recognize the Presonus drivers (they show up as not functioning), are there any other trial versions of software I could download that are comparable to Reaper? I will try Audacity tonight and post the results.

Any other suggestions are always welcome, and good luck to all who are fighting with this issue! I just want to get to work already!
gumboots3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #32
BenoA

Guys, I'm jumping in. Another Vista user here.

I just re-installed Vista after trying to figure out why I had lost the "Microsft GS Wavetable synth". I needed it for my Guitar tab softwares and for some weird reason, it wasn't there anymore!

Before the re-install, Reaper was working super fine with the internal Realtek soundcard and Asio4All...

Now, after the re-install... Nothing!!! Reaper won't play when I click on the "play" button... I tried various set-up with Asio4All but nothing!!! With DirectSound and Wave Out, Reaper can play a wave file... But not with Asio4All...
BenoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #33
stratman

BenoA

Have you tried disabling the wavetable synth under the midi devices. Then follow the sequence I describe under post 19 in this thread. This kicks starts things into action for me.

Then after I've done this, I can usually re-enable the wavetable synth in the midi devices, until it locks up again then I have to repeat the sequence.

Most of the time I leave the wavetable synth disabled until I really need it.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #34
S-N-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
Thanks S-N-S. Good to hear that Vista works for you. Do you have a separate sound card instead of onboard sound? Is your audio interface USB, Firewire or a PCI soundcard? This information might help us to work out the cause of our problem.

I like the sounds you create. It sounds, kind of, industrial to me. I'm blown away by the sounds people are creating since I joined the Reaper forum.
hi no im using the onboard soundcard

the only problem i have with vista is that i need a external soundcard that supports vista before i can set-up my hardware

S-N-S

www.myspace.com/scandinaviannoizesyndicate

FOR NEWS AND INFO
http://digitalvomit.wikidot.com/scan...oize-syndicate
S-N-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #35
BenoA

Thanks Stratman! I'll check this out tonite.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #36
BenoA

No luck... I tried what you wrote above. Disabled my "wavetable synth" but no play... no record...

Here are a few print screens of my set-up:

Any help welcomed...

Soundcard is a Realtek on board with latest v1.82 drivers, Vista is genuine Home Premium and Asio4all is v2.8 latest release.

Reaper is latest release and registered to my computer.

On my previous install it was working flawlessly...
Old 11-23-2007, 12:51 AM   #37
stratman

Have you tried the other solution that worked for me (see post #30 above)?

Pete
Old 11-24-2007, 12:05 AM   #38
scambler

i just bought a new computer, thought it would be a good time to change editors. ive heard some good things about reaper. i downloaded v2.011. tried playing the demo song... nothing. it gives me 'error opening your audio hardware'... in waveout. set it to directsound... nothing. freezes as described in other posts. WDM kernel streaming and ASIO are blank... i have no ASIO devices. i tried every option on the waveout and directsound settings but still nothing. i tried shutting off the windows sounds as stratman suggests, nothing.

the machine is a sony vaio, vgn-nr110e, intel t2310, vista home premium, 1 gig of ram, realtek driver 6.0.1.5433. i just bought it today... nothing else has been installed on it. am i missing something obvious?
scambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:52 AM   #39
stratman

Here are a few thoughts, but I can’t make any guarantees that these will work. And don’t blame me if it makes things worse.

Scambler, I get a similar message to you when I have other audio applications open (e.g. Itunes or Windows media player) at the same time as Reaper. Have you checked there’s no other audio application open?

BenoA you say you reinstalled Vista and scambler you say just bought a new computer. Have you run the Windows Update? I keep mine set to automatic updates, so my system is always fully up to date.

When I run the Windows Update manually, the Realtek update appears as an optional, so I always have to tick a box to install it. I actually updated Realtek this morning and it’s now at version 6.0.1.5502 on my PC.

I also updated Reaper to version 2.012 this morning.

Since the updates everything’s still running fine.

I wouldn’t want to cause you additional expense, which might not work, but below are a few fairly low cost options that might help, plus you get some useful amp sims and effects.

Have you considered using a USB audio interface, which is a bit easier than incorporating a new sound card. There are some inexpensive options, such as the Line 6 toneportgx (http://line6.com/toneportgx/). I use a Line 6 Podxt as my USB audio interface, on my Vista Home Premium system, so there’s a reasonable chance that another Line 6 product (such as toneportgx) might work.

Another possible option is the Behringer UCG102 (http://www.behringer.com/UCG102/) but I don’t know whether this will work in Vista. Apparently this ships with Kristal (boo hiss), so you’d obviously want to ditch that and use Reaper.

A bit more expensive, but if you need an audio and midi interface you could try the Edirol UA4-FX.
I've just installed an Edirol UM-2EX USB MIDI Interface after downloading the Vista drivers and it works fine alongside my Podxt audio interface. I noticed that there are also Vista drivers for the Edirol UA4-FX.

The above devices should come with their own drivers, so you shouldn’t need to use ASIO4All.

Pete

Last edited by stratman; 11-26-2007 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Found Vista drivers for Edirol
Old 11-27-2007, 04:03 AM   #40
zed32

well i solved my problem...

turns out that for some reason the ASIO4All driver was enabled, so i switched it back to the Presonus ASIO driver and now everything works fine. duh!
zed32 is offline   Reply With Quote