Old 11-28-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
plush2
Human being with feelings

Default Can I activate track envelopes from reascript?

I would like to create a script that activates a number of previously inactive track envelopes. Is this possible?

I can see how they can be easily armed once they have been manually activated but I would like to grab the names of track controls that are not yet activated and set them.

I wonder if it is possible through the csurf commands since controllers surely must have the ability to activate parameters for automation.
plush2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Xenakios

I think manipulating the envelopes is still a sore point not only in ReaScript but also for C++ extensions... :-/ It involves getting, parsing and setting the envelope state text chunk. Also, I don't think there's an API to add a new envelope to a track, so still more manipulation of the text state chunks is needed. (To add envelopes, then of the track state text.)
Old 11-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
plush2

So do I have it right to say that it can be done...but it's really tricky and complex?
plush2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by plush2 View Post
So do I have it right to say that it can be done...but it's really tricky and complex?
In a language like Python that has nice facilities for handling text built-in, it's not so complicated as such, but it still just feels hacky and unreliable to do it like that...I can't guarantee by the way it would actually work, as I haven't tested that particularly (making an envelope active for a track). I am just making a guess it should work if the envelope state text chunk is added to the track state chunk. There are some problems when manipulating the track state text, for example that plugins may get unloaded and then reloaded and so on. (Which can take quite a lot of time and that might disturb the playback and whatever.)
Old 07-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
Zilby

Hi Plush2, did you ever manage to get it sorted out???.
Zilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #6
Zilby

Hi All, for anyone who's interested, got it all up and running using Xenakios' suggested method. works really well. Haven't tried executing it during play back (haven't needed to really) but works great otherwise. Coded it quite specifically to my needs but would be easy enough to change for alternative functionality. Happy to share the code if anyone wants a copy.
Zilby is offline   Reply With Quote