Old 04-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #1
morelia
Human being with feelings

Default Waves v9 problems loading

Reaper 4.21 and 4.20.

When I try to open a project created with v8 Waves plugins (Vocal Rider, CLA Guitars) the registration fails. If I immediately close and try to reload the project (several exhibiting the same behaviour) then loads the plugins on most occasions. The plugins load fine in Wavelab which is the only host I have that is supported by Waves.

I've rescanned all Waves plugins. This also happened once when I tried to drag a new instance of Vocal Rider v9 to an adjacent track. Dragged once, worked fine, dragged twice, worked fine, dragged a third time and got the registration failed error.
morelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelia View Post
Reaper 4.21 and 4.20.

When I try to open a project created with v8 Waves plugins (Vocal Rider, CLA Guitars) the registration fails. If I immediately close and try to reload the project (several exhibiting the same behaviour) then loads the plugins on most occasions. The plugins load fine in Wavelab which is the only host I have that is supported by Waves.

I've rescanned all Waves plugins. This also happened once when I tried to drag a new instance of Vocal Rider v9 to an adjacent track. Dragged once, worked fine, dragged twice, worked fine, dragged a third time and got the registration failed error.
And once again, copy-protection enhances the user experience...

>
Old 04-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #3
morelia

I'm not sure what was worse, this or iLok.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Nip

Quote:
Reaper 4.21 and 4.20.

Have you tried running Reaper as administrator and see if it works better?
Nip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
morelia

Will give that a try and report back. Never had to do it with iLok though.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #6
morelia

Nope, running as Admin made no difference.

I should add that I have another project that crashes Reaper at the loading of Waves CLA Guitars.

Getting a bit desperate for a solution here. I contacted support but was told my only hope was to look for some troubleshooting tips on this forum. Am I the only one having problems with Waves v9?

Last edited by morelia; 04-09-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #7
Nip

Quote:
Nope, running as Admin made no difference.

I should add that I have another project that crashes Reaper at the loading of Waves CLA Guitars.

Getting a bit desperate for a solution here. I contacted support but was told my only hope was to look for some troubleshooting tips on this forum. Am I the only one having problems with Waves v9?
I have no showstoppers with Waves v9 and Reaper, but reported some bugs to Waves.

They just defend themselves with "Reaper is not a supported host".

So I dare not buy more Waves stuff until there is a Reaper column among the supported daws.

But I read at KVR Audio forums that there were upgrade problems with some having v8 and upgrading. v8 were not found anymore or something like that.

There may be a screwup with running both v8 and v9, I don't know.
Nip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:13 AM   #8
morelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nip View Post
I have no showstoppers with Waves v9 and Reaper, but reported some bugs to Waves.
They just defend themselves with "Reaper is not a supported host".
So I dare not buy more Waves stuff until there is a Reaper column among the supported daws.
But I read at KVR Audio forums that there were upgrade problems with some having v8 and upgrading. v8 were not found anymore or something like that.
There may be a screwup with running both v8 and v9, I don't know.
That's a big problem that Waves don't support Reaper. All I know is v8 worked and v9 is either problematic or won't let a project load at all. For the record I'm using all v9 Waves plugins. Seems I'm in the lucky position of having a problem that neither Waves or Cockos can help with. Funny thing is the reason I finally made the break from Tracktion to Reaper was because Tracktion had Waves plugins problems. Now I'm here again.