Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #1
bapu
Human being with feelings

Default SONAR Platinum updated - March release 23.3.0.51

FYI, SONAR Platinum released 23.3.0.51

SONAR 2017.03 Update Now Available!

This month’s release for SONAR Platinum, Professional, and Artist brings new features to the Piano Roll view and introduces MIDI Bluetooth Support using the new UWP MIDI Engine. This release also contains additional fixes & enhancements to many key elements of SONAR.
New Features

Piano Roll View Enhancements
Cakewalk reaches back to its MIDI sequencing roots to optimize SONAR’s core MIDI