Old 03-10-2015, 06:08 AM   #41
Pasajeromoronmoreno
Human being with feelings

hi @planetnine! Discover your marker tools yesterday in search of a way to move multiple markers at the same time. Really awesome job, itīs an incredible tool. One thing to ask... I need to move like 370 markers, and i canīt figure out how to scroll down through the markers in your tool. i canīt even see the copy/move options, there are way, way down the 350 markers, and only can see the first 50. Thanks!!

Last edited by Pasajeromoronmoreno; 03-10-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Pasajeromoronmoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:30 AM   #42
planetnine

I was going to make it pageable as there aren't any native scrolling options I can find in EEL, but I thought it might be better if i bit the bullet and looked into writing it in "proper code".

There is a bug in the time-based marker functionality which I need a better development environment to pull it apart and fix, and I figured I'd do all this at the same time. If I get time I'll paginate the display in the EEL version in the next week or so if that helps, but I've got a lot of family stuff going on and it might not be in the next week. It's not a big tweak, but I can't promise, sorry.

-incidentally, you can select and deselect all present markers using L&R-clk on the "select" header -look at the green tooltips on a gash, 10-marker project to see what the GUI options are, but sorry, you can't view marker lists longer than your screen height at the moment (a bit myopic, but I didn't envisage that kind of use whaen I did that for Tod ).

Thanks for the feedback though, and I'm glad you like it and it's useful to you. Gimme some time...

>
Old 03-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #43
Pasajeromoronmoreno

Thanks to you @planetnine! For the reply and for your offer of implement the scrolling in the script. Sure i gonna use it if you put it there.
In any case, there is no rush, i manage to accomplish the multiple marker moving with the also fabulous script of heda, "Show/Hide Markers using Track's items with notes".
This http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=155582
So, thank you again, and yeah, the scrolling itīs a nice function for your marker tool to have. With the scrolling i would prefer your tool over the marker script of heda for certain tasks involving loads of markers. But as i said, no rush, go to make all the family stuff required from you first.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:57 AM   #44
musicbynumbers

Subscribed to this thread as I your scripts are super useful Planetnine and look forward to updates etc when you get time for them.

Keep up the great work!
Old 10-03-2015, 07:47 AM   #45
planetnine

Heyup, mbn, thank you for the support.

Only just got back into scripting in the last couple of weeks, so this lot might get updated and rewritten in Lua. I've got test scripts reading and writing BWF metadata in Lua, and you know what this test script is about...

This is part of an update to the engine of the Item Marker Tool and the Source Time Position Tool -functions to work out the item's source playrate (rc) and source time (sc) at any given point in the timeline, here at the play cursor. New developments require this update...

It has been too long since I updated and bugfixed some of this stuff, things have got in the way and I apologise to anyonewho uses these who has been waiting (sorry Pasajeromoronmoreno). I was talking about this only today in the newbies forum, it's only in the last couple of weeks really that I've been able to apply myself to scripting again. All being well I might be able to upload some updates or new stuff over the coming weeks.

PS: I still use that X-Keys, marvellous tool!

>
Old 10-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #46
musicbynumbers

Awesome stuff!

I can wait so no rush but this looks great!

Glad the Xkeys is still alive and being useful.

As you know I went mostly touch screen but miss some of that "tactileness" of things like the xkey. Love my shuttle pro 2 though. Could not live without it.

Here's some semi recent pics of how the studio looks now. Except for it now has an ultrawide for the main monitor and a small vertical screen to display various scopes and EBU meters etc next to it plus a stand up desk area too now which has been a literal life saver. More (better quality) pics to come at some point with the new bits plus the vocal booth, "grot box" area and live/foley room. Perhaps 35 usb devices is too many? lol

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ul...VEanlITVE/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ul...8zLVdFVzA/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ul...VlZExwNlU/edit

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 10-22-2015 at 01:19 AM.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #47
musicbynumbers

Hi Nathan,

Another poster asked if there was an indicator in reaper to tell you how far (in samples or just the current ruler setting) that you had moved an item by (as you were moving it.

I was surprised that there doesn't seem to be.

Your fantastic "Source Time Position Tool" looks like a good place to be able to add this perhaps if it's doable that is?

It just needs to note when you click on the item and then give a number for how far right (or left) you dragged it.

Sound doable?
Old 12-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #48
planetnine

Sorry, mbn, I didn't clock this.

Yes it's doable. This tool is being rewritten in Lua anyway, to optimise it's CPU use and tighten up generally, so I can add a menu to it for fancy extras like that. You just need to be able to click a parameter to "anchor" it (maybe change colour for this as it resets to zero), and then any moves show as a Δitem position (delta) until its clicked to return to absolute position.

There are all sort of ideas like this for specific workflows, it's pretty crammed as it is, but we can still add good ideas

>
Old 12-11-2015, 10:04 AM   #49
musicbynumbers

Cool no rush etc.

Was thinking to also just post that gif to the pre area because it's probably not that hard to add and it seems weird that reaper doesn't have it now I think about it

I'm sure it use too.. Lol

Anyway. I don't want to post it yet.. Devs have more important things to work on if you know what I mean
Old 12-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #50
Pasajeromoronmoreno

Quote:
It has been too long since I updated and bugfixed some of this stuff, things have got in the way and I apologise to anyonewho uses these who has been waiting (sorry Pasajeromoronmoreno).
Hahaha, not excuses needed, all of us have a life besides reaper.
Wonderful you are working again in this, it's an incredible useful tool.
If it's not too time consuming for you, consider to put the scrolling for when a lot of markers this time.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #51
planetnine

Yes of course. Things like that are much easier with Lua

>
Old 12-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #52
Pasajeromoronmoreno

You are a very nice dude man. And your glasses are beyond cool. I'm curious... You actually wear that? or only for the photo?
Old 12-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #53
planetnine

I'm a live sound engineer.

I used to take on some small-scale festivals and run the sound and light with little help or backup due to their low-end budget. I used to wear those to keep me from taking myself too seriously, once sleep was a distant memory and patience wore transparent thin. It became a bit of a tradition after a while -I've still got them somewhere

>
Old 12-12-2015, 07:38 PM   #54
X-Raym

@planetnine
Oh, so this is why you have this glasses

I thought you were fan on the french singer Michel Polaneref

X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:33 AM   #55
planetnine

I think most people associate these with Kurt Cobain...

>
Old 12-13-2015, 04:24 AM   #56
X-Raym

@planetnine
"Curt Kobain Glasses" on Google Image proove me that your glasses are more Cobain style than Polnaref.
I was fooled by the low-rez ^^
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:52 AM   #57
planetnine

That's the corner of my 12foot army tent FOH behind me at a hippy festival in Lincolnshire about ten years ago. I'm probably knackered and in the same clothes I put on three days previous. Can't do those sorts of favours anymore.

Can't do those sorts of hours anymore!

>
Old 12-13-2015, 08:43 AM   #58
Pasajeromoronmoreno

Hahaha, the not so good old times! Nice back story for the glasses. All makes sense now. .
Old 05-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #59
planetnine

Still not rewritten in Lua (native item markers would be SO much better), but I did a mod to beta17 of the Item Marker Tool...

Three takes in one item, item markers are locked to various of these three. Locked markers for non-active takes in an item are greyed-out.

This mod just greys-out any item marker attached to any non-active takes, both in the marker-lane and in the script's table. It just allows you to see which markers are associated with the active take and which to other takes.

Link to beta17a01 in the Stash.

It still needs rewriting when I have time, apologies

>
Old 05-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #60
musicbynumbers

Awesome! Will try it out soon!
Old 05-09-2020, 01:35 PM   #61
planetnine

Item Marker Tool

Just a marker post to say with the addition of native Take Markers in v6.09, I'm going to retire this script.

I only did it initially for my own workflow/see if I could do it/demo the idea for a native Item Marker FR. It's done its job and taught me a lot, but the native functionality is much better and what I wanted anyway.

I'm refamiliarising myself with Lua and intend to update some of my old EEL scripts to Lua this winter, like the Source Time Position Tool and the BEXT/iXML Metadata Reader/Labeller.

Thanks for joining me on the ride...

>