Old 06-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #201
hopi
Human being with feelings

thanks Heda... right I did something like with basically empty items colored black..... and put them between the items with notes...

however it would be much easier to just have the script show black when there is no item, ...right?
Old 06-07-2015, 05:01 AM   #202
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
thanks Heda... right I did something like with basically empty items colored black..... and put them between the items with notes...

however it would be much easier to just have the script show black when there is no item, ...right?
Of course. that is a temporary workaround until the script does this. I normally have configured the script for black or very dark background always.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:42 AM   #203
X-Raym

Hi Heda !
I found some bugs on the actual v0.96 eel

<u><i><b>Text</u></i></b> display text</i>
<b><i><u>♪ BOnjour ♪</u></i></b> only display ♪ BOnjour ♪

:P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:04 AM   #204
heda

The first one... Is that proper HTML, changing the order in nesting the tags? I don't know. The second one, I don't know why it doesn't work, but I hope that part of the code will be better in the Lua translation. In fact I have it all translated to Lua except that part heh
Old 07-09-2015, 03:31 AM   #205
X-Raym

You are right for example 1, messing with tag order is not html friendly, of course.
It was bit confusing to write that on a mobile, i didn't noticed that there was an error in my report.
I will test that again to see what went wrong.
Becauwe V5 will came out soon, I am writing an article that explain all lf the new things to know for subtitling with text items
Old 07-09-2015, 03:52 AM   #206
X-Raym

Ok got it,

<b><i><ul>Bonjour</ul></i></b> => <ul>Bonjour</ul></i>

While testing it appears that there is other errors so I guess I will wait the Lua version before making an intense debugging ^^

But I know you are already very busy with your Loudness graph... :P That said, I'm waiting patiently for all updates about the Notes Reader, as it is really a game changer script for my subtitling workflow

Note that the Color from background function is broken on Mac, just as with the loudness graph (blue blackground items appears orange in notes reader when background color from item is choosen)... I hope that cockos will dig the subject as it is a major problem for script like this one.

(For a future note reader update, if you need the wordwrap code snippet I showcased in another thread, it is on my github under Templates).

Cheers !
Old 07-09-2015, 04:11 AM   #207
heda

I am also hoping Cockos will fix this color issue. I don't want to fix the code just to have to revert it back again when they fix it... or at least the y could say something about it, to know if we have to fix the scripts or not..

the problem is that I am busy with other things, not REAPER related. If I could be full time programming, Loudness Graph would be already finished. And Notes Reader too. I'm not finding too much time for scripting this month. Not as much as I would want to. Life is complicated.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:20 AM   #208
X-Raym

Quote:
Life is complicated.
Definitely.
Be sure you have our friendly support. Even for non-REAPER rellated stuffs.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:00 AM   #209
X-Raym

Hi heda !

It's been a whilew I hope all is fine for you and your projects

I was making some dubbing and I face a small error in eel Notes Reader 0.96 : it seems than display next notes doesn't display multiple lines text items. The first line of the next fade nicely, but the other are displayed as lines of current item.

Thank your for listening
Old 10-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #210
musicbynumbers

Heda,, your notes reader is amazing!

Just tried out the different things it does. so cool!

There's talk on another thread about using the "video processor" plugin in reaper to create a script that could print something like your notes straight on to the video but I don't know if that's possible because they might not talk to each other or be able to see each others' variables etc.

Experimented with anything like that yet?
Old 10-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #211
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Heda,, your notes reader is amazing!
@musicbynumbers Thank you very much
Yes I think video effects are EEL code. But I haven't experimented with them yet. Maybe it is totally possible to retrieve the text from the items and display them in the video window! Or maybe not.. I have no idea. I need to experiment with it a bit.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:40 AM   #212
X-Raym

@heda
No reascript function seems to be recognized by the video processor =/
Old 10-06-2015, 09:47 AM   #213
musicbynumbers

Now I'm turned between the excitement of what heda said and then the sadness at what x-raym said next..

Sigh.. What a cruel world!
Old 10-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #214
heda

oh...
well... then there it goes another feature request devs!
Old 10-06-2015, 01:13 PM   #215
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
oh...
well... then there it goes another feature request devs!
I'll be voting for that and will pull others to vote for it too as it would be super useful to have these two things linked some how
Old 10-07-2015, 07:18 AM   #216
musicbynumbers

Heda and X-Raym..

Just wondered if either of you had a script for bulk entering item notes?

So the selected items got the same note.

I use item notes on PIP items to allow me to very quickly select and render a certain set of items.

I name them stuff like "render_set3" and then in sws find I can search for "set3" and quickly re-render out all of those items at once.

So far though, you can't group rename so hopefully someone has a script for it but I've not found one yet.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:11 AM   #217
X-Raym

@musicbynumbers
On this thread Scripts (LUA): Text Items Formatting Actions (vavrious)
You will find my Item Notes Processor (just updated).

Last edited by X-Raym; 10-07-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:45 AM   #218
X-Raym

@musicbynumbers
Note: If you don't like the item Notes Processor or if you need something more powerful, you can still use the SWS take label processor, and use my X-Raym_Swap selected item notes and take name.lua script.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:32 AM   #219
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@musicbynumbers
On this thread Scripts (LUA): Text Items Formatting Actions (vavrious)
You will find my Item Notes Processor (just updated).
Awesome! thanks.

I knew you'd probably have something like this lying around. I can't believe how easy it is sometimes to miss good scripts here!

EDIT: Actually, I think this is part of your folders I've not had a chance to look through yet so all good. Will do now!
Old 11-22-2015, 08:41 AM   #220
ludwigmueller

Thank you so much Heda! This is greeeeat
ludwigmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:02 AM   #221
Fabian

Just found this... Brilliant idea and great implementation!
Thanks a lot.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:31 AM   #222
RSG

heda

Thank you very much for your notes reader. I am using it to put up lyrics and chords as songs progress - for the forgetful or new band members.

I use track 1 for chords and then a child track 2 for lyrics. Great stuff.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:33 AM   #223
heda

@ludwigmueller @Fabian @RSG Thank you very much. Yes I use it with Lyrics and Chords too. You can also use it without child track using two instances in separated docked windows. One for lyrics and another for chords. To do this you can create a duplicate of the script file and edit an internal variable inside it sectionname = "NotesReader"; to a different name like"NotesReaderChords" for example.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:45 AM   #224
RSG

Hi Heda

I set up a copy of the ell script and named it Heda_Notes Chrods Reader.eel with a sectionname of NotesReaderChords.

There seems to be another Mac problem like the one that prevents window docking mentioned in previous posts of this thread. When I try and run the script I get:

Error: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/HeDa_ Notes Chords Reader.eel:127: syntax error: 'font_name = " <!> Arial"'

I get it trying to run either the copy of the script or the script itself. When I remove the copy script from Reaper everything is ok. I seem to be able to run two windows from the same script but I'm not going to change anything to do that, given that is not supposed to work. I was looking forward to having separate background colours for the two tracks. Nevermind - still very happy with what I have so far.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:20 AM   #225
heda

I don't know, it should work
Are you sure you only modified the sectioname ?

font_name = "Arial";
cannot be a syntax error. That's a simple variable for the font you want to use. I don't know if Macs have Arial.I can't test it on a mac, sorry.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:53 AM   #226
Sumalc

Sorry to hack... Notes Reader work perfectly here but window place is not kept in memory, and i can't dock it.
I use a macboock OS Snow Leopard.
Thank you Heda in advance.
Sumalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #227
RSG

Heda

Thank you. Seeing that the font command was the next thing down in your script it has to be my error. I tried again, but this time uncommented your 'secondary' section name that was already provided (commenting out the original sectionname with two //s) and it worked.
I now have two Heda note buttons on my toolbar. This means we have the choice of displaying one or the other or both of the lyrics and chords now. Thank you.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:25 AM   #228
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumalc View Post
Sorry to hack... Notes Reader work perfectly here but window place is not kept in memory, and i can't dock it.
I use a macboock OS Snow Leopard.
Thank you Heda in advance.
we still don't have a way to place a window at specific coordinates so the only way to have it opening at a position is to dock it. Why can't you dock it? Try right click to open the options one it is docked and press SAVE. Then the docker id will be stored for next time it opens.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #229
X-Raym

@heda
On Mac, you can't right click on top bar of GFX script to dock it.
I don't know if this problem has already been reported.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:43 AM   #230
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@heda
On Mac, you can't right click on top bar of GFX script to dock it.
I don't know if this problem has already been reported.
oh I see.. I didn't know that. Maybe I missed it. But can you right click to show the options? Then I should add a button there to dock it.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #231
Sumalc

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
oh I see.. I didn't know that. Maybe I missed it. But can you right click to show the options? Then I should add a button there to dock it.
Yes right click to show options work.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:18 AM   #232
Sumalc

I saw that in Colorswatch thread about window positionning ? but i think it was for lua (i don't know anything about programming ;-) :

reaper.Main_OnCommand(reaper.NamedCommandLookup('_ BR_MOVE_WINDOW_TO_MOUSE_H_R_V_B'),0)
Old 01-30-2016, 02:16 AM   #233
RSG

I am glad that there is a potential fix for the Mac docking problem - being on a Mac as well.
I hope you won't mind me asking a question about sub projects and the secondary notes reader box. I have all my songs (27) set up as sub projects that are opened from a main project by double clicking the audio.
Track 1 has the chords displayed and, as I go from sub project to sub project, the primary heda notes reader always picks up the notes for the new song. I do have that track selected as part of the saved subproject.
Track 2 has the lyrics but unfortunately the secondary notes reader does not pick up the lyrics automatically, even though when you look at its saved settings the track ID is set to 2. So each time the secondary notes reader must be closed, track 2 selected, the notes reader re-opened, right click to get options, select the track ID of 2 to get the lyrics displayed, then save settings.
Is there anything I could do about this, other than going back to the parent/child single notes reader approach?
Old 02-18-2016, 06:41 PM   #234
Publicradio

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm more interested in having the notes show in the media item than I am in the reader itself.

When I add a note to a media item, I just get an icon. I would like to be able to see my note inline like in the example. Is this part of the script? Because I ran the script but just got the reader.

I'm tired of looking at 'Untitled MIDI Item' for so many of my items, so I thought I would hide labels and use this for optional labels.
Publicradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:29 PM   #235
heda

@RSG: I think I may have to rewrite NotesReader in Lua language and make some changes. I have it 50% done. Because right now I don't find myself capable of switching back to EEL

@Publicradio: No. that's not part of the script. That's how REAPER displays the notes in empty items. Must be empty items. Doesn't work in MIDI items.
You should name the track before adding midi items to it, so they don't get the "untitled item" label or you can rename them afterwards with SWS label processor.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:07 AM   #236
Publicradio

heda, thanks for the reply. Even if I name my track 'xxx', then create a new midi item, it will be called 'xxx untitled MIDI item'. I would prefer that my items aren't labeled at all until I do it manually. I see that the label processor can wipe out all take labels at once. Can it also set label defaults?
Publicradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:03 AM   #237
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publicradio View Post
heda, thanks for the reply. Even if I name my track 'xxx', then create a new midi item, it will be called 'xxx untitled MIDI item'. I would prefer that my items aren't labeled at all until I do it manually. I see that the label processor can wipe out all take labels at once. Can it also set label defaults?
oops you are totally right... when drawing the items manually they get the untitled MIDI item suffix. Recording items get "Recorded MIDI" suffix. I've never bothered with it.

You can hide/Show the labels with the actions "View: Show item labels" and "View: Hide item labels"
Old 02-19-2016, 09:11 PM   #238
Brado231

Just stumbled across this today... it is fantastic!!

Thanks Heda for all of your work on it.
Brado231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:37 AM   #239
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brado231 View Post
Just stumbled across this today... it is fantastic!!

Thanks Heda for all of your work on it.
Thank you! This script needs some updates that I will try to do after I finish with other script I am doing now.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #240
Brado231

I updated your script to allow entering of X and Y coordinates (into script) for window position for anyone who is interested. Put the updated version on your site if you like?

NOTE: Requires Reaper v5.20 or above
Attached Files
File Type: zip HeDa_ Notes Reader (R5).zip (8.1 KB, 141 views)
Brado231 is offline   Reply With Quote