Old 02-17-2017, 01:04 AM   #2481
lb0
Human being with feelings

Ah - just remembered - the envelopes enable/bypass/ etc ignore send controls at the moment.

Send controls - it's nearly impossible to accurately identify which envelope belongs to which control. Say you had two sends on one track - with automation lanes for the volume envelope. Well both envelopes are simply known as Send Volume. Nothing else to tell which send it is...

I'll see if I can do anything more, or work out a proper way to identify...
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #2482
lb0

Another update

added Distribute selected controls horiz/vert

also - just because and for no other reason than I wanted to try it - keys 5 and 6 decrease/increase background image brightness, key 7 resets to normal.

This brightness setting is not currently saved.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:44 AM   #2483
dasombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Another update

added Distribute selected controls horiz/vert
wholy cow, Ib0 is on fire these days
amazing!
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #2484
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
wholy cow, Ib0 is on fire these days
amazing!
Just uploaded a minor fix - distribution is now dead even between controls - before different sized controls may not have been evenly spaced.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #2485
timbralzoom

more and more beautiful additions!!
Thank you so much!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #2486
dasombre

latest update works great here on my machine
I just could not figure out how to copy graphics. Neither "Ctr-C" nor right click works for me. Maybe I'm just missing something here, but I see no "copy" anywhere in the graphics-mode besides the "copy formatting" which is just for labels.

What would be very nice regarding graphics is "multi-select" like with controls. For copying and moving around. But surely not essential. Just a workflow helper.

The "distribute" helps making nice looking strips sooo much easier and quicker now. Really a big timesaver for me.
Oh, and the "reconnect"-function is really really cool. Not to mention the "visible"-check-box. Love it! Thanks a lot!
Old 02-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #2487
loopa

Holy crap! I must've been unsubscribed from this list because I thought it was a bit quiet and now I just decided to take a look and find this huge update. Thanks lb0! Will be digging in deep here. Looks amazing just from the list!!

Cheers
Loopa
loopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #2488
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
latest update works great here on my machine
I just could not figure out how to copy graphics. Neither "Ctr-C" nor right click works for me. Maybe I'm just missing something here, but I see no "copy" anywhere in the graphics-mode besides the "copy formatting" which is just for labels.

What would be very nice regarding graphics is "multi-select" like with controls. For copying and moving around. But surely not essential. Just a workflow helper.

The "distribute" helps making nice looking strips sooo much easier and quicker now. Really a big timesaver for me.
Oh, and the "reconnect"-function is really really cool. Not to mention the "visible"-check-box. Love it! Thanks a lot!
at moment - only copy graphics alongside controls - so select using shift in fx param edit mode...
Old 02-17-2017, 01:07 PM   #2489
dasombre

Quote:
at moment - only copy graphics alongside controls - so select using shift in fx param edit mode...
ahhh, that's it. thanks a lot
Old 02-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #2490
loopa

Man, this plugin is so good now. Really appreciate that I can move FX around now on different tracks!

I think I found one bug but am not sure: When I add envelopes by using global automation override: Touch and moving a parameter knob, it first works fine (i.e. Reaper creates an envelope for every param knob I move).

But if I then delete the envelopes in LBX stripper, then suddenly Global override touch mode does not create envelopes anymore when I move the parameter knobs. It doesn't matter if I move the knob in LBXStripper or on the FX itself. On other params that are not connected via LBXStripper it works fine though (even for the same FX). Thinking maybe it could be something when you write to the fx/env chunk maybe?

EDIT: This is not a big problem: I can still rerecord quite easily or bypass them

Cheers
Loopa

Last edited by loopa; 02-17-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #2491
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopa View Post
Man, this plugin is so good now. Really appreciate that I can move FX around now on different tracks!

I think I found one bug but am not sure: When I add envelopes by using global automation override: Touch and moving a parameter knob, it first works fine (i.e. Reaper creates an envelope for every param knob I move).

But if I then delete the envelopes in LBX stripper, then suddenly Global override touch mode does not create envelopes anymore when I move the parameter knobs. It doesn't matter if I move the knob in LBXStripper or on the FX itself. On other params that are not connected via LBXStripper it works fine though (even for the same FX). Thinking maybe it could be something when you write to the fx/env chunk maybe?

EDIT: This is not a big problem: I can still rerecord quite easily or bypass them

Cheers
Loopa
yeah - i noticed this too - but haven't really had much time to look into.

Basically - I delete the chunk data entirely for the envelope when I delete it - there's no API call to do it. For some reason this seems to prevent it from reappearing automatically. I'll investigate when I get some time and see if I can improve it. That's partly why I included the right-click on control menu - add envelope options. But still not quite as good.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:58 AM   #2492
loopa

Hi lb0, I think Reaper deletes an envelope automatically when hiding it if the envelope is empty.

Try:

1) Create envelope
2) Clear envelope (but choose no when Reaper asks "Would you also like to remove the envelope completely).

Now you have an empty envelope. Now if you:

3) Hide envelope (visible = False)

Then Reaper deletes the envelope altogether. So I'm thinking: If you write an empty envelope's data to an envelope and then hide it (in the script), Reaper should naturally delete the envelope.

I dumped an empty envelope as an example:
<WIDTHENV2
ACT 1
VIS 1 1 1
LANEHEIGHT 0 0
ARM 1
DEFSHAPE 0 -1 -1
PT 0 1 0
>

Cheers,
Loopa
Old 02-18-2017, 04:26 AM   #2493
lb0

Quote:
Hi lb0, I think Reaper deletes an envelope automatically when hiding it if the envelope is empty.

Try:

1) Create envelope
2) Clear envelope (but choose no when Reaper asks "Would you also like to remove the envelope completely).

Now you have an empty envelope. Now if you:

3) Hide envelope (visible = False)

Then Reaper deletes the envelope altogether. So I'm thinking: If you write an empty envelope's data to an envelope and then hide it (in the script), Reaper should naturally delete the envelope.

I dumped an empty envelope as an example:
<WIDTHENV2
ACT 1
VIS 1 1 1
LANEHEIGHT 0 0
ARM 1
DEFSHAPE 0 -1 -1
PT 0 1 0
>

Cheers,
Loopa
Thanks for looking into. I'll look into using the DeletePointsBetween x and y API (whatever it's called), or even editing the chunk to leave the above bits... It's odd though - as before you first create the envelope - it just doesn't exist in the chunk data for the param/track chunk. So why does it get treated differently if you simply remove the env chunk?

I looked into the Clear Envelope Action - but if that asks each time you want to clear the envelope as it does when selected from the action list - I'll avoid using that (I know you only mentioned with respect to finding out the result and wasn't suggesting using it)... Just a shame there isn't a direct API to deal with this
Old 02-18-2017, 05:31 AM   #2494
loopa

Quote:
Thanks for looking into. I'll look into using the DeletePointsBetween x and y API (whatever it's called), or even editing the chunk to leave the above bits... It's odd though - as before you first create the envelope - it just doesn't exist in the chunk data for the param/track chunk. So why does it get treated differently if you simply remove the env chunk?

I looked into the Clear Envelope Action - but if that asks each time you want to clear the envelope as it does when selected from the action list - I'll avoid using that (I know you only mentioned with respect to finding out the result and wasn't suggesting using it)... Just a shame there isn't a direct API to deal with this
I agree with you, it's weird that it's different by just deleting it like that, maybe it's a runtime thing? I haven't tried restarting Reaper to see if the effect is permanent.

By the way, you have these 2 functions to get/set just the state chunk of a single envelope directly:

* Lua: boolean retval, string strNeedBig reaper.GetEnvelopeStateChunk(TrackEnvelope env, string strNeedBig, boolean isundoOptional)
Gets the RPPXML state of an envelope, returns true if successful. Undo flag is a performance/caching hint.

* Lua: boolean reaper.SetEnvelopeStateChunk(TrackEnvelope env, string str, boolean isundoOptional)
Sets the RPPXML state of an envelope, returns true if successful. Undo flag is a performance/caching hint.

Maybe they can be used to "clear" the envelope by just remove the "PT"-elements of the RPPXML and writing it back to the same envelope ptr?

Cheers,
Loopa
Old 02-18-2017, 05:44 AM   #2495
lb0

Quote:
I agree with you, it's weird that it's different by just deleting it like that, maybe it's a runtime thing? I haven't tried restarting Reaper to see if the effect is permanent.

By the way, you have these 2 functions to get/set just the state chunk of a single envelope directly:

* Lua: boolean retval, string strNeedBig reaper.GetEnvelopeStateChunk(TrackEnvelope env, string strNeedBig, boolean isundoOptional)
Gets the RPPXML state of an envelope, returns true if successful. Undo flag is a performance/caching hint.

* Lua: boolean reaper.SetEnvelopeStateChunk(TrackEnvelope env, string str, boolean isundoOptional)
Sets the RPPXML state of an envelope, returns true if successful. Undo flag is a performance/caching hint.

Maybe they can be used to "clear" the envelope by just remove the "PT"-elements of the RPPXML and writing it back to the same envelope ptr?

Cheers,
Loopa
yeah - i'm using those to delete the entire envelope (copied that code from XRaym), i haven't actually analysed the exact results so will look into further...
Old 02-18-2017, 06:05 PM   #2496
lb0

Quote:

Cheers,
Loopa
Hi Loopa,

Well I've done lots of tests - and unfortunately - no matter what method I use for 'deleting' the envelopes - clearing the chunk, deleting all points in the envelope followed by hiding (whether left armed, enabled, bypassed - whatever) - the outcome is the same. The envelope will not reappear automatically once hidden, even in write automation mode.

I've also tested the other scripts which clear and hide the envelopes - and these seem to suffer the same consequences. Once hidden - they don't come back unless explicitly reopened.

I think the only one that works is the native clear envelopes action - but this pops up a message for each envelope you try to delete.

So what I will do - is simply rename the option - clear envelope - so the points are removed but the envelope stays visible. This way you can simply use the bypass option, or switch to trim/read automation mode.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #2497
loopa

Quote:
Hi Loopa,

Well I've done lots of tests - and unfortunately - no matter what method I use for 'deleting' the envelopes - clearing the chunk, deleting all points in the envelope followed by hiding (whether left armed, enabled, bypassed - whatever) - the outcome is the same. The envelope will not reappear automatically once hidden, even in write automation mode.

I've also tested the other scripts which clear and hide the envelopes - and these seem to suffer the same consequences. Once hidden - they don't come back unless explicitly reopened.

I think the only one that works is the native clear envelopes action - but this pops up a message for each envelope you try to delete.

So what I will do - is simply rename the option - clear envelope - so the points are removed but the envelope stays visible. This way you can simply use the bypass option, or switch to trim/read automation mode.
Thanks so much for doing all that research. If it it take much time then do something else. It's not a huge problem in any case, more of a convenience type of function I would say

Cheers
Loopa
Old 02-21-2017, 05:08 AM   #2498
Kad974

I wanted to know if users of Nebula (N4) had been able to detect the frequency bands under LBXStripper because when I try to mount an EQ with N4 I have no recognition of the frequencies and does not know if it is possible Of the returns manually.
It's only two days that I'm on Reaper but this function is among the most interesting for me as an N4 user.
Thank you for your valuable info.
Sorry for my english but is google translation.
Kad974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:27 AM   #2499
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kad974 View Post
I wanted to know if users of Nebula (N4) had been able to detect the frequency bands under LBXStripper because when I try to mount an EQ with N4 I have no recognition of the frequencies and does not know if it is possible Of the returns manually.
It's only two days that I'm on Reaper but this function is among the most interesting for me as an N4 user.
Thank you for your valuable info.
Sorry for my english but is google translation.
have you tried increasing the detection sensitivity? if this is left on 0 - Nebula doesn't update its value readout quick enough. Try setting to 4 or 5 and then scanning again.

The sensitivity slider is next to the calc graph button in Stripper.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:59 AM   #2500
Kad974

Yes i increasing detection sensitivity but no detection of frequency band.
I'm on mac El capitan ( 10.11.5 ).
Not possibility to enter value manually?
Old 02-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #2501
lb0

Quote:
you can't enter values manually as the data tables for this are too complex to manually enter.

You can adjust the positioning of the band manually using the sliders though.

You may wish to try a full range eq to get the main graph if you haven't already.

For info - N4 works fine for me - using AlexB MMeQ and MfQ, and some N4 library eqs I've tested.

Maybe it's the particular library you're using? Some Neb libraries might be too slow to scan (they do not update their internal display value quick enough).

BTW - Nebula must be enabled (NOT Bypassed) when doing the scan. I think there is some optimization code there in bypass mode which makes the value update even slower - too slow to process...

EDIT - I'll consider adding a semi-auto mode for entering graph data when auto scan doesn't work - but I've got some other stuff to work on first...
Old 02-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #2502
lb0

Quote:
Ah - another thing (at least on windows) - VST3 version of N4 doesn't work properly. You have to use VST2 version - at least on windows. I don't know if these problems exist on Mac as well with VST3 version.

Last edited by lb0; 02-21-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:25 PM   #2503
Kad974

Thanks lb0 for informations.
I use Nebula4 AU version and the library of EQ is AlexB MBeQ ( Modern Black EQ ).
My Nebula is enable when i do the scan.
I will try the manual solution with the sliders for now.
It's true that being a beginner on Reaper, I will have to start with something more simple but your script LBXStripper is super interesting for the owners of Nebula.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #2504
lb0

Quote:
Thanks lb0 for informations.
I use Nebula4 AU version and the library of EQ is AlexB MBeQ ( Modern Black EQ ).
My Nebula is enable when i do the scan.
I will try the manual solution with the sliders for now.
It's true that being a beginner on Reaper, I will have to start with something more simple but your script LBXStripper is super interesting for the owners of Nebula.
Sorry it's not working perfectly for you - unfortunately I have no way of testing on a Mac.

Just out of interest - when you move the sensitivity slider - does it calculate the correct frequency range (min/max) and dB range? This is displayed in the box just underneath the slider? If those detect ok - then I'm not sure why it's not detecting the full graph.

Sometimes it's worth setting the frequency to its lowest setting and also dB to its lowest setting - and then trying the Calc Graph button again... This sometimes helps for problem libraries. However - if the min and max values are not correct - then I doubt it will work.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:02 PM   #2505
X-Raym

@lb0
Let us know if you need help for Reapack support :P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #2506
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@lb0
Let us know if you need help for Reapack support :P
Thanks X-Raym!

Funnily enough - I was reading up on the required index files just yesterday - although haven't taken the plunge just yet. I think I'm slowly getting my head around how to create my own repository - and that the additional required files should end up in the Data folder (which is fine - will just need to adjust a few path variables in the script).

I think there's also the auto-indexer ruby script or something - but I'm not quite sure where that comes in yet...

At the moment I'm in the middle of a big addition to the LBX Stripper script - so probably not the best time to dive in.

But I will be looking at adding it soon I reckon...

Thanks again... Sure enough I'll be asking for help when I get round to it
Old 02-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #2507
timbralzoom

eham... sounds mysterious... any .. tiny.. clues ?
Old 02-21-2017, 05:41 PM   #2508
RJHollins

might it be indicator dials [guage] around a knob ? that automatically assign stepped values ???
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #2509
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
might it be indicator dials [guage] around a knob ? that automatically assign stepped values ???
not that ! Sorry if I've got your hopes up!! Will think about that soon enough...

At the moment it's not fully working - a few glitches to iron out...

It's more to do with strip gui management - so probably not exciting for everyone...

Basically - a way to allow strips to be loaded into 'containers' and simply switched between without going into edit mode. These containers aren't constrained by size - just a method for showing one strip and hiding all the others within the unbounded 'container'.

I'm hoping it turns out well but the data management is complex

I've got it mostly working - but it means say you want to keep the strip window smaller - you can simply load multiple strips into the same area and switch between them. But additionally - you may have your favourite strip controls visible all the time - and have others hidden - but accessible simply by clicking a button and choosing the relevant strip.

The plan is also to allow 'nested' containers - so containers within containers - which means you can load strips that contain containers into other containers... Lots of containers!!

The reason the containers are unbounded (have no restricted size) - is mainly a performance issue, but works ok if you standardize the size of the strips that you load into them. I'm trying to do everything so there is no noticeable increase in latency, and CPU usage. If I were to perform extra boundary checks things would get very out of hand - but doing it this way doesn't change the essential code for drawing and interacting with the controls much.

But - it's kind of experimental at the moment - and until I get it all working in all the different areas (strips/saved strips/saved sets etc) - I don't know exactly how well it will turn out - although I'm pretty confident at the moment as the basics work well.

This also leads into the ability to group controls in edit mode and add these to containers etc. So a more versatile editing environment.

But it's still in its infancy with a bit more code still to get functional. I thought I nearly had stage two working ok earlier - but it had some strange behaviour when dragging in strips saved with the containers.

I think it will be quite useful - certainly for normal use of the script.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:16 PM   #2510
dasombre

Wow Ib0!! the containers sound really amazing. nothing more to add for now, but just wooow
Looking forward to test them out.
Thank you for the hint and the huge upcoming update
Old 02-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #2511
RJHollins

Thanks lB0 ... let me just add my ... WOW.

Not sure I fully understand 'containers' on first read. I'll read again, and look forward to seeing the concept, and how it would apply to my use [which, I admit, is rather a functional mode of accessing/controlling NEBULA chain from a single GUI - which works really well, BTW].

thx
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:57 PM   #2512
Arthur McArthur

I'm gonna have to go ahead and throw another WOW in here. Sounds like an ideal solution for switching between strips.

How are you planning on doing the switching? Arrow keys and a drop down menu would be cool
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:21 AM   #2513
timbralzoom

yep! WOW!!
containers can contain container
Old 02-22-2017, 10:02 AM   #2514
Anton9

What am I going to do with all these containers?

Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:03 AM   #2515
Anton9

...wait, I know.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #2516
Anton9

Nooooooo! Where you going with my containers?

This is what happens when you can no longer contain your containers.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:09 PM   #2517
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Nooooooo! Where you going with my containers?

This is what happens when you can no longer contain your containers.

haha... that's a LOT of containers... hope my code can cope
Old 02-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #2518
timbralzoom

i get this one:
LBX Stripper.lua:13936: attempt to index a nil value (global 'xxy')

EDIT:
as a side note i can open my old project (strip files was in the separate folders) with no problem...
after saving to new version there is two strip files alongside to project
( "xxx.lbxstripper" & "xxx.lbxstripper__" )
did we change the save routine? or am i missing something.

ps. also i just updated to being sure... same error.

Last edited by timbralzoom; 02-23-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #2519
dasombre

Timbral, seems to me that you are either not on the latest version, or you forgot to update the ressources too.
Mainly the "skins" folder was updated with new elements inside. Just drag that into your ressources folder.

And yes, saving has changed too last week, but the default setting with the "#" in the directory option should work as before (creates a subfolder with the project name and puts now only 2 files in there, instead of multiple files like before). Ib0 explained it 1 or 2 pages back

On my machine all is working normal with the latest version.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #2520
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
i get this one:
LBX Stripper.lua:13936: attempt to index a nil value (global 'xxy')

EDIT:
as a side note i can open my old project (strip files was in the separate folders) with no problem...
after saving to new version there is two strip files alongside to project
( "xxx.lbxstripper" & "xxx.lbxstripper__" )
did we change the save routine? or am i missing something.

ps. also i just updated to being sure... same error.
hmmm.. that't to do with the metalite automation. looks like a metalite pads data has gone missing...

will have a think as to what to do...

EDIT: Can you send me the .lbxstripper files and rpp file?