Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 05-21-2017, 02:37 AM   #1
osflaa
Human being with feelings

Default Don't want to see docker at startup

When I launch Reaper, the docker is open even if it was closed when I closed Reaper. Is it possible to change this? I use screensets and ideally one of them should open at startup, however this is not a must as long as the docker is closed.
osflaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:53 AM   #2
hopi

you can try this

set up reaper as you want it
then go to the project settings, make sure those are as you want them, then while still in that window save it as the default project...
Old 05-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #3
osflaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
you can try this

set up reaper as you want it
then go to the project settings, make sure those are as you want them, then while still in that window save it as the default project...
Thank you for your reply! I tried this but although Reaper opens the project I specified it still opens the dock window. This is of course not a big problem, just a little bit annoying.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
Edgemeal

By default Reaper remembers many of the window/view settings when closed and restores them when you launch Reaper the next time.

FWIW, I have Reaper to start new project on launch. I always close the floating Mixer and bottom docker before exiting Reaper, and they are never shown when I launch Reaper. There may an automated way of selecting which screenset to use at start up or something, Reaper has many options!

Last edited by Edgemeal; 05-21-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:52 AM   #5
osflaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
By default Reaper remembers many of the window/view settings when closed and restores them when you launch Reaper the next time.
Thank you for your reply!

I found a solution on this. I always close Reaper when a specific screenset i active. This screenset only shows me the arrange window and not the docker. However I found in the view-meny that docker was ticket even if all windows that can be shown inside the docker was unticket. When I saved the screenset with docker unticked in the view-meny, Reaper opens with the docker closed. So now everything is fine.

(However I find it strange that Reaper opened the docker with the media explorer inside even if media explorer was unticket in the view-meny when I closed Reaper.)
Old 05-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #6
ivansc

You told reaper to show it by leaving the box ticked. Computers are useless! The do what you tell them to, not what you WANT them to.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
osflaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
You told reaper to show it by leaving the box ticked.
Well, not exactly :-)

I had a screenset active where only the arrange view was visible and not the docker. Then I closed and opened Reaper and the media explorer was opened inside the docker.

I found that when the screenset was active the docker was ticked in the view menu, but nothing that could open in the docker (mixer, media explorer etc). Hence the docker was not visible. But when I closed and opened Reaper, it showed the media explorer inside the docker. It must have been something strange with the screenset because now I am not able to tick the docker in the view menu without ticking what should be showed inside the docker at the same time. The solution was to make a new screenset that looked identical but where the docker was not ticked in the view menu. I don't know if you understand what I mean but this behaviour don't make sense to me (at this point at least).
Old 05-23-2017, 03:56 AM   #8
ivansc

If nothing else you are entertaining me stuck in hospital on a Lovely sunny day. . Hope to go home tomorrow will try to reproduce yr issue
Old 05-23-2017, 04:49 AM   #9
osflaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
If nothing else you are entertaining me stuck in hospital on a Lovely sunny day. . Hope to go home tomorrow will try to reproduce yr issue
Thank you for being helpful and kind. You are really a good contributor to make people feel welcome in newbieland. I don't know why you have such great need to ridicule other people, but if you don't feel done you still have a chance to ridicule my bad english.