Old 03-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
ajaym
Human being with feelings

Default Control surface API to retrieve meter values

Hi folks
I've looked through the most recent API header and probably missed it, but how do you get the meter values for each track, so that you can display them in real time as VU meters on the control surface. I have a KMI K-MIX that would look great as a meter bridge, but I can't figure out how to do it in Reaper's SDK.
ajaym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
Xenakios

Maybe these will work :

Track_GetPeakInfo
Track_GetPeakHoldDB
Old 03-03-2017, 06:20 AM   #3
ajaym

Hey, great, I will try those - I wasn't sure if they were gonna return realtime info or just the highest peak value recorded for the track, when I looked at them. Sure wish Justin's people would take a little time to document this stuff, it would save such a lot of time digging through hundreds of APIs. Ah well....
ajaym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:28 AM   #4
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaym View Post
Hey, great, I will try those - I wasn't sure if they were gonna return realtime info or just the highest peak value recorded for the track, when I looked at them. Sure wish Justin's people would take a little time to document this stuff, it would save such a lot of time digging through hundreds of APIs. Ah well....
I am fairly sure those will return on the fly info. The peaks of the audio waveforms on the arrange area use a different API.