Old 08-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
sisamuth
Human being with feelings

Default vocal effect

hey im new to the forums and ive only been using reaper for about a week. im planning on purchasing a license. when u buy a license, is reaper any different than the trial? ok so ive been using reaper to record vocal covers for band like suicide silence, bring me the horizon, stone sour and slipknot (if u wanna hear them they are on youtube just search "trew faxx"). i hardly know how to use the effects. i wanna do a cover of Get Inside by Stone Sour. does anyone know what effects i would use to get the sound corey taylor uses in the verses? i searched around on the forums but when i read the threads i was like wtf does all this mean?!?! compressors? vocoder? wtf!?
sisamuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
gmaniaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisamuth View Post
hey im new to the forums and ive only been using reaper for about a week. im planning on purchasing a license. when u buy a license, is reaper any different than the trial? ok so ive been using reaper to record vocal covers for band like suicide silence, bring me the horizon, stone sour and slipknot (if u wanna hear them they are on youtube just search "trew faxx"). i hardly know how to use the effects. i wanna do a cover of Get Inside by Stone Sour. does anyone know what effects i would use to get the sound corey taylor uses in the verses? i searched around on the forums but when i read the threads i was like wtf does all this mean?!?! compressors? vocoder? wtf!?
I'm not familiar with them other than the 20 seconds I listened to on youtube just now.

The rapping at the start you need to add an EQ effect: ReaEQ for example and create a narrow band of boost somewhere above 2000K while dropping all the other frequencies a fair bit.

Do a search for vocal fx chain or similar on this forum and on Google in general. I'm sure you'll find someone more knowledgeable than me that'll point you in the right direction for the right fx to use.

Then experiment, experiment, experiment... It's fun after all.
gmaniaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
DerMetzgermeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisamuth View Post
i searched around on the forums but when i read the threads i was like wtf does all this mean?!?! compressors? vocoder? wtf!?
DerMetzgermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
sisamuth

thx gmaniaxe and dermetzgermeister hahahahh thats exactly what its like
sisamuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:30 AM   #5
Mich

I think it would help if you would just post a link to the sound examples you are talking about (youtube link + time and duration in the video) so people don't have to waste any time hunting down what you are talking about (when they even bother at all).
Mich is offline   Reply With Quote