Old 10-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
Anton9
Human being with feelings

Default Menu Editor- may I suggest this ?

I know we just barely got the Menu Editor but may I suggest this..,
A menu system such as that of the 3D program "Cinema 4D" by Maxon
It offers immense customization leading to a great increase in workflow.
Here is the breakdown on how it works...

Press and release the 'v' key on your keyboard and you get what is called the "Global_Popup" also refered to as the "Quick Access Menu".

Highligt one of the categories with your cursor and it's menu popsup, each selection here can also have sub-menus assigned.

Creating these categories and menues is done within the "Menu Manager" and "Command Manager".

Double clicking on one of the categories in the "Menu Manager" will open its menu structure.

To add to the menus you open the "Command Manager" which lists every command/action then drag a command over to the appropriate category in the "Menu Manager" when your done adding commands click Apply.

Last edited by Anton9; 07-03-2017 at 05:37 AM.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Anton9

Default Continued

You can continue to add categories and commands until you have something like this...
Hundreds of commands/actions available at the click of a button..wOw !!!

But wait.., the fun does'nt end here. If you click the area I have highlighted green

you get a floating menu that you can position anywhere, and it remains open until you close it. You can have multipule menues opened like this As a side note if you right click anywhere inside this floating menu you will receive even more options including the ability to open the "Command Manager" and drag and drop directly to the menu.

As a side note if you right click anywhere inside this floating menu you will receive even more options including the ability to open the "Command Manager" and drag and drop directly to the menu.

You can download a trial of Cinema 4d at Maxon's web site.., but I should warn you that using such a Menu system like this could lead to serious harm to you and/or your keyboard..., but Anton how is this possible you may ask.., well once you use a program with a system like this and then you switch to another program that does'nt utilize it you may find yourself bangging your head or fists against your keyboard thus leading to injury

To give you a quick start to using this in Cinema 4D..., The "Menu Manager" and "Command Manager" are located in the "Window" menu under the "Layout" sub-menu.., then to access the "Quick Access Menu" use the drop down at the top of the "Menu Manager" it will be listed as "M_Global_Popup"

P.S. Cinema also has an equally powerful icon-toolbar paletts system as well..., now go have fun and be amazed and then lets try and persuade the Cuckos Team into implementing this into Reaper

Last edited by Anton9; 07-03-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:39 AM   #3
shakey.oberon

I was looking for a menu editor yesterday, sonar has one and I found it quite useful, great for streamlining context menus.

The problem with sonar's one was that you could add/remove items from a menu which were originally there, but not copy items from other menus in the program. I would like reaper to go one further and implement this. Then you could create personalised menus with all your favourite options in them
shakey.oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:45 AM   #4
EvilDragon

Well, you can't copy yet, but you can add ANY ACTION from action list to the menus. This means that you can, for example, delete "Open Project" from "File" menu, and then create "Open Project" in some other menu.

This is essentially a workaround.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
shakey.oberon

How do you do this?
shakey.oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
EvilDragon

Click on "ADD" and select "ACTION"?
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote