Old 05-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #1
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Default Cleaning directory bug

I can't reproduce this on command but it's happened several times since I noticed it. 5.40 and OS X 10.11.6. I've noticed several times, doing only editing and gluing, that after cleaning the project directory, quitting Reaper and looking in the project folder there were several files that I had assumed should have been deleted. When I reload the project and clean the directory again it does indeed find files to delete and deletes them, and then the contents of the folder is as expected.

Never had this happen before recently. I don't believe any of the times it happened Reaper was still open or unsaved.

Edit: Just happened again. Can't tell what may be causing it, but just opening project, creating new files via gluing, cleaning, save, quit, and files in project folder include many I expected to be deleted. Reloaded, cleaned and Reaper deleted 50 more files, at which point folder has files I expect.

Last edited by vdubreeze; 05-07-2017 at 08:22 AM.
vdubreeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
vdubreeze

Project cleaned, quit, reloaded, cleaned again with files shown as not used but not deleted. Cleaned again, quit and reload and this time unused files are gone. This is happening about 20% of the time.

Last edited by vdubreeze; 05-05-2017 at 09:35 PM.
vdubreeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
vdubreeze

No one? : ) With current version of Reaper on three different MBPs (2009 to 2015) running latest El Capitan. I consistently get this same incorrect cleaning behavior at least 20% of the time I do this, which is to delete unused files. Either not all unused files are actually located or all are located and not all are deleted.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #4
EpicSounds

from my experience, you have to save the project before cleaning.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #5
vdubreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
from my experience, you have to save the project before cleaning.
Thanks, EpicSounds. I just did some tests, though, saving project, creating several new files, deleting some from the track, then cleaning directory, both without saving and with saving and am not finding this to necessarily be the case. Most of the time cleaning without saving is doing the same complete job as doing it after saving.

The reason I don't want to keep saving this particular time is that I was taking chunks of a large project and making smaller ones of certain tracks and certain time brackets and going back to the full one after each was done, so I wanted to delete then save new version and not change original. There are other ways to do this so it's not too bad, just that I had created a workflow I thought was efficient and found it had a fault. But deleting a file still needed would be much worse : ) so I'll just need to work out a new way to do this. I find cutting and pasting of track areas to create a new smaller project to be not as productive a way.