Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #441
bang
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Oh.., ok this is fine.

* load preset notes

Could this be added as option in the arpbangzero_settings.txt?
yes. will do. /dan
bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #442
bang

Quote:
I think what he maybe wants is the ability to change the playback positions of the input notes for when arp!0 is in loop/repeat mode. So maybe the ability to ctrl/alt click on the notes if possible would be nice.
that makes more sense. but maybe he was asking for a new dir type that rotates the input notes? that could be fun. what say ye amenbrother?

and, we can already use the directions sequence to alter input note ordering. i wonder if this would work:

>2 :> :<^

or as an image:

what this does is set an initial step that skips ahead 2 notes. then there is a normal next step. finally there is a dirop that jumps back to the previous ":" section mark. so, normally, after the first double step the dir seq just repeats that 2nd normal next step. to effectively rotate the input notes relative to the rest of the arp, command/control-click on the 1st ">2" dir step. that will do a one shot skip ahead by 2 notes before returning to repeating the 2nd normal next step. a little shortcut after the first time you command/control-click dir step one is to right-click the current variant. that will recall saved playback positions from the last time you manually changed them.

does this make sense to anyone but me? :^)

enjoy! /dan
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-04-22 at 5.53.36 PM.png (3.2 KB, 693 views)
Old 04-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #443
bang

actually, this is a bit more straightforward:

this just puts the "normal" next step at the beginning, with a bit simpler dirop that immediately seeks back to the start of the dir seq. then there is the skip ahead step, which you can control/command-click for a one shot. and you can extend this technique by appending more one-shots terminated with the seek to start dirop.

enjoy! /dan
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-04-22 at 6.04.47 PM.png (3.2 KB, 695 views)
Old 04-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #444
Anton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang View Post
does this make sense to anyone but me? :^)
It sure does.., I also noticed that control/command-clicking on other dir steps after :<^ will skip ahead at different positions. This is really cool.., I just wish there were a way to execute a control/command-click for each dir step via MIDI perhaps using notes on a different channel, the note itself would not sound. I guess it could be done by sending a specific CC value.., for example cc20-001 would execute control/command-click for step 1, cc20-002 for step 2..,etc.

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in implementing?

Anton9
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #445
bang

Quote:
It sure does.., I also noticed that control/command-clicking on other dir steps after :<^ will skip ahead at different positions. This is really cool.., I just wish there were a way to execute a control/command-click for each dir step via MIDI[...]Does this sound like something you'd be interested in implementing?
yup. yup. yup! vcool idea. let me think on how best to do it along with the other midi control bits. but sooner than later for this one if possible. enjoy! /dan
Old 04-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #446
Anton9

Sweeeeeet!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #447
amenbrother

Ok some nice new ideas I ser. sorry My bad english but I copied from the manual of machinedrum. And i thing the arpO must be in some kind of loop mode get it To work. If you move all the input notes To the right one step the last note will be the first one. Btw here is the extract: An easy way to experiment with a pattern is to move all the trigged notes of a track forwards or backwards. While in record mode, hold down [FUNCTION] while pressing the [LEFT] or [RIGHT] arrow keys to perform this move. This is espe- cially useful on tracks containing snare drums.
amenbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #448
Anton9

Just thought of one more little thing that may be useful and that would be a special latch button so that when a user has the hold parameter on and has a dir pattern such as >2 :> :<^ each cycle/repeat would be the same until latch is turned off then it would return to normal. Does this make sense?

Anton9
Old 04-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #449
bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenbrother View Post
Ok some nice new ideas I ser. sorry My bad english but I copied from the manual of machinedrum. And i thing the arpO must be in some kind of loop mode get it To work. If you move all the input notes To the right one step the last note will be the first one.
with a drum sequencer, the notes, or drum samples, are in a fixed size grid and all the sequence controls play in sync. with that system it make sense to rotate notes to different steps. however, in arp!0 the note and control sequences are not synchronized. so you can do the same thing as rotating notes in arp!0 by changing the relative playback positions of the note and control sequences. because arp!0 is so much more flexible than a drum sequencer, this is more complex. using the one-shot technique in the dir sequence like we have been discussing is one way. we can also shift-control/command-click on any sequence step to manually set a new playback position for all control sequences which will usually be at a different relative offset from the note sequence.

i guess the bottom line is that because arp!0 is quite different from a drum sequencer, shifting the note sequence seems like an unnecessary special case that can be accomplished in other ways. for experimenting with note/control sync try the techniques i suggested above. but if you have a particular use case amenbrother i am open to input on this. what exactly do you want to do?

enjoy! /dan
Old 04-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #450
bang

Quote:
Just thought of one more little thing that may be useful and that would be a special latch button so that when a user has the hold parameter on and has a dir pattern such as >2 :> :<^ each cycle/repeat would be the same until latch is turned off then it would return to normal. Does this make sense
sorry, but no. what is normal and what is not? maybe you are suggesting an option to automatically restart the dir sequence from the beginning each time arp!0 gets a new set of notes? that's not what i would want usually. it might be a useful option, but i'm inclined to wait til after the v1.1 rewrite to add things like that. make sense? /dan
Old 04-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #451
TonE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Imho pitch bend should not be used for any mapping in this case. That would interfere with its regular usage (i.e. applying pitch bend while playing an arpeggio). It should arguably only be considered if there would be some need to use a 14-bit range for any parameter...

The same goes (to a lesser extent, but still) for notes in the (special) case of an arpeggiator. We shouldn't need to use note filters to separate its regular notes going in/coming out from notes used as controls. It's certainly not impossible, but could be a little (too) confusing.
Regarding pitchbend, if you do not want to use them, just do not map them. One interesting thing with pitchbend when mapped to a normal slider or crossfader, e.g. from Bitstream 3X, you can pitch-up or -down the sound and it will stay at its position, great for achieving new crazy sounds and effects, transitions, also when done very slowly, in ambientic style, then use in parallel the common cc=1=modwheel, if the sound is programmed interestingly alone with these two controls you can have already a lot of fun, plus your fingers on the midi keyboard keys. In short I like having pitchbend events NOT only on the pitchwheel, but also on regular sliders.

Regarding the notes, we have all together 16 midi channels, even multiple possible ports, so a specific port+channel combination could be used for control-notes, rather than for input-notes. Mute/unmute, solo/unsolo, octave up/down, double-octave up/down, toggle something would be typical mapping candidates.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #452
TonE

Quote:
ERA-2 is kick ass! It's a shame they abandoned development.
Are you missing anything? ERA-2 came from year 3000 to the past.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #453
bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Regarding the notes, we have all together 16 midi channels, even multiple possible ports, so a specific port+channel combination could be used for control-notes, rather than for input-notes.
this is true. i am have been inclined to avoid using >1 midi channel, but maybe that's ok. we would need at least 3 additional channels (120 cc's/chan) i think to map the 352 current seq steps. more if that expands in the future. using Reaper midi busses won't work for the ReaJS folks i think. the alternative is something like Banned's selector idea, where one midi cc selects a sequence and 32 others set values for that. this is a bit harder for midi controllers perhaps, but is more easily expandable. so i dunno. thoughts everyone? enjoy! /dan
Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #454
TonE

Quote:
this is true. i am have been inclined to avoid using >1 midi channel, but maybe that's ok. we would need at least 3 additional channels (120 cc's/chan) i think to map the 352 current seq steps. ... the alternative is something like Banned's selector idea, where one midi cc selects a sequence and 32 others set values for that. this is a bit harder for midi controllers perhaps, but is more easily expandable. so i dunno. thoughts everyone? enjoy! /dan
ERA-2's direct-step-access does not work this way, you have direct access. For people with poor midi control hardware a selector-solution might be nice, but direct step access has its own fun. Imagine all 8 step notes, moving gradually in various directions, continuous changing sequences... that kind of stuff I am using already with ERA-2.

Regarding the channels, if you have 12 lines, similar to ERA-2, you can use for those midi channels 1..12, the other midi channels 13..16 could be used as control-notes. 12 is a good number, it fits nicely into a single octave range.

I need only 8 steps per line btw. not 352 steps.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #455
bang

Quote:
ERA-2's direct-step-access does not work this way, you have direct access. For people with poor midi control hardware a selector-solution might be nice, but direct step access has its own fun. Imagine all 8 step notes, moving gradually in various directions, continuous changing sequences... that kind of stuff I am using already with ERA-2.
i think you could still do that with a selector scheme by just sending two midi cc's: one to select, one to change the value.
Quote:
Regarding the channels, if you have 12 lines, similar to ERA-2, you can use for those midi channels 1..12, the other midi channels 13..16 could be used as control-notes. 12 is a good number, it fits nicely into a single octave range.
i would want to know that using that many midi channels plays nicely with other midi fx that may be in use. especially for ReaJS folks, tracks/midi channels may be much more limited than with Reaper. so i dunno. am i being too conservative here everyone?
Quote:
I need only 8 steps per line btw. not 352 steps.
yes. but some folks really like having 32 steps. 352 is 32x the 11 current 11 control sequences.

other opinions on this everyone?

enjoy! /dan
Old 04-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #456
TonE

Quote:
i think you could still do that with a selector scheme by just sending two midi cc's: one to select, one to change the value.

but some folks really like having 32 steps.
When using for drums?

Regarding the selector-style, no, I think then you could not change all steps in parallel gradually, slowly, imagine an lfo on the step-pitches or other step parameters.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #457
bang

Quote:
When using for drums?
arp!0 isn't only used for drums, and whatever scheme we come up with needs to work for all applications.

but maybe i'm not understanding your use case? how do you use arp!0 with drums? doing parallel drum parts isn't arp!0's strong suit i think. what's your approach?
Quote:
Regarding the selector-style, no, I think then you could not change all steps in parallel gradually, slowly, imagine an lfo on the step-pitches or other step parameters.
i may not understand this either. within a daw, the extra midi cc from arp!0 wouldn't change an lfo. even doing external midi +3 bytes per step per value seems like it wouldn't be that significant compared the time between steps. am i missing something?

enjoy! /dan
Old 04-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #458
TonE

I did not use arp!0 at all yet. Just sharing my midi mapping ideas, mostly my experiences with ERA-2. I was asking, if others are using 32 steps together with drums, not that I am using it with drums? I hope it is more clear now, sorry for confusing you.

Regarding the gradual step control, see ERA-2's direct-step-access. You can define/map a separate controller for each step-note or step parameter. The lfo-functionality I was mentioning, would be part of your hardware midi controller, it would output e.g. a sine-curve-cc1, which you might map to the first step-note, and this single step note would move along the sine-curve. Other step notes could also move into other directions, also using other function types, not only sine. The important part is only that you CAN control every single step-note DIRECTLY, without any extra pre-selection.

I am not sure if Numerology also allows this control-"deepness" leading to a deep sound?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #459
Banned

Quote:
[...] I am not sure if Numerology also allows this control-"deepness" leading to a deep sound?
I am. In Numerology-land, that is all still pretty shallow stuff. You should seriously check it out when you have a chance if you like this sort of stuff, it sounds like it's just your type of thing (too). Any step of any module can be modulated with a (virtual) CV system or externally using MIDI or OSC. Adding and connecting a module like an LFO (to anything) is a matter of simply adding a module and connecting a virtual cable. How about an LFO modulating the depth of an envelope that controls the speed of another LFO which modulates which parameter receives the modulation of yet another LFO? If you want to add a (dual) LFO to every step of a an arpeggiator or step sequencer module, it's just a matter of clicking and dragging a bit more, until you have a nice spaghetti patch on the backside, and then you can watch all the LFOs until you get dizzy.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:22 AM   #460
amenbrother

Quote:
with a drum sequencer, the notes, or drum samples, are in a fixed size grid and all the sequence controls play in sync. with that system it make sense to rotate notes to different steps. however, in arp!0 the note and control sequences are not synchronized. so you can do the same thing as rotating notes in arp!0 by changing the relative playback positions of the note and control sequences. because arp!0 is so much more flexible than a drum sequencer, this is more complex. using the one-shot technique in the dir sequence like we have been discussing is one way. we can also shift-control/command-click on any sequence step to manually set a new playback position for all control sequences which will usually be at a different relative offset from the note sequence.

i guess the bottom line is that because arp!0 is quite different from a drum sequencer, shifting the note sequence seems like an unnecessary special case that can be accomplished in other ways. for experimenting with note/control sync try the techniques i suggested above. but if you have a particular use case amenbrother i am open to input on this. what exactly do you want to do?

enjoy! /dan

Cheers boss for the answer. Will experiment with your suggestions. I already used the Arp(0) in one of my tunes with wich gave me some crazy lead variations. Wicked! Btw Elektron use the same technic in monomachine which is not a drummachine.

Last edited by amenbrother; 04-24-2012 at 05:28 AM.
amenbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #461
bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenbrother View Post
Cheers boss for the answer. Will experiment with your suggestions. I already used the Arp(0) in one of my tunes with wich gave me some crazy lead variations. Wicked! Btw Elektron use the same technic in monomachine which is not a drummachine.
yes. but in Elektron everything is still synchronized, so the first note always plays with the first gate/accent/transposition/etc. so the only way to change the note sync on an X0X style box is to shift the notes around. with arp!0, the first note can play with any other control step, depending on the play positions. so changing play positions has the same effect as rotating notes. but your query has me thinking that changing play positions for the note sequence could be easier than it is. that is somewhat cryptic now. i will try to come up with something that is more obvious. thoughts everyone? enjoy! /dan
Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #462
Anton9

Quote:
sorry, but no. what is normal and what is not? maybe you are suggesting an option to automatically restart the dir sequence from the beginning each time arp!0 gets a new set of notes? that's not what i would want usually. it might be a useful option, but i'm inclined to wait til after the v1.1 rewrite to add things like that. make sense? /dan
Here is a visual example of what I was talking about. Using the dir pattern >2 :> :<^ and comman/ctrl-clicking on the 5th step then rendering I get this.

With the latch button on.., each cycle would be like the first series.., turn the latch off and it returns what you see in the 2nd & 3rd cycles.

If you don't want to implement until after v1.1 thats fine.., I was just putting it out there.

Anton9
Old 04-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #463
TonE

Quote:
Using the dir pattern >2 :> :<^ and comman/ctrl-clicking on the 5th step then rendering I get this.

With the latch button on.., each cycle would be like the first series.., turn the latch off and it returns what you see in the 2nd & 3rd cycles.
Is this a skip function?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #464
Anton9

Quote:
Is this a skip function?
Yes.., it will skip any dir step that you command/ctrl-click on.

Edit: Actually here is a better explanation of what it does.
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=452

Last edited by Anton9; 04-24-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #465
bang

Quote:
Here is a visual example of what I was talking about. Using the dir pattern >2 :> :<^ and comman/ctrl-clicking on the 5th step then rendering I get this. [img.../img] With the latch button on.., each cycle would be like the first series.., turn the latch off and it returns what you see in the 2nd & 3rd cycles.
i think to do something like this would require arp!0 to record and playback real-time gui edits like command/control-clicks. that's quite far beyond anything it does currently. so i dunno how possible it is.

you could accomplish something like what you describe using a dir sequence like this:

|< > > > > >2 >

that starts with the first note (|<), the does the next 4 sequential notes, then skips a note, then plays one more sequential note. then it will start the dir sequence again, which goes back to the first input note. so this hardwires a 7 note arp. hmmm. looking at this, i wonder if an option to restart the dir sequence whenever the input note sequence recycles might be useful?

enjoy! /dan
Old 04-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #466
TonE

Quote:
i think to do something like this would require arp!0 to record and playback real-time gui edits like command/control-clicks. that's quite far beyond anything it does currently. so i dunno how possible it is.

you could accomplish something like what you describe using a dir sequence like this:

|< > > > > >2 >

hmmm. looking at this, i wonder if an option to restart the dir sequence whenever the input note sequence recycles might be useful?
From my experience, in general, to find out if something might be useful, is simply trying it out, most times, just some accidents, non-planned results lead to new cool features, not thinking and planning beforehand, too much. At least this is my experience with developing new tools. Just trying out and experimenting as much and as quick as possible.

Another experience I made is: Sometimes you develop a new feature but can not make use of it in a cool way, immediately, the time passes, either you look at that feature from a new perspective or you have another new small idea, when combined with the old idea creates a new cool feature. In short, keeping old-not-cool-yet-ideas can be also useful for the future.

Regarding recording the gui interactions, you could also consider following trick: Recording the gui interactions, using some external tool, e.g. AutoHotkey, then only allowing to paste the result of this recording in text form into arp!0, so you had the same information in the system, but without containing the recording-tool in js-world.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #467
Anton9

Quote:
Ok.., let's drop the idea of a latch button

Quote:

|< > > > > >2 >
yes that works.., thank you.

Quote:
hmmm. looking at this, i wonder if an option to restart the dir sequence whenever the input note sequence recycles might be useful?
What about an on/off button with an input box next to it where a user could input a number indicating which step of the dir sequence to restart from when the button is on?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #468
bang

Quote:
What about an on/off button with an input box next to it where a user could input a number indicating which step of the dir sequence to restart from when the button is on?
i'm thinking of using one of the spare dirop types to mark where to jump to when the note sequence cycles. that would work without gui changes. it might make sense to allow more than one of those and jump to each one in sequence. sounds fun! :^) enjoy! /dan ps- no promises though. :^)
Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #469
Anton9

Quote:
i'm thinking of using one of the spare dirop types to mark where to jump to when the note sequence cycles. that would work without gui changes. it might make sense to allow more than one of those and jump to each one in sequence. sounds fun! it might make sense to allow more than one of those and jump to each one in sequence.
This sounds like it could be pretty cool.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #470
bang

Default arp!0 - v0.82rc - 1 may 2012 - line in sand release

hello all! once more! with *feeling*! :^)

so here's a new release with a bunch of loose ends tied up and a few final features before we hit the home stretch. really. :^) it includes fixes for the Anton9's stuck notes and wrong initial order issues, and a few other bugs as well. it also adds a global setting for load notes with presets, plus logic so that loading a preset saved without notes should not clear extant notes. there are some new dir operations that seek to that dir step after the input note sequence plays the first or last notes or passes the sequence end. also a new dirop that resets all sequences to their saved play positions. play positions are now only saved when arp!0 is paused so that they survive interactive changes made while playing. and play positions are now indicated by a small cutout at the bottom right of a sequence step when arp!0 is paused. hopefully this will make saved play positions a more obvious and useable feature. there's a new global midi lock setting that prevents presets from changing the midi channel, bus, and control settings. oh, and the dirop icons have been tweaked for clarity.

that's it for the little stuff. :^) the big change is to midi automation. when mucking about to switch from using program changes to midi cc's to select variants it seemed not too hard to go ahead and implement a basic midi automation scheme for sequence step values. i ended up using TonE's suggestion for multiple midi channels since that would allow midi feedback for simple controllers like TouchOSC. so there is now a midi control setting. basic control supports cc's for selecting variants, controlling sequence playback positions, and a few other things on arp!0's main midi channel. extended control uses the next 4 midi channels above the main channel for 12x32 midi cc's for the 11 control sequences, plus one extra for dir metas. extended midi control also enables midi cc output for sequence edits and preset/variant changes. i have been routing midi out from the arp!0 track directly to the midi controller to keep things in sync. and fwiw, i put my testing arp!0 TouchOSC profile in the release zip:

(actually, i'm a bit disappointed that TouchOSC isn't more capable. turns out you can't really use TouchOSC button grids to set different values for a single midi cc with multiple buttons. so the arp!0 profile uses sliders in several places where buttons would make more sense. oh well.)

the doc pdf has been minimally updated for all this. questions welcome. and...

enjoy! /dan
Old 05-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #471
TonE

Sounds great, it seems I have to test arpbangzero, also now. Thanks for all your efforts.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #472
Anton9

Dan,

Lovin' the update so far! Things seem good.

Thank you,

Anton9
Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #473
Anton9

Just thought of something that could be really useful.., however I'm not sure if it would be possible? How about the ability to select multiple midi busses, perhaps using command/ctrl click? Somethings telling me that there may be a limitation in REAPER that won't allow this.., yes? no?

Anton9
Old 05-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #474
bang

Quote:
Just thought of something that could be really useful.., however I'm not sure if it would be possible? How about the ability to select multiple midi busses, perhaps using command/ctrl click? Somethings telling me that there may be a limitation in REAPER that won't allow this.., yes? no?
it could be done just by duplicating midi output on different busses. but that's better done by a post process fx maybe. like this:
Code:
desc:midi channel/bus changer

slider1:0<0,16,1{all,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16}>input channel
slider2:0<0,16,1{same,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16}>output channel
slider3:0<0,16,1{all,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16}>input bus
slider4:0<0,16,1{same,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16}>output bus
slider5:0<0,1,1{no,yes}>duplicate
slider6:0<0,1,1{no,yes}>exclusive

@init
ext_midi_bus= 1; 
in_pin:none;
out_pin:none;

@slider

inchan= slider1;
outchan= slider2;
inbus= slider3;
outbus= slider4;
dup= slider5;
nonex= !slider6;

@block

while (
  input= midirecv(mpos, msg1, msg23);
  input ?(
    //statusHi= msg1/16|0;
    statusLo= msg1 & $xf;
    //data2= msg23/256|0;
    //data1= msg23 & $xff;;
    filter= statusHi != 15 
      && (!inchan || statusLo == inchan-1) 
      && (!inbus || midi_bus == inbus-1); 
    filter ?( 
      dup ? midisend(mpos, msg1, msg23);
      outbus ? midi_bus= outbus-1;
      midisend(mpos, (msg1&$xf0) | (outchan?outchan-1:statusLo), msg23);
    ):(
      nonex ? midisend(mpos, msg1, msg23);
    );
  );
  input;
);
is this what you want Anton9?

enjoy! /dan

ps- duplicate sends both the original midi and the altered. otherwise midi on the input channel/bus is filtered. exclusive filters any input not on the input channel/bus.

Last edited by bang; 05-01-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: details. details.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #475
Anton9

Dan,

Thank you for you're response, that example doesn't quite do what I was looking for. Let me give you a scenario; Say I have 5 instruments all on the same track and each of their input busses are different. I have one instance of arp!0. I would like a way to send apr!0's output to any combination of the instruments.., examples; 1,3,5 or 1,2,5 or 1,2,3,5, or All.., etc.
A post process fx would be fine.., here is a quick mockup. It would be nice if it could be similar to this visually.

p.s. Stuck note protection when switching would be nice as well., save/load of presets would be cool too!

Thank you,

Anton
Old 05-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #476
bang

hi Anton,
Quote:
[...]I would like a way to send apr!0's output to any combination of the instruments.., examples; 1,3,5 or 1,2,5 or 1,2,3,5, or All.., etc.
A post process fx would be fine.., here is a quick mockup. It would be nice if it could be similar to this visually.

p.s. Stuck note protection when switching would be nice as well., save/load of presets would be cool too!
that would be a useful Js fx indeed. perhaps after i have rewritten arp!0 using the new features Justin has been adding recently it will be easier to reuse bits of the ui in other Js fx. but that is a ways off i'm afraid. you could accomplish the basic function of duplicating midi to several different busses by using several instances of the midi channel/bus changer Js. and it might not be too hard to modify that to have several outputs. but it wouldn't be as easy to use as your mockup. sorry i can't whip that up right now. :^) enjoy! /dan
Old 05-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #477
Anton9

[QUOTE=bang;955321]sorry i can't whip that up right now./QUOTE]

No worries .., I can be patient. In the mean time I think I could put your midi channel/bus changer Js to some use..., if it doesn't take to much time, do you think you could add in stuck note prevention? While testing I noticed stuck notes when changing channels or busses.

Thank you,

Anton
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 AM   #478
bang

Quote:
No worries .., I can be patient. In the mean time I think I could put your midi channel/bus changer Js to some use..., if it doesn't take to much time, do you think you could add in stuck note prevention? While testing I noticed stuck notes when changing channels or busses.
that's a bit harder than it might seem. so not right away. i kind of have my hands full getting arp!0 1.0 done just now. :^) sorry. i will keep it in mind. it would be useful. any other Js hackers out there want to pick this one up? enjoy! /dan
Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 AM   #479
TonE

Quote:
if it doesn't take to much time, do you think you could add in stuck note prevention? While testing I noticed stuck notes when changing channels or busses.
See my signature for a general purpose FR which should solve all such problems.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #480
boreg

Anton9, if I understand you correctly, what you want is my MIDI routing matrix:

boreg is offline   Reply With Quote