Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 06-08-2014, 04:34 AM   #81
mim
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishbash View Post
Following up to my Meterbridge on US2400 idea.
What is the SIMPLEST way to get the track names / actual meter readings (not fader levels) OUT to an external system / device?
Are they / can they be mapped to MIDI CCs? If so, how do I find out which ones so I can trap them?
I have some programing skills but hacking/recompiling csurf etc is beyond me. Intermediate level JavaScript / Python etc is probably OK
Need to get this sorted before I can decide whether to do the custom hardware thing or a stack of tablets.
Cheers
OSC is probably the simplest way to go. You can have meters and track names. And it can be setuped as a 24 tracks bank synced to the mixer in REAPER (as this csurf driver).
mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:36 AM   #82
---david

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishbash View Post
Following up to my Meterbridge on US2400 idea.
What is the SIMPLEST way to get the track names / actual meter readings (not fader levels) OUT to an external system / device?
Are they / can they be mapped to MIDI CCs? If so, how do I find out which ones so I can trap them?
I have some programing skills but hacking/recompiling csurf etc is beyond me. Intermediate level JavaScript / Python etc is probably OK
Need to get this sorted before I can decide whether to do the custom hardware thing or a stack of tablets.
Cheers
Hey bishbash,

as far as I know, ReaScript (Python) can only help you with triggered actions (like, select tracks, then do something with them).

To do something realtime (e.g. getting tracknames, levels in a permanent loop) you'll have to use the Reaper API in C++, where you can hook into this kind of stuff.

I might be wrong, though -- Teddy and mim (see beginning of this thread) both are (were?) building Reaper front ends for tablets and/or US2400 using OSC (as far as I understand it, a newer and better variant of MIDI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Sound_Control) and node.js (which I believe is doing server side stuff in JavaScript: http://nodejs.org/).

C++ can seem daunting, but now that I've done ReaScript / Python, some other stuff in JS and pure C++-Reaper API, I think the differences really are not so big as people think (except strings. Strings really, really suck in C++)

The biggest hurdle to me was to get the environment right and the project to compile -- maybe because of the low level of the language and therefore the closeness to the OS, dependencies are a nightmare in C++. You should prepare for a couple of days filled with frustration and a lot of googling, but after that it's just code like anything else.

There is a custom action inside Reaper that prints the list of functions the current API is capable of (search Action List for 'developer') -- seeing that list got me hooked. I'm pretty sure the functions you need are in there.

You could also always hire a programmer for it -- being proficient in C++, this should be an easy job.

Good luck, and keep us posted -- maybe one day I can buy a meterbridge kit from you!
David
---david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #83
Teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---david View Post
I might be wrong, though -- Teddy and mim (see beginning of this thread) both are (were?) building Reaper front ends for tablets and/or US2400 using OSC (as far as I understand it, a newer and better variant of MIDI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Sound_Control) and node.js (which I believe is doing server side stuff in JavaScript: http://nodejs.org/).
You are right, david. I'm using node.js (with node-midi, node-osc, socket.io and watch.js) as a server for three local webpages that I have on iPads behind the us2400. This should be all you need for meters and tracknames, although I should mention that I haven't tried meters on iPads yet. I think mim has a more functional setup at this moment, so maybe he can chime in on how everything is working for him. A hardware meterbridge would be sweet! Good luck!
Teddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #84
aer

Quote:
Hey Matt, at least the more important half of it is easily done, you (or maybe your brother) just have to change a couple of lines to get this going:

The magic happens in lines 726 to about 743 of reaper-csurf-us2400.cpp. 727 - 732 are what the extension should do if it gets an encoder message, simply change 'OnEncoderChange()' to 'kbd_OnMidiEvent()' as I have already done in the joystick section (741 - 744) -- 'm_midi_in_dev + x' decides which of the US2400 MIDI ports it should use (+1 -> Port 2, +2 -> Port 3 etc).

Before compiling your customized version, you'll only have to set the options in lines 13 and 14, depending if you want to use Metermode or the 'M'-Button.

That should get it to work in one direction at least - the other direction (sending parameter changes to the led rings) is much more complicated, I'm afraid.

Sorry I'm not doing it myself, but I'm really short on time lately (took me a month to check on the thread ...)
Thanks for the reply David, glad you raised the issue of bi-directional control. That is a bit of game changer I hadn't thought about.

I have built a tester patch in Lemur on the iPad working with the US2400 directly ported into it using MIDI PORT 1 (not communicating directly with Reaper). It accepts the control signals from the US2400 and converts them to OSC, and then sends them back out to LEDs. However I can't see how to get this to work only when the CHAN button is pressed using your csurf script and MIDI PORT 2 talking to Lemur.

I will keep thinking and see if I can hack together bi-directional control via the csurf script. Does anyone know if you can get the script to listen directly to OSC messages? That way I could send messages specifically for the encoder LEDs or fader positions into the script.

@bishbash

Reaper outputs extremely accurate floating point OSC messages which can be used for meters. This is far easier to work with than attempting to convert that data into midi and then retranslate at the meter.

I can't say for TouchOSC as I haven't tried, but setting up accurate meters in Lemur on an iPad is very possible. You would just set up Lemur as an extra OSC control surface. I could build you a lemur patch which would work with the default Reaper OSC messages for meters and track names. It would be easier (and a lot lot lot lot cheaper) to only use 1 ipad for all your metering. But you could technically have one over each fader module. It might not look as elegant but you could fit 24 meters in 3 rows on the ipad screen. These would then be set up to follow the mixer bank defined by the US2400 (as @mim stated)

The option to build a bank of hardware meters would be using small lcd screens and arduinos. I am pretty sure these could again be told to listen to the same OSC messages. I couldn't offer any help on this as I don't have any experience using an arduino myself. There is a good online community for them and a quick search shows a few people attempting to make led meters or LCD screen based meters, also OSC implementation.

Just to throw an alternative solution out there, I have one of these monitors http://www.amazon.co.uk/LENOVO-T52DE.../dp/B005L2NA54
sat on top of the controller displaying my mixer window in Reaper.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #85
mim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
I think mim has a more functional setup at this moment, so maybe he can chime in on how everything is working for him.
I'll show the setup later this month, however I don't use the meter possibility of OSC since I don't use meters in my setup ...

If you don't want to go the node.js route, you can try PureData or Usine to communicate with REAPER thru OSC.

Another simple(r) solution is to hide or show tracks in the mixer up to 24 tracks, this way the mixer (and its meters) would be in sync with the US 2400.
You might need a new layout for the mcp to have 24 displayed at once in the mixer horizontally in one row.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:41 AM   #86
aer

@---David

Just actually got round to checking if I could pick up the joystick in an external program. It can't. Tried Midi OX, Lemur and Ableton. All nothing

In fact inside Reaper you don't need to enable midi input from MIDI INPUT 2 for the tascam to even assign the joystick to anything. I think everything is happening within the csurf script.

Any thoughts? Does it behave differently for you?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #87
Teddy

@bishbash:
Hey, I just remembered another way to do it. Justins www plugin. You can find it here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=78268.

@david:
Sorry for drifting off topic.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:52 AM   #88
---david

Quote:
Originally Posted by aer View Post
@---David

Just actually got round to checking if I could pick up the joystick in an external program. It can't. Tried Midi OX, Lemur and Ableton. All nothing

In fact inside Reaper you don't need to enable midi input from MIDI INPUT 2 for the tascam to even assign the joystick to anything. I think everything is happening within the csurf script.

Any thoughts? Does it behave differently for you?
Matt, apologies - I didn't think of that!

Yes, the re-routing happens in the C-Surf extension which of course is a part of Reaper at runtime - so outside of Reaper, the US 2400 continues to send joystick data on port 1, of course.

Unfortunately, you can't change this behavior without breaking the C-Surf extension: While there are other modes in which the US-2400 sends on multiple ports, for the extension to work it has to be in Native Mode and sends/receives only on port 1.

Reaper then just re-routes the incoming data on port 1 to port 2 internally - maybe there's a way to get Reaper to send the MIDI on from its port 2 to other programs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Sorry for drifting off topic.
Don't worry about it, Teddy - I'm curious to see how your projects develop!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:06 AM   #89
Teddy

Quote:
Don't worry about it, Teddy - I'm curious to see how your projects develop!
Thanks! Will be sure to let you know when I have something to show.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #90
bishbash

Thanks everyone.
Much to think about here.
Teddy - had a look at Justin's www plugin. nice and simple but I think too slow for good realtime meters (unless you know otherwise )
aer - Nice to know that OSC output is accurate - so:
mim - puredata may be the solution - even has arduino and Raspberry Pi interfaces. Looks like there will be an android version developing, so then we could use VERY cheap (30 GB pounds) tablets as displays.
Physically I'd like it to be the full width of the US2400 channels and a few inches (10cm) high. Then it wouldn't take up too much space and I could still see my main monitors. Rules out full size monitors for me.

Still don't get how to access the specific OSC messages tho' - I may be being very dumb. Is there a list somewhere?
Many thanks again people for bearing with me.
bishbash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #91
mdmiller

Apologies are in order. I just haven't had the time to help with this project. I got a new job in April and that has taken most of my time. I've looked at the code and experimented a little but that is all.

After upgrading Reaper some months ago, I don't recall the version, I had to stop using this wonderful extension. The US-2400 receives messages but randomly stops sending them. I don't know if it has anything to do with the problems I experienced at first or not, but it was working perfectly before the upgrade.

Has anyone else had trouble? If not, it must be something on my end. And no, I'm not using any code that I fiddled with.
mdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #92
---david

Hey Mark,

great to have you back and absolutely no need to apologize – the last four months I haven't had time to even use the damn thing!

So it might be that some Reaper upgrade broke the extension, and I wouldn't have noticed (I'm up to my neck in design work currently – which is fine by me, as those jobs tend to be the better paying ones ... ).

Can you narrow down the Reaper version with which this might have happened? Maybe I'll have some time to check over the weekend ...
Old 10-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #93
mim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmiller View Post
Apologies are in order. I just haven't had the time to help with this project. I got a new job in April and that has taken most of my time. I've looked at the code and experimented a little but that is all.

After upgrading Reaper some months ago, I don't recall the version, I had to stop using this wonderful extension. The US-2400 receives messages but randomly stops sending them. I don't know if it has anything to do with the problems I experienced at first or not, but it was working perfectly before the upgrade.

Has anyone else had trouble? If not, it must be something on my end. And no, I'm not using any code that I fiddled with.
Maybe I can confirm that ... I've had some issues too (but workaround sometimes with "reset all midi device"). I didn't make the connection with a new reaper version, but it's possible.

Maybe we should try a version before April to see what happens ?
Old 10-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #94
mdmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mim View Post
Maybe I can confirm that ... I've had some issues too (but workaround sometimes with "reset all midi device"). I didn't make the connection with a new reaper version, but it's possible.

Maybe we should try a version before April to see what happens ?
Yes - it sometimes works to reset all midi devices, but only once in a while. Wish I could remember which version this started happening with.

Quote:
Hey Mark,

great to have you back and absolutely no need to apologize – the last four months I haven't had time to even use the damn thing!

So it might be that some Reaper upgrade broke the extension, and I wouldn't have noticed (I'm up to my neck in design work currently – which is fine by me, as those jobs tend to be the better paying ones ... ).

Can you narrow down the Reaper version with which this might have happened? Maybe I'll have some time to check over the weekend ...
Thanks. Like mim said, I'd look back to April or so. Sorry I can't pinpoint the version. I have a feeling something in CSurf changed. I'll take a look through the change logs and report back.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #95
mdmiller

I looked here http://www.reaper.fm/download-old.php to jog my memory. It could have been version 4.61 or 4.611. I'm still not sure though. I'll take some time tomorrow and the next few days to revert to older versions and narrow it down. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:50 AM   #96
---david

Thanks Mark, that’s great!

I'll have a look at it over the weekend.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:49 AM   #97
mdmiller

One of the things that makes Reaper great is the fast install. I went all the way back to 4.59 one version at a time. I experienced the same problems...so, I'd say the issues don't have anything to do with Reaper's updates.

Other than some new plugins, I can't think of anything else that I've added to my system. Maybe I changed a setting in Reaper that the extension doesn't like.

Since I had trouble at first with Python and EarSketch messing things up, I'll look at that next. I'll also try disconnecting my MIDI devices.

Will post back soon.

EDIT: I tried disconnecting all my MIDI stuff, no luck. Python scripts are running fine. Nothing has changed there. I'm running v. 3.3 if that makes any difference. Arrg, the power just went out. We're having storms here. Gotta go. Thank God for backup power supplies.

Last edited by mdmiller; 10-15-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: update
Old 10-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #98
mim

Quote:
One of the things that makes Reaper great is the fast install. I went all the way back to 4.59 one version at a time. I experienced the same problems...so, I'd say the issues don't have anything to do with Reaper's updates.

Other than some new plugins, I can't think of anything else that I've added to my system. Maybe I changed a setting in Reaper that the extension doesn't like.

Since I had trouble at first with Python and EarSketch messing things up, I'll look at that next. I'll also try disconnecting my MIDI devices.

Will post back soon.

EDIT: I tried disconnecting all my MIDI stuff, no luck. Python scripts are running fine. Nothing has changed there. I'm running v. 3.3 if that makes any difference. Arrg, the power just went out. We're having storms here. Gotta go. Thank God for backup power supplies.
Thanks to checked all this...

I still remember had some mixes without any problem before having drop out from the us2400. Now it happens few times a day. Before you wrote about this "bug", I was thinking about an hardware problem, like the DC power or USB having a contact failure.

I'm using a lot of OSC, some python ...

When you tried the different REAPER version , did you do a regular install or a portable install ?
Old 10-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #99
mdmiller

Quote:
When you tried the different REAPER version , did you do a regular install or a portable install ?
Regular install.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:42 PM   #100
paspallum

Default Tascam US2400 Reaper bank shifting 2015

David
Hi
I can't thank you enough for this US2400 control - I've had one for 6 years - tried SONAR , SAMPLITUDE... nothing really works with it - nor did REAPER - until this
But now it does!
Hey its 2015 today and I see you haven't had any action on this thread for some 2 years or so?

With the standard for audio recording being 24 tracks (or 4, 8. 16, 24, 32, 48.....)

I look for skins that give me exactly 24 onscreen tracks - or 24 plus a master

This way I can have all of my US2400's faders 'reflecting' whats onscreen
I love how your software tweak lets the screen mixer channels move (scroll) - but as of yet I can only get them to move in banks of 8 -
It'd be awesome to hit my < > bank shift on my US2400 and have it visually pop 24 tracks at a time
so that the US2400 and the REAPER GUI pop from tracks 1-24 to tracks 25-48

Also any way for me to tweak the 'select' button to be my record arm button on its own? instead of shift/select
This would be handy as i've never used the select button in my life ever - never found a use for it... but it'd be great to have a lit button/ buttons to indicate which tracks are arrmed

Happy new Year
Paspallum

Last edited by paspallum; 01-01-2015 at 01:29 PM.
paspallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #101
---david

Default Happy New Year, updates, and answers

Happy new year, everybody!

---

@ mdmiller and mim – if you're still listening after 4 months: Sorry guys. Firstly for being away for so long, year's end is always terribly stressful.

Secondly: I can't reproduce the drop-outs / errors. I've been using it quite a bit in the last couple of weeks and everything is fine over here. Also I haven't the faintest idea what could be going wrong on your machines, so there's nothing I can do for now (and as always, time is a factor of course).

---

But: I had a few hours and fixed some little things that I found annoying (and a little embarrassing):
* Remove Aux Send didn't work, because I had forgotten to un-comment a line of code.
* The Region Selector (time-sel to next/prev. region) didn't work with regions, only with markers.

Ahem. Well those are fixed now.

---

@paspallum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paspallum View Post
I look for skins that give me exactly 24 onscreen tracks - or 24 plus a master
Can't really help you there, but there are a lot of skins in the repository: https://stash.reaper.fm/

... now that I think about it, that's probably old news to you, but it's all I know on that topic.

