Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 02-18-2018, 06:49 AM   #1
JacqueH
Human being with feelings

Default Restore/Reset SWS Warning Dialog-how?

I've been using the SWS extension to do tempo mapping. From time to time I would get a warning dialog, something to the effect of 'that can't be done because it will affect something else in a bad way.'
Most of the time I just dismiss the warning, but the last time I saw it I accidentally clicked the "do not show this again" button. I did not mean to do that! I would like to restore the program's ability to show this warning message. I have gotten to a point where I can't do my tempo mapping the way I was, and I think understanding the warning message would help me.
I have looked through the Reaper preferences and haven't found anything that seems like it would 'show all warnings' or 'reset warning preferences' or similar. I'd rather not reset all the default Reaper settings just for this.
Suggestions? Thanks in advance!
JacqueH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
solger

In general, SWS related options or dialogs can be enabled/disabled via the menu Extensions > SWS Options

If this doesn't solve the problem, can you please describe your usual steps for doing the tempo mapping. This way it might be easier to find out which warning dialog this is exactly ...

Last edited by solger; 02-18-2018 at 03:35 PM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:16 AM   #3
JacqueH

Default re-enable visible grid lines

Thanks for your reply, help is appreciated.

I don't find anything that will "reset" my having checked the 'don't show again' button in the Extensions > SWS Options menu.

As for what I'm trying to do:
I have a track that was recorded free - not to a click. The singer/songwriter naturally varies in tempo a bit, so I'm trying map the tempo variations in order to add in MIDI elements.

1) I play along with the recorded track, adding a 'click' by playing a note on my MIDI keyboard.
2) I use SWS to make markers of each of those MIDI notes which are downbeats.
3) I go through the track from the beginning, placing the cursor on one of the markers and using the SWS "Move closest measure grid line to play cursor" command.
4) This isn't working, and I assume it's because of the error which is no longer announced to me.

In writing up this description for you, something occurred to me. I had turned off the visible grid lines for another reason. I turned them back on and now the command works (at least it worked once just now). So something of an ID10T error ... it looks like with the visible grid lines turned back on, the feature is going to work.

That's a relief. Thank you for asking the question, I might not have thought of that for a while without someone "looking over my shoulder."

I'd still like to know how to re-enable the warning, because I do want to understand it. But that's less pressing now.

I'm going to leave this post/thread in place, to show hubris and also in case it's helpful to someone else in the future.

Keywords: SWS "Move measure grid line" "visible grid" tempo map
JacqueH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:37 AM   #4
solger

I guess this is the warning dialog you're looking for:

Looks like that hiding it - by pressing [No] - only applies to the current Reaper 'session'. And after restarting Reaper this warning is re-enabled/shown again by default ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sws-moving-grid-warning.jpg (22.7 KB, 483 views)

Last edited by solger; 02-21-2018 at 04:52 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote