Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 11-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #41
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Excellent news! Well done.

I will sit back and wait for the fix, though, just the same.
Everything here is still working 100% without the manager, so no worries.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:13 AM   #42
Psync

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhorse View Post
Dear Reaper Community

I have been liaising with Waves and been fortunate to begin very positive discourse with higher management regarding the Reaper/Waves relationship.

I have this morning received emails from two departments including The Director of Pro Audio Products.

I quote Gilad Keren from Waves, "We will discuss this soon and hopeful will soon start full reaper support."

This is fantastic news of course.

I ask you all to please liaise with Waves in a positive and professional manner as I am finding the team and management very willing to talk towards a positive outcome for all concerned.

Kind regards to you all.

Brett

Very good news! Thanks for the effort!

No (more) problems here with Waves Central, seems to work fine now.

But really good to know that in the future, we'll probably need to worry less about Waves - beit either installing new plugins or compatibility after updates on either (Reaper/Waves) side.
Psync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:16 AM   #43
Blackhorse

Default It's official. Waves will Support Reaper ASAP

Hi all

Fantastic news. I have just received this message from Amir Vinci, Director of Pro Audio Products - WAVES

Hi Brett

I'm looking into making Reaper support official. It shouldn't be too overly difficult for the basic reason that we have communicated with Justin Frankel and Reaper development in the past and it was all good. I don't have an eta but it looks like a.s.a.p and I'll keep you posted.
Otherwise it seems that some of the issues you describe are more to do with 9.6 and Central where something isn't working right and I apologize for the inconvenience and will do my best to improve this experience too.

I thank you again for using Waves products and wish to be worthy if your business and provide you with excellent product and service.

Best regards,
Amir

I have found Amir and the Waves team exceptional to liaise with and would like to take this opportunity to extend my gratitude to them.
Blackhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:29 AM   #44
Qucifer

Quote:
I'm looking into making Reaper support official. It shouldn't be too overly difficult for the basic reason that we have communicated with Justin Frankel and Reaper development in the past and it was all good. I don't have an eta but it looks like a.s.a.p and I'll keep you posted.
That's REALLY awesome news. I'd love to be able to continue to buy Waves products... I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Q
Qucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #45
Psync

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qucifer View Post
That's REALLY awesome news. I'd love to be able to continue to buy Waves products... I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Q
+1

Good news!
Psync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #46
Rusty Falcon

Quote:
Hi all

Fantastic news. I have just received this message from Amir Vinci, Director of Pro Audio Products - WAVES

Hi Brett

Otherwise it seems that some of the issues you describe are more to do with 9.6 and Central where something isn't working right and I apologize for the inconvenience and will do my best to improve this experience too.

I thank you again for using Waves products and wish to be worthy if your business and provide you with excellent product and service.

Best regards,
Amir

I have found Amir and the Waves team exceptional to liaise with and would like to take this opportunity to extend my gratitude to them.
Great work!!! This will so cool if they finally officially recognize Reaper!

Brian
Rusty Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:49 AM   #47
ivansc

Aw SHIT! Just shot myself in the foot and bought the kramer HLS channel strip on sale.

I am now downloading the waves central program and wondering if I should really even be considering this before we get a definitive answer from Waves regarding Reaper compatibility.....

Hate to think of my Waves plugs being unavailable. Already used on too many projects.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:44 AM   #48
Rusty Falcon

If you have problems after using Waves Central you *MAY* have to go back through the procedure I outlined to remove Waves from your computer and reinstall your plugins using the v9r30 "offline" installer.

I think the HLS was included in the "offline" installer, but I don't own it myself and cannot verify.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #49
ivansc

Confused the shit out of me trying to follow waves own instructions and the instructions on here, so I just did an Irish minesweeper deal.
Fingers crossed, inserted in ears then sort of poked around at it - worked first time with no issues! Amazed.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #50
basementjack

I had a similar problem running waves plugins in izotope RX5's editor.

Another RX user found that Studio Rack worked, so in RX, I use studiorack now and put the plugins in studio rack.

My support ticket with waves was similar to others here - "RX is not supported, never was"

I did ask about Reaper at the time and they said they were looking to support it which is in line with what's been reported here.
basementjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:46 AM   #51
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Well, after a previously frustrating situation with the limitations of my internet and having to have my phone tethered to my DAW to use Waves plugins, I decided to give things another shot today with the new Waves Central app and see if that resolved my authorisation issues and it has indeed!

In times past (my ProTools days), I was a pretty heavy Waves user but I have found replacements for most of those these days. However, there are a few Waves plugins that I still do quite like so being able to run them again is a good thing.

The only issue I am having now is that of the 64 bit versions not showing up in REAPER. It is good to read here that Waves are working towards officially supporting REAPER.

I have sent Waves a tech support request regarding the 64 bit issue and am awaiting a reply. As some of you have already done too, I have approached them with a polite and courteous request as follows:

Quote:
Dear tech support,

I have just installed Morphoder, R Bass and Trueverb (Waveshell 9.6) on my Win 10 REAPER DAW (64 bit) and have them running successfully but only the 32 bit versions are available. They run in bridged mode but I'd much rather run the 64 bit versions natively.

My DAW is online but I used the offline installer to install Waves Central and the three plugins from my USB stick which also contains the licenses. The installer didn't give me an option to install the plugins in specific folders so they are in the Program Files (x86) folder. It appears everything, including the 64 bit versions are there.
I have added that folder to the REAPER VST scan locations, cleared the cache and rescanned but it isn't seeing the 64 bit versions.

If you would be able to offer any suggestions, that would be very much appreciated.

If this can be resolved, I intend on making further purchases soon.

Kind regards,
David.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:32 AM   #52
JHughes
Banned

What I'm having to do is:
Use Waves Central to move licenses to the cloud.
Uninstall everything Waves.
Reinstall plugins using Waves_Complete_V9r30.exe.
Reinstall Waves Central.
Use Waves Central to authorize only.
Point reaper to C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns (I use 32 bit only)
Clear cache and rescan.

I don't copy the waveshell around any more.

This so far takes care of duplicated or missing plugs.
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:21 AM   #53
Barksy

I haven't updated to Waves Central yet, and am currently running 9r27. I notice version 9r30 doesn't allow to install Greg Wells VoiceCentric.

So what am i to do, give it a go and just run the new installer Waves Central, but what happens for the current plugins. Do I move the current plugins licences to the cloud, install Greg Wells and the plugins I already own (which possibly overwrites the plugins already installed from 9r27?) and then move the licenses from the cloud back to my USB stick?
Barksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:48 AM   #54
Dannii

Well, I went ahead a made a few more purchases given the sale prices and have downloaded and installed the extra plugins but this time I did it online from Waves Central on my DAW PC.
After doing the installations, I went to REAPER, cleared and rescanned the cache (which I had also previously done before the new purchases but only 32 bit versions showed up) and now everything shows up in both 32 and 64 bit versions so I am very happy!

I now have licenses for the following and have spent a total of $190:

GTR3
LoAir
Morphoder
Renaissance Bass Native
TrueVerb
UM225 / UM226

That's pretty good value IMHO.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:05 PM   #55
Barksy

Well, i took the punt and had no real problems.

I installed the new WAVES CENTRAL and moved my current plugin's licenses to the cloud. I uninstalled WAVES 9r27 and old LICENSE CENTRE ( as well as new WAVES CENTRAL, but probably didn't need to) and also found the folders in appdata/roaming, so totally cleared everything.

Then I reinstalled and opened WAVES CENTRAL, installed and activated in the 1 simple action the 2 new plugs i just bought (GW Voice Centric and Puitec Eq's). I pointed Reaper to the VST folder that WAVES CENTRAL installed them to (it automatically installed them to 'VSTPlugins' in x86 & x64 program Files folder) , re-scanned Reaper and all was good.

I then tried to download all the old plugins i already had, left it overnight as it was taking a while, but by morning WAVES CENTRAL advised it had failed, or had been disconnected. So i just installed 4 or 5 at a time. Re-scanned Reaper again and all worked by the time i installed them all.

I open old projects and all the plugins appear and work as normal.

Pretty simple really.

For VST3, both x86 & x64 Waveshells were not installed in 'VST Plugins' folder. They were both installed in x86 Program File/Waves.

So i copied just the x64 VST3 Waveshell to the x64 VSTPlugins folder, re-scanned, and all good.

Later, i might try either copying or moving the Waveshells to where the rest of my plugins are kept and let you know, but maybe best left where they are for when installing plugins bought in the future.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I hope this has been of some help to some people

Last edited by Barksy; 12-01-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Barksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:33 AM   #56
G-Sun

[QUOTE=Barksy;1602862
If anyone has any questions, let me know. I hope this has been of some help to some people[/QUOTE]
Thanks!
I'll be updating myself soon.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:48 AM   #57
Dannii

Blah... Still having issues.

I just sent Waves another update with the following info:

Quote:
I'm now encountering another issue. Everything works fine until I reboot my PC. After that, REAPER crashes upon loading any project file with Waves plugins on it (32 or 64 bit) and also crashes if I create a new project and try to load ANY 64 bit plugin or a 32 bit version of R Bass or Morphoder.

If I then reinstall all Waves products, everything works again until next reboot.

This sounds to me like some kind of permissions issue.

Kind regards,
David.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #58
Roadrunner

Quote:
After two days of dicking around, I must sincerely thank RUSTY FALCON for his post. I have all my V9 WAVES PLUGINS running in Reaper. As Mr Falcon stated, go to this address http://www.waves.com/downloads/multirack and download V9r30. Use Waves Central to move your licences to the cloud or I can see no reason to not just move them to a high quality USB stick. Uninstall Waves Central. Search for all WAVES files and folders on C Drive and get rid of them (You might want to back up your system first!) Run V9r30 and install the products you have licences for. Reinstall Wave Central and move your licences back from the cloud. I did clear my VST cache and re-scan it within Reaper.

I think we can just keep hammering WAVES that many of us who work professionally in the field are REAPER users by choice and very happy indeed with the DAW. surely it does not have to be this hard!
I bought a couple of Waves plugins on sale yesterday. It's been a while since I've updated anything Waves related and I was fearing the worst. Sure 'nuff: after installing the new plugins all my Waves products would crash Reaper.

I scanned this whole thread, after Googling my problem, and found this post by Blackhorse, distilling Rusty Falcon's post, to be the most simple solution... so, that's the one I tried first. Worked like a charm... thank you Blackhorse and Rusty Falcon! I've been mixing all morning and not a single problem.

Like Blackhorse, I did have to run "clear cache and rescan" when I opened Reaper after following the instructions above, the Waves stuff wouldn't show up until I did that. I think I lost a few presets but that's no big deal; I always have to tweak, or toss 'em and start over, from mix to mix.

Thanks so much for the help everyone!
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:05 AM   #59
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
Blah... Still having issues...
Another update, setting REAPER to run as administrator seems to have resolved this latest issue.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #60
Rusty Falcon

And here is a good writeup on some thoughts to resolve Waves Central issues on Windows computer. Yeah it's from a "Pro Tools" post but the Waves cleanup process is almost identical.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pens...4516625921037/

http://www.pro-tools-pc.com/how-to-p...waves-plugins/
Old 12-08-2015, 12:46 AM   #61
G-Sun

I did a regular update with latest installer,
zero problems.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #62
ivansc

Did find out one interesting thing - all my 64 bit plugs disappeared and were replaced automatically in old projects by the 32 bit version.

Found all the 64 bit ones in the reaper vst3 folder!

Now all I have to do is figure out why my UAD1 cards quit working.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:42 AM   #63
G-Sun

Edit: After new install.
all old projects was missing Waves-pluggins

Removing everything as suggested above, trying v9r29

Can only get old licenses to be acknowledged.
Else I'm prompted for download new installer.
Canceled that.

Now old projects are recognizing the waves plugins,
but not possible to have the new ones..

Last edited by G-Sun; 12-11-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:33 AM   #64
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Edit: After new install.
all old projects was missing Waves-pluggins

Removing everything as suggested above, trying v9r29

Can only get old licenses to be acknowledged.
Else I'm prompted for download new installer.
Canceled that.

Now old projects are recognizing the waves plugins,
but not possible to have the new ones..
Have you checked that you don't have to pay your WUP?
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #65
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
Have you checked that you don't have to pay your WUP?
No WUP involved.
All new licenses are fine in newest installer,
but it breaks old projects
Old 12-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #66
ivansc

G-SUN in case you did what I did, DO check the VST3 tab in Reapers VST preferences.
You should have VST3 and VST3i showing.
Always assuming you are on Reaper V5.
If not you are as they say shit out of luck, as Waves Central automatically installed ONLY 32bit versions in VST2. And Reaper V4 wont work with VST3.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:14 PM   #67
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
G-SUN in case you did what I did, DO check the VST3 tab in Reapers VST preferences.
You should have VST3 and VST3i showing.
Always assuming you are on Reaper V5.
If not you are as they say shit out of luck, as Waves Central automatically installed ONLY 32bit versions in VST2. And Reaper V4 wont work with VST3.
Thanks!
I get the new ones showing up,
but I can's activate them with the older waves central.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:55 AM   #68
G-Sun

I contacted Waves support.
Here's my reply:

Quote:
The new Central application will remove any old files from your system if you installed a new product since it is updating all plugin files to the latest version 9.6 which cannot coexist with any old plugin file on your system.
For me this is a no-go.
I'm e.g. relying much on Waves Tune for pitch,
and to have to redo all those edits for old projects is just not ok.

So, I can't use any new Waves licenses/plugins for a long time..

Is this the case for all other DAWs as well?
I can't understand how Waves can break all old projects for all users.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #69
G-Sun

Ok,
got it.

Moved all licenses to cloud
Cleaned all waves folders
Installed all my plugins with v9r29
Managed all licenses with v9r30.

Working
Old 12-17-2015, 11:52 AM   #70
Pinknoise

Default All working fine but not right away.

I got mine to mork after various install/deinstall and clear cache.
I would open up Reaper and where is my VEQ4 ? Or where is my Kramer HLS ?
So I had to reinstall and clear cache at least 3 times before everything showed up properly and I don't have any problems now. I was also trying to install the 64 bits only and no VST3. I abandonned and settled for both 32 and 64 bit and everything is working now. So I'd say don't give up with the new version try various installations until it works.

Waves announced support to FL Studio recently when I saw that, I figured Reaper is next and should be very soon.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #71
Rusty Falcon

Glad you two got up and working!

Since I was a pretty active grumbler in this thread I think it's time to close my issues on a positive note.

I got to the point where I was pretty certain it was a problem with 'ntdll.dll' rather than Reaper or Waves.

To correct this, my choices were a repair install to Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 10

I did a Win7 repair install on my wife's desktop earlier in the year and knew this would involve hours of updates and settings to get back to functional. And I'd still be on Windows 7. :>

I knew a Windows 10 upgrade from USB media only took about 1-2 hours but was concerned about my Firewire FW410 device functioning. Online review showed me about a 50% success rate using this device under Windows 10.

Decided to take the plunge last week and did the Windows 10 upgrade.

Surprisingly and pleasantly, the only drivers I had to install were for my NVIDIA card, my Creative sound card (used for gaming, not music), and a webcam. The FW410 worked just fine after the update apparently using the same driver as it did under Windows 7.

I did however completely remove Waves from my computer and followed the linked guide for a clean Waves Central install.

Guess what...

Reaper 5.1 x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64 / Waves Central / plus all Slate Digital stuff and other VST2 and VST3 plugins - all playing nicely and working well together!

Working on my first mix with the new setup now and it seems solid.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:34 AM   #72
nakedzen

I had the same problem just now, installed CLA Vocals via Waves Central which removed my previous install of L2. Then reinstalled L2 through Waves Central. After that opening any project that had L2 on it made Reaper crash immediately. No amount of unistalling/reinstalling fixed anything. L2 wasn't visible in the plugins list either when opened from an empty project.

The fix was to open an empty project and "clear cache and re-scan" the plugins after I uninstalled Waves Central and did these:

Quote:
Click on your Windows Start Button and type in the search bar %appdata%. Enter the Roaming folder.
Delete the Waves Audio folder.
Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Waves Audio. Delete the Central folder.
Navigate to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Waves Audio\instl.
Delete the Cache folder.

Now everything seems to be back to normal.

Edit: Scratch that. It worked *once*. Now Reaper hangs again immediately when I try to open the project.

Edit2: Now it works again after I re-scanned again. We'll see if that situation stays.

Last edited by nakedzen; 01-16-2016 at 07:28 AM.
nakedzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #73
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedzen View Post
I had the same problem just now, installed CLA Vocals via Waves Central which removed my previous install of L2. Then reinstalled L2 through Waves Central. After that opening any project that had L2 on it made Reaper crash immediately. No amount of unistalling/reinstalling fixed anything. L2 wasn't visible in the plugins list either when opened from an empty project.

The fix was to open an empty project and "clear cache and re-scan" the plugins after I uninstalled Waves Central and did these:

Now everything seems to be back to normal.

Edit: Scratch that. It worked *once*. Now Reaper hangs again immediately when I try to open the project.

Edit2: Now it works again after I re-scanned again. We'll see if that situation stays.
I had issues with REAPER crashing in a similar manner. It would run fine once after I installed Waves and then crash every time after that. If I ran the Waves installer again, REAPER would then run once again and then crash.

What ended up fixing my issue was to right click on the REAPER.exe file in the REAPER install folder and select 'Run as administrator'. That fixed the crashing issues. The one issue I did have with running REAPER as admin is that drag and drop from Windows Explorer then didn't work. I worked around that by downloading Free Commander XE and also setting that to run as admin. I now do drag and drop from that.

Hopefully a more permanent solution from either Waves or Cockos (or both in collaboration) will resolve the issue properly. Until then, this works for me.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:43 PM   #74
bladerunner

My brief experience with Waves is likely to be over soon. Problems in Reaper, Podium and Harrison Mixbus... The only DAW they seem to play fine with is S1 and I'm selling that now lol.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:42 PM   #75
MJFarmermac

Default Same or different?

I had a similar issue with waves and took two hours to find and fix using the clear folder/offline install method (thanks for that guys!). Now I'm having an issue where the waves GUI won't show. Just a blank white box with the reaper controls at the top. The plugin still functions- I can hear it working, and if I hit the "UI" button reaper will show me all the controls, but depending on the complexity, that can be tedious. The same plugin will show on some other tracks but some tracks, nada. Seems random. Any ideas?
Old 01-20-2016, 12:59 AM   #76
paulheu

Worked fine for me out of the box.. it seems the new install does not remove the old WavesShell DLLs though so make sure you kill those..
paulheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:57 AM   #77
Indemuse

Thanks to all for the help and troubleshooting. I got the same spiel from Waves so I went back to 9.3. Here is my reply to Waves. Everyone in the Reaper community needs to voice their displeasure:

"Thank you for your reply. Please pass along to those that make decisions at Waves - we in the Reaper community love your plugins and we are deeply hurt that you will not make them more compatible with a DAW that is growing by leaps and bounds in both capability and popularity. As Reaper becomes more mainstream in a time when ProTools is losing customers left and right, I think it would be a good business decision for Waves to investigate the eventual need to make Reaper a supported platform. Thank you."

***UPDATE*** - Just got a message from Waves:

Hi Robert.

Thank you for your comments.

Just to let you know we are aware of Reaper's popularity and we are going to qualify this DAW.
For some reason it's not an smooth process and we are encountering some issues but we are qualifying it as we speak. I still do not have an ETA for official support and keep in mind that it might take a while.

If you need further assistance feel free to contact us or visit http://www.waves.com/support

Last edited by Indemuse; 01-20-2016 at 02:12 PM. Reason: update news
Indemuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #78
keyman_sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
So there is hope...
- Download the Waves Complete v9r30 installer. It's a 1.2GB installer but includes everything Waves offers. This can be found online still on the Multirack download page. If you select the V9 Plugins link on that page you will see it will offer the "offline" installer.
- Download the Waves Central installer.

What worked for me; given I already had Waves Central installed:
- Used Waves Central to move all my Waves licenses off my computer and back to the Cloud. If you do NOT do this, I think you are going to have licensing issues if you follow my steps to delete all Waves content from your C: drive.
- Used Waves Central to "uninstall" all Waves V9 plugins
- Uninstalled Waves Central itself using Windows Programs and Features panel
- Manually searched my C: drive for all Waves content and blew it all away. Bear in mind your user presets may be stored under the C: drive somewhere in .xps file. If you value your personal presents, find these files and save them BEFORE you blow the Waves stuff off your C: drive. If you delete Waves installers and presets it's on you - I keep only my OS on my C: drive plus apps.
- Installed the Waves Complete v9r30 plugins. You will need to manually select all the packages and single plugins you own in the installer checkbox list. Let this install the Waves License Center.

At this point I tried the old tried and true Waves License Center that was installed by the Waves Complete installer. It did NOT work and pointed me to the "new installer" aka the Waves Central.

- I did install the Waves Central but did NOT use it to install or activate any plugins. No need since they were previously installed using the v9r30 offline installer.
- Logged in to my Waves account in the Waves Central app and used the Manage Licenses function to move my licenses from the Cloud back to my computer. If you use a USB stick I guess you can move them to the USB stick.

- I keep my plugins on a separate drive so that I have control of what Reaper uses. I copied the WavesShell files 9.3 and 9.7 from the C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Waves folder where the installed to my G:\VST\VST64\Waves folder.

I opened a recent project that uses a pile of Waves plugins plus other stuff from Soundtoys, Slate, etc. Did a 'Clear Cache Rescan' operation. Did not receive any errors from Reaper about unavailable or unlicensed plugins. Let it run 15-20 minutes after making some changes and saving. No crashes. Turned autosave back on with a 15 minute interval. Noted that project folder now contains valid autosave files.

FWIW my Waves plugins all report version 9.3 as expected. I also use StudioRack Native which reports version 9.7 also as expected.

What a pain in the butt. At least I was able to find a way to get back to work. Hopefully this will help others as well with similar problems on Windows 7 and Reaper.

Thanks a ton for this.

I followed this step by step and I have a complete fresh waves install but it hasn't helped at all. Any pointers?
keyman_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:20 PM   #79
Rusty Falcon

Hi keyman_sam:

Actually I've moved on to the full Waves Central. I did upgrade my PC to Windows 10 and before doing so completely removed all Waves plugins and manually cleaned up using this procedure from Pro-Tools-PC site: http://www.pro-tools-pc.com/how-to-p...waves-plugins/

So something changed in that process that allowed me to get up on the new Waves Central and with Reaper recognizing the newer plugins.

Definitely be sure you have the most recent Waves Central installer from waves.com. There have been some updated versions show up and perhaps they addressed some Reaper issues.

I would mention that I still have to "Clear Cache and Rescan" any time I update my Waves plugins in any way. I think doing so pokes the WaveShell dll so that it gives up a new list of plugins to Reaper.

Sorry I can't be much help other than that.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:00 PM   #80
bladerunner

Having big trouble.. I decided to reinstall waves central (I couldn't, for the life of me, get the Gold bundle demo to install so I thought a reinstall might help..). I uninstalled, deleted all the waves folders/waveshell.dll's I could find.. restarted and reinstalled. Problem - now, when I install the plugins via the waves central interface it appears to download something and says that it has completed but nothing has downloaded anywhere - no waveshell.dll in the vst3 folder in common files (in the programs folder) or anywhere else. In fact, the waves central installer didn't create a 'Waves' folder in Programs at all. I've tried the whole procedure again - same result. Any ideas?