Old 09-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
MikComposer
Human being with feelings

Default Several problems; bugs?

Hi,

Gluing doesn't create a loop out of glued track anymore. Can't remember if it doesn't loop wavs ( as I haven't work with those for a while ) but definitely doesn't glue midi track. Does anyone encountered this recent issue?

CC Pitch on midi items doesn't always sets itself to the pitch set in that cc lane, when item starts from the beginning when playing an midi item within time selection with time selection loop on, or when it follows another midi item that had set pitch bending. Sorry of it sound convoluted. It's somewhat difficult to explain.

First note in midi item will almost always be triggered differently the the following ones. Especially noticeable when dealing with drums.

This one is hard to pinpoint - sometimes, at random, sound created form vst's is starting sounding differently then id did earlier, as there would be some cc lane created for it, even thou there was none made. So in other words it seams that reaper algorithms sometimes triggers cc lanes.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikComposer View Post
Gluing doesn't create a loop out of glued track anymore. Can't remember if it doesn't loop wavs ( as I haven't work with those for a while ) but definitely doesn't glue midi track. Does anyone encountered this recent issue?
Is Loop Source for the item enabled after you glue it? If not, enable it.

Quote:
CC Pitch on midi items doesn't always sets itself to the pitch set in that cc lane, when item starts from the beginning when playing an midi item within time selection with time selection loop on, or when it follows another midi item that had set pitch bending. Sorry of it sound convoluted. It's somewhat difficult to explain.
Probably related to http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=125481

Quote:
First note in midi item will almost always be triggered differently the the following ones. Especially noticeable when dealing with drums.
Never had it happen.

Quote:
This one is hard to pinpoint - sometimes, at random, sound created form vst's is starting sounding differently then id did earlier, as there would be some cc lane created for it, even thou there was none made. So in other words it seams that reaper algorithms sometimes triggers cc lanes.
Nope, doesn't happen here, ever.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
MikComposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Is Loop Source for the item enabled after you glue it? If not, enable it.
Probably related to http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=125481
Never had it happen.
Nope, doesn't happen here, ever.
Thanks for replay. Seams like the drums are fine when rendered. It's weird issue.

I looked at the thread, and yes, it must be it. I do have always a pitch cc lane on start of midi item that would reset it, but it isn/t always triggered, even if i have many of them in a row.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #4
MikComposer

@EvilDragon How do I re-enable loop source globally? Why did it even change? And why since last few updates my output volume when down, do you know?

Last edited by MikComposer; 09-29-2014 at 05:21 PM.
MikComposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:52 AM   #5
xpander

Preferences\Project\Media Item Defaults. Preferences search box (Find); "loop source".
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote