Old 09-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
Curvespace
Human being with feelings

Default Consolidate/stem question

I've been playing around with the consolidate and render options but have not managed to achieve my desired results. I would like to be able to render each individual track and open them in a new project, like a stem render (I think?) but I'd like the tracks to have been through their various sends as they are rendered.

It would be the equivalent of soloing one track, rendering it, unsoloing it, soloing the next track, rendering that etc. and then having them all open to fresh tracks in a new project.

I do quite a lot of weird routing, but when I get 'round to mixing a project I want to have everything bounced down first so I have maximum CPU to play with (I've got an ancient machine).

Firstly, does any of that make sense?! Secondly, any ideas?
Cheers,
Curvespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #2
semiquaver

well I think you could easily enough make a macro that does exactly what you described (if Bevoss hasn't made one already , no? ie action:set loop point, solo currently selected track, render, unsolo track, select next track, prompt to go to action loop start.

Then just open a new project, drag your rendered files, select ?add on seperate tracks and you're done...
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
Curvespace

Ahh, nice one. I was thinking that there must be a way to do it with actions but figured that I might be missing the other ('proper'?) way to do it which would include normal render functionality like 'don't render silences longer than 30 seconds'.

Thanks for the tip though, it'll do me just fine
Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
semiquaver

there is an auto-split action that can be configured to remove the silences - you could automate silence removal for all your tracks as above...

Reaper is like a vast megalopolis (I live in LA...) where you end up kind of piecing together the city you need from what you can reach. Takes a little time to get it together but you end up with something special.

I think in the 'useful macro thread' over in the 'Tips and Tricks' forum that there is a macro that will go through the clips in a track and render them out seperately - there are a bunch of very cool things there...
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
Curvespace

Thanks man.

I'm aware of the extraordinary power of the actions, but having not been using Reaper all 'that' long, I've predominantly stuck to the basics (freeze, zoom part etc.). I think think it's time I venture over to the macro forum and get stuck in.