Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 05-25-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default A curious thing is happening with the progress bar in my copy. of Reaper???

Ok, when I first installed the software there is the horizontal progress bar that moves across the screen from left to right as you are either recording or playing a song.

I am hoping that I somehow changed a setting somewhere without realizing it and can correct it, but now, the horizonal line that has that upsidown triangle that moves with it does not move automatically. instead I get another line all together that does not have that upsidedown triangle at all!!

Now, I am still able to grab the triangle of the one that has it and move it manually, but it no longer moves during playback or record.

I even went to the extreme of re-installing the software!

HELP!
sjs94704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
solger

Quote:
The horizonal line that has that upsidown triangle that moves with it does not move automatically. instead I get another line all together that does not have that upsidedown triangle at all!!
Now, I am still able to grab the triangle of the one that has it and move it manually, but it no longer moves during playback or record.
The edit cursor (with the triangle) and the play cursor are two different things. And by default only the play cursor moves during playback.

Or are you talking about the autoscroll option found under Preferences -> Audio -> Recording -> Scroll track view while recording ... ?

Last edited by solger; 05-25-2017 at 04:27 PM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:26 PM   #3
sjs94704

Default Original behaior of progress bar

When I first installed the program, the progress bar WITH the triangle as the ONLY progress bar I ever saw.

Now, there is a second line WITHOUT the triangle.

After typing this original post, something new happened. Before I posted the message, I could grab the line with the triangle and asily move it manually where I want it it no longer does that. If I gran it and move my mouse to the right, the line with the triangle want to 'Play' the song and does not freely move anymore!

I also get this message:

There were 1 items in the project that were saved by extensions. If you save this project without those extensions installed, you may lose those extensions' data.

Project tokens not recognized:

SWSAUTOCOLOR

How do I fix this?
sjs94704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs94704 View Post
When I first installed the program, the progress bar WITH the triangle as the ONLY progress bar I ever saw.
Can you remember which Reaper version this was, exactly?

Quote:
I also get this message:

There were 1 items in the project that were saved by extensions. If you save this project without those extensions installed, you may lose those extensions' data.

Project tokens not recognized:

SWSAUTOCOLOR

How do I fix this?
Do you have the SWS extensions installed? http://www.sws-extension.org/

In case it's already installed, you should have an [Extensions] menu in the top menu bar.

Quote:
After typing this original post, something new happened. Before I posted the message, I could grab the line with the triangle and asily move it manually where I want it it no longer does that. If I gran it and move my mouse to the right, the line with the triangle want to 'Play' the song and does not freely move anymore!
Can you make a screen capture with LICEcap of this problem?: http://www.cockos.com/licecap/
solger is offline   Reply With Quote