Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 05-10-2017, 01:13 AM   #1
reijatsu
Human being with feelings

Default No sound after exporting Reaper project from Windows PC to Mac.

Hello, so my band recorded song in a studio using Reaper on a Windows PC and after we were done we exported the project file with all .wav files included to my computer which runs Mac OS X.
The problem is that when I open the project and click playback there is no sound at all.
At first thought that I may have faulty audio setting, but no because I opened new project, record some stuff and had sound when tried to listen to it.
If you need more details to understand my problem feel free to ask.
reijatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reijatsu View Post
Hello, so my band recorded song in a studio using Reaper on a Windows PC and after we were done we exported the project file with all .wav files included to my computer which runs Mac OS X.
The problem is that when I open the project and click playback there is no sound at all.
During playback, do you see any meter movement on the individual Tracks and on the Master Track?
If that's the case you might have to check/change the Hardware Output of the Master Track (starting at around 2:45 in the video): www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCoxSmr-2VU

Otherwise are there any error or missing file messages when loading the project on OSX?
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
vdubreeze

Are there waveforms on the files? If you quit Reaper and click on the audio files they should open to your default player, probably either Quicktime Player or iTunes. What happens if you play a file in one of those?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
serr

Quote:
Originally Posted by reijatsu View Post
At first thought that I may have faulty audio setting, but no because I opened new project, record some stuff and had sound when tried to listen to it.
If you need more details to understand my problem feel free to ask.
There are no differences between Windows and OSX for Reaper as far as .rpp project files and audio files are concerned.

You must have something in the project like a master hardware output routed differently (from using a different system with a different interface and channel assignments). Look for operator error like that. It's not related to anything OSX vs. Windows.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote