Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
earlabs
Human being with feelings

Default inaudible cuts

I am cutting one droney work into regions which are going to be tracks on a disc. Of course the sound needs to continue when track 1 ends and track 2 starts. Now I hear a slight notch during this transition. How to avoid that? I checked end of one file and start of second file in the marker manager and it's all precise.
Reaper adds the fades between the tracks but even if I short these to minimum I still hear the transition.

EDIT Forget it! Found that I need to go to sample level to get the markers EXACTLY connected... the marker list is useless there...

Last edited by earlabs; 02-20-2013 at 12:13 AM. Reason: making myself more clear (hopefully)
earlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:33 AM   #2
planetnine

What was up Earlabs? What was the workflow that didn't work?

Were you cross-fading, butting-up contiguous items or non-contiguous sections? Was it the markers that let you down?

>
Old 02-20-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
earlabs

No, I set up regions, checked the regions in the region manager window (the end of track one had the same timestamp as the beginning of track 2), and rendered. Upon checking the transition point I noticed the notch. Only after a couple hairs torn out I discovered that the region manager is worthless, and that I should check at sample level whether the regions were really accurately set one after the other. It appeared that there was a gap between them of a fraction of a second. Now all is fine.
That's what you get after 12 rounds of test rendering.... you get impatient and start making mistakes like this.