Personally, I have a dual screen setup. When I use the "Large" track layout and drag the mixer window to the right dimensions, it fits ok.

Quote:
It'd be awesome to hit my < > bank shift on my US2400 and have it visually pop 24 tracks at a time
so that the US2400 and the REAPER GUI pop from tracks 1-24 to tracks 25-48
Shift and Bank Switch should do exactly that.

Quote:
Also any way for me to tweak the 'select' button to be my record arm button on its own? instead of shift/select
Sorry, this function has to be more/less hardwired (or better, 'hard-coded'), so there is no easy way to change it.

Quote:
it'd be great to have a lit button/ buttons to indicate which tracks are arrmed
The LED directly below the Pan/Whatever-encoder at the top of your channels should blink when the track is armed.

BTW: I know, the documentation is a little overwhelming (for quite a while I couldn't stop adding features, and even I don't use most of them), but if you hold Function and then press Shift you get an on-screen help window.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:02 AM   #102
mim

Quote:

---

@ mdmiller and mim – if you're still listening after 4 months: Sorry guys. Firstly for being away for so long, year's end is always terribly stressful.

Secondly: I can't reproduce the drop-outs / errors. I've been using it quite a bit in the last couple of weeks and everything is fine over here. Also I haven't the faintest idea what could be going wrong on your machines, so there's nothing I can do for now (and as always, time is a factor of course).

---
Hello David,

Happy new year to you !

I still have drop outs from time to time, but pushing alternatively stop and play on the tascam with a bit of midi device reset always do the trick. So it is not a problem for me anymore now...
And then the tascam could work a very long time with no issue.

It "kinda feels" like there is a "buffer" in the tascam that needs to be emptied to resync the device with REAPER.

Thanks again for this great plugin !
Old 01-16-2015, 01:11 AM   #103
Marcin Szwajcer

Hi guys!

I've done some research about US-2400 stop sending to Reaper. It's not Reaper version issue. I've tried different versions of Reaper, even older than those I've starded with, and it's allways the same.

Here are situations I've checked when the device stopped sending communication:

1) I've tried to turn it on and off, than reload the control surface driver (TASCAM-2400 MKEY-SUPPORT) and that solved the problem for that moment, so I assume it's not a problem with Reaper itselt, as it was not rebooted.

2) I've tried to leave it ON and reload the control surface US-2400 driver. No change, it's still not sending to Reaper.

3) I've tried to leave it ON and reboot Reaper. No change, it's still not sending to Reaper.

4) I've tried to leave it ON and reboot my PC. It's sending to Reaper.

5) I've tried to leat it ON, leave Reaper ON and turn off and on USB Audio Driver in System Manager. It's sending to Reaper again.

6) THE MOST INTERESTING. I've tried to leave everything ON, changed US-2400 mode to MCU, change control surface driver to MCU, and it works just fine, so the communication between Reaper and US-2400 works just fine. When I got back to Native mode and csurf US-2400 control surface driver, It's still not working.

My conclusion is that it looks like csurf problem with communication. When the USB driver is rebooted by manual off/on thru system manager, or by physical power off/on the unit, it reloads the comunication. But it HAS TO BE USB driver reload in Windows to make any change. So my guess is that it's something about how csurf is connecting with US-2400. My experiments prooved that US-2400 is still sending, it's being received by PC and it's getting to reaper with a usual MCU protocol, but csurf can't see it untill system driver is forced to reload.

David, I hope it will help you recognize the source of a problem. I think some of us can even donate your work just to get it solved.
Marcin Szwajcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:25 AM   #104
---david

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcin Szwajcer View Post
Hi guys!

I've done some research about US-2400 stop sending to Reaper. It's not Reaper version issue. I've tried different versions of Reaper, even older than those I've starded with, and it's allways the same.

My conclusion is that it looks like csurf problem with communication

My experiments prooved that US-2400 is still sending, it's being received by PC and it's getting to reaper with a usual MCU protocol, but csurf can't see it untill system driver is forced to reload.

David, I hope it will help you recognize the source of a problem. I think some of us can even donate your work just to get it solved.
Marcin, thank you for the extensive testing! I agree with your conclusion – it would have been my first guess anyway, simply because it’s the weakest link.

Thank you also for suggesting donations, it’s very considerate for you - unfortunately, money won’t solve this problem: the time at my disposal and the limit of my knowledge are the two things that will impede my fixing those issues in the foreseeable future.

All I can do at the moment (for exactly those two reasons) is to say again: anyone who thinks they might be up to it - fork it on GitHub!

Hmm ... maybe you could combine those two thoughts and hire a programmer who then forks the existing code? I would be more than ok with that.

Sorry I can’t be of more help at the moment.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:01 AM   #105
Marcin Szwajcer

OK, I understand. I'm looking for a C++ programmer for that task. I'll let you know about my progress. Of corse I will share a code if he will find a solution.

NEW: I've tried to switch my controller to Mackie Universal MODE and gave it proper settings in Reaper. It worked, and after a minute when I switched back to Native Mode and your constroler driver It works fine. First time when I just switched it for a few second to chenk if it send's any data to Reaper and got back to Native mode and your driver, it was still no working. I guess it has something to do with time.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:29 AM   #106
mdmiller

Quote:

Happy New Year! Just saw your post today.

I've also been swamped and haven't had time to do anything since my last test with different Reaper versions.

@Marcin Thanks for testing. The info is very helpful and confirms the problems I'm having. Are you running 64 bit?

I will make time to look at the issue over the next couple of weeks. No promises on a fix, but I will look at it. I want to get this awesome interface working too.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #107
Marcin Szwajcer

I'm running on 64bit Windows 7 BUT 32bit REAPER.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #108
mdmiller

I downloaded the latest version from Github, reviewed the code for quite some time but didn't find anything. I put the latest x64 version of mkey.dll in the plugins directory and it's been working without disconnecting for four days.

@David - did you do anything differently when compiling the latest version? I'm at a loss otherwise since it's working perfectly now. As you know, it's very difficult if not impossible to find an issue when everything works.

The x64 metermode version still crashes Reaper at startup, so if I have time I'll look at that over the next few weeks as well.

I guess you could say this is good and bad news. Good that it works now, bad that I couldn't find an issue.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:20 AM   #109
---david

Quote:
I downloaded the latest version from Github, reviewed the code for quite some time but didn't find anything. I put the latest x64 version of mkey.dll in the plugins directory and it's been working without disconnecting for four days.

@David - did you do anything differently when compiling the latest version? I'm at a loss otherwise since it's working perfectly now. As you know, it's very difficult if not impossible to find an issue when everything works.

The x64 metermode version still crashes Reaper at startup, so if I have time I'll look at that over the next few weeks as well.

I guess you could say this is good and bad news. Good that it works now, bad that I couldn't find an issue.
That's weird.

I didn't do anything different, and the metermode and mkey versions have been compiled more or less together (meaning: I compile one, change two macros in the code and compile the other -> takes about two minutes).

I'm kinda baffled.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:46 AM   #110
mdmiller

Quote:
That's weird.

I didn't do anything different, and the metermode and mkey versions have been compiled more or less together (meaning: I compile one, change two macros in the code and compile the other -> takes about two minutes).

I'm kinda baffled.
Yeah, it's weird. I saw where the changes in the compiler directives are, and the if statements pertaining to the modes look fine at first glance. I'll be looking at those statements closer when I have time. There's probably something there since those branches are the only difference between the two versions. It's also weird that the problem seems to occur only with 64 bit machines.

When testing, I couldn't remember which version had issues and I put the metermode version in first. Reaper crashed so I exchanged it for the mkey one and all has been well since. That was what, a week ago?

I have the day to myself so I'll be writing and recording to my heart's content. Days off like this are rare so I'm taking advantage. I'll try to look at those if statements sometime next week.

@Marcin - Are you using David's 32 bit dll with 32 bit Reaper?
Old 02-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #111
LeSedna

Hello

I promise I will read the thread deeper when I finish traveling back home but I have a possibility for a 2400 for 450€ And I need to answer quick :

I do NOT plan on controlling the DAW with it but with a Behringer XTouch and a BCR2000, therefore as of now I don't need all functions to work.

