Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 07-04-2015, 07:31 AM   #1
dave2ta
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper using 100% CPU Windows 7 64bit

I can not use Reaper any more because it is using 100% CPU and nothing will run. I can't even play back a recording. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
dave2ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
ivansc

Would help if you told us a bit more about your system and what you had loaded up the last time you used reaper.
aND IF YOU READ THE SECTION IN THE MANUAL ON DOING A PORTABLE INSTALL, YOU CAN DO THAT AND AUTOMATICALLY RESET REAPER TO THE FACTORY DEFAULTS WITHOUT KILLING YOUR EXISTING rEAPER INSTALL.
aT LEAST THAT WAY YOU CAN HAVE REAPER RUNNING AND TRY PUTTING BACK THE STUFF YOU USED ONE STEP AT A TIME.

sORRY about the caps - I have really bad arthritis and cant touch type! I usually correct all the typos but my hads are really bad today.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #3
Andemon

Default Same problem here

I'm having the same issue and I'm not sure if there's a setting I can choose in Reaper to help. I'm running windows 7 64bit machine also. All I use the machine for is Reaper. I have an amd fx8350 processor, 8gb kingston hyperx ram (ddr3 1600), asus board, nothing real fancy but should get the job done without having the issues I am. I don't ever really remember having this issue ( the lag and distortion & incapability to continue making music ) up until about 6 months ago. I typically use 8 to 10 tracks sometimes more. I have my computer set to optimal performance with performance power settings. I tend to use Guitar Rig 5, Peavey Revalver, Addictive Drums 2, NI reaktor & kontakt sometimes and a few other vst's some compressors when doing vocals and acoustic, 2 eq's and a limiter on the master. Nothing that I believe should be causing these sort of spikes. I have to wait for the CPU to relax, stop using whatever instrument ( either through my akai eie pro interface or my simmions midi drums ) and attempt to re-record. It gets real laggy and distorted. I typically try to just get it the best I can, render a wave and start a whole new recording. Which sucks to say the least because to mix that original track is a pain when having to go back to it. I'm not sure but I think it's either my lack of ram for how many plugins I'm using ( but even when this is happening I have around 3gb free ) or my power supply ( which is the bare minimum a 320 watt antec psu ) or my processor or finally ( hopefully ) some setting I can do in Reaper. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hope it can help the OP as well. Thank you in advance for reading all of this. Cheers- Andrew
Andemon is offline   Reply With Quote