Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Quietly
Human being with feelings

Default Stylus RMX .dll?

Hi everyone! I am a new Reaper user.

I have Stylus RMX, and I am trying to get it to open in Reaper so I can authorize it. I can't seem to get it to do it! I was told by Spectrasonics support to get the Stylus updates and install them. Check. Was told to make sure it was all installed in "Program Files" (not x86). Check. Now here is the confusing part (at least for me): Where should I put the .dll? When I install Stylus it creates its' own "Plug-ins" folder (with its' own .dll), even when I direct the computer to install it in the Reaper "Plug-ins" folder in the "VST" section. (That is where I'm supposed to install it right?)

Reaper says that it can't find it, even when the .dll is right there where the other VSTs' it comes with are. I don't know what to do, Spectrasonics keeps sending me form letters. I figured I'd ask you nice folks because it looks like you have some Stylus users on here. I know it's probably something really silly I just need to switch, and then it'll just go BING! (It always does).

Anyway, I appreciate any input you can give me.

Oh yes, my computer is Windows 7 64 bit, Reaper is set to 64 bit, and Stylus is 64 bit......thanks!!!
Quietly is offline   Reply With Quote