Old 09-29-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
liteon
Human being with feelings

Default ReaFir: Stereo Image section

Hello ,

I was wondering if it would be a cool thing to add a stereo image section into ReaFir.There aren't many stereo image EQ's out there tbh. Most of them are commercial and hugely priced - Ex: bx digital, psp neon.

Just awesome to be able to EQ the mono or stereo(M/S) image separately with ReaFir.

What do you fellas think about this?

Liteon
liteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:23 AM   #2
Art Evans
Mortal

Voxengo have an eq with MS processing - free I think - but I suspect that with a bit of deft work with track channels ReaFir could be used the way you have in mind anyway. Not that I plan to try myself...
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
liteon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Evans View Post
Voxengo have an eq with MS processing - free I think - but I suspect that with a bit of deft work with track channels ReaFir could be used the way you have in mind anyway. Not that I plan to try myself...
Actually yeah Voxengo has the CurveEQ for MS processing (I have it licensed - its not free). The free plugin is the MSED m/s matrix and there are workarounds with duplicating tracks - 1 for the mid and one for the side and separate eq processing on both.

Having this in one dedicated plugin is really cool.
The way CurveEQ works. You basically must have 2 instances one after another on a channel. One set to Mid other one set to Side.

This is just a suggestion anyway ReaFir could pwon some commercial EQ's really bad (some priced at 700euro like bx digital)

Last edited by liteon; 09-29-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
plush2

I believe the ms voxengo plugin referred to is the free GEQ which allows for seperate mid/side and multi-channel routing under the new interface. It's a very cool freebie that sounds great.
plush2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:17 AM   #5
liteon

Quote:
Originally Posted by plush2 View Post
I believe the ms voxengo plugin referred to is the free GEQ which allows for seperate mid/side and multi-channel routing under the new interface. It's a very cool freebie that sounds great.
I completely forgot about the GEQ tbh. However it goes down to -12db only and cannot be used as a filter HP, LP. Really a great sounding EQ no doubt!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
plush2

True, it does have it's limitations. One cool thing I discovered about GEQ is that you can change the frequency value of each slider by double clicking on the numerical value and typing in a new one. While this does nothing for the lack of Shelves, LP and HP filters it does add a whole new level of usefulness.
plush2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #7
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

It looks like it is posisble now to get a M/S and Stereo version of Reafir using that wrapper :
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228448

Tha author of the split plugin creator made it for the NoName eq :
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...263905#3263905
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote