Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
pressplayontape
Human being with feelings

Default I can't open ASIO Configuration (Focusrite Saffire LE)

Hi,

I got a problem. I can't open ASIO Configuration. Pressing the button does nothing at all. I have no idea why this doesn't work but it has worked previously until I just recently switched audio production platform from Windows XP x86/Reaper x86 to Windows 7 x64/Reaper x64.

I read in an existing thread that another guy got it working by using ASIO4ALL but I would prefer using Focusrite's own drivers if it is possible.

The sound works, I just can't get access to the control panel to change buffer settings etc.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm running latest Reaper 3.14159 64-bit on Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit. I installed the system yesterday so it's clean and I am pretty sure I have installed all the proper drivers.
pressplayontape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Diogenes

Dunno... have you tried this...

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/...le.php?id=1030

??

D
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
pressplayontape

I will try it but I don't have high hopes that it will make a difference, as I run two Windows 7 systems on the same computer. (One for music, the other for the rest.)

In my non-music OS I haven't changed the Firewire drivers and I can access the ASIO Control Panel. I remember also doing that change in firewire drivers a long time ago when Windows 7 was at beta stage, but at some Windows 7 build it stopped being necessary for the Saffire LE.

It seems likely to me that the problem is related to Reaper x64 or x64 programs in general.

I appreciate your reply and giving me some ideas to experiment with.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
Diogenes

Quote:
It seems likely to me that the problem is related to Reaper x64 or x64 programs in general.
That may indeed be the culprit. Have you tried Reaper x86 on your Win 7 x64 install? I run both versions. Reaper x86 only if I have a wonky plug or something that doesn't like x64 systems... Cockos have just about taken care of those issues here though.

D
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:15 AM   #5
pressplayontape

I tried changing the firewire drivers to legacy last night but it didn't make a difference.

I haven't tried the x86 version yet but I'll give it a go.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #6
pressplayontape

I just tried the x86 version of Reaper and in it the ASIO Configuration button works perfectly. The problem is, I can't really use the x86 version because the reason I decided to switch to x64 was because I was running out of RAM for my orchestration projects.

I just noticed another thing though. In Reaper x64 the driver for my Saffire LE shows up as "BridgeCo ASIO", and in x86 the driver shows up as "Saffire LE ASIO".