I have a 8 Buses template workflow : all tracks go down to 8 folders which go to a 2Bus then mastering chain

The setup will be :
- i have a specific setup with keyboard mouse + a gaming left hans keypad for views and navigation
- Behringer controls DAW for hand on mixing, and mixes my 8 buses
- BCR2000 will be mapped to my goto plugins to the selected track, any extra on screen or Behringer
- the tascam ONLY for the faders and pan an all tracks. A correct bank behaviour is a plus Because i easily get 80/100 tracks although in these cases i would bounce stems to reduce the count
- I have an iPad lying around which could be used with OSC (I have Lemur and TouchOSC) for a very basic and simple 24 track fader display but this is not needed at first, as long as I can touch a fader and have it selected on screen, then it's all fine.

The reason why is until there is an updated Behringer 24 track version or 8 extension module with VUMeter I'd rather have 24 physical faders for such a low price.

My question is :

Considering I am on Mac OS and I always update to the latest Os because I use Reaper and a selected number of plugins only which are usually updated on time :
- Can I do that with the Tascam safely ? I am not after specific features, just basic recognition of he faders pots and banks, as a MCU inside reaper or whatever is stable and simple
- bonus : could it be set up to display ONLY the visible tracks ? If yes my workflow will be killer with it and that would make my day !

TLDR : can I now in 2015 on MacOsX use the Tascam as faders/pots with bank correctly in reaper (in conjunction with a Behringer XTouch later on) ?
LeSedna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #112
mdmiller

Default quick update

It's been over a month now since I reinstalled the mkey version and it's still working. I did find a slight random glitch though. One time when using ocx for remote control, I lost the connection to the US-2400. Other than that, the connection seems stable.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:07 AM   #113
Marcin Szwajcer

Quote:
@Marcin - Are you using David's 32 bit dll with 32 bit Reaper?
I'm still on 32bit Reaper a some of my plugins are only 32bit and I hate bridge mode floating windows.

I've reinstalled Windows 4 weeks ago. Still Loosing connection into Reaper, but sometimes it's ok for whole day.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #114
mim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcin Szwajcer View Post
I'm still on 32bit Reaper a some of my plugins are only 32bit and I hate bridge mode floating windows.

I've reinstalled Windows 4 weeks ago. Still Loosing connection into Reaper, but sometimes it's ok for whole day.
It is loosing synch about 1 time by day here too...
But every time I can get to be sync again : I push alternatively (and quickly) stop and play till reaper plays or stop,which means REAPER and the us 2400 are working together again.
(it works 100% here).
Old 03-14-2015, 12:15 PM   #115
Marcin Szwajcer

Quote:
It is loosing synch about 1 time by day here too...
But every time I can get to be sync again : I push alternatively (and quickly) stop and play till reaper plays or stop,which means REAPER and the us 2400 are working together again.
(it works 100% here).
THis does work for me! THANKS!!!

I've noticed very interesting thing today. When this issue occur, it's allways 5 moves or channel sections, and than outgoing communication lost. It's not based about time! It's based to events count! There's more! If I reboot reaper without rebooting Tascam, it's still not working, witch is just weird to me.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:53 AM   #116
Marcin Szwajcer

Here's something you might be interested guys :-)

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...09#post1498309
Old 03-18-2015, 06:01 AM   #117
Marcin Szwajcer

SHIFT + REC - write current values to time selection

It doesn't work. From Action list it works, it just doesnt trigger from US-2400
Old 05-01-2015, 03:44 AM   #118
Ryder

The rewind button is constanty blinking for me. Is this normal? It's annoying.

Great script though! Kudos to the creator.
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:02 AM   #119
mim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
The rewind button is constanty blinking for me. Is this normal? It's annoying.

Great script though! Kudos to the creator.
It is meant to tell you you are in Off / Trim automation mode :

https://github.com/DavidLichtenberge...nsport-buttons
Old 05-01-2015, 05:10 AM   #120
Ryder

I see..... thanks!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote