Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
dea-man
Human being with feelings

Default Two Questions: Reascales and Groove Tool

1. Where exactly, in the Reaper Resources path, do you install Reascales? (Is it AppData/Roaming/Reaper/Data/ixscales???)

2. Is the Groove Tool for use only with Dynamically Split Audio, or can it be used for midi scales as well?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea-man View Post
2. Is the Groove Tool for use only with Dynamically Split Audio, or can it be used for midi scales as well?
It can be well used for Midi as well. That's how I use it mainly. One nice thing is you can (groove-)quantize several Midi clips at once from the arrange window which Reaper can't natively for now afaik.
But what do you mean by Midi scales ?
Scales for me is more a term related to musical keys and harmonies, while the Groove Tool is about rhythmic stuff.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
dea-man

Default Thanks for your response.

I was just playing with the Reascales feature (thus my first question)and I thought, "Oh, I'll just chose a strange scale and copy it several times and then use the groove tool to add some rhythmic interest, but I could not see how to apply it to the selected midi events, in the the midi editor.

That's when I began to suspect the groove tool could only be used for "audio", but I wasn't successful in getting a groove applied to "audio", either.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #4
nofish

Ah, I understand now.

The thing with extensions (like the groove tool) is that extension developers can't register actions directly in the Midi editor, so all this stuff (be it Midi related or not) is found in the main section of the action list.

This should get you started hopefully (forgot about posting this in my previous reply)

http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.ph...rs_Groove_Tool
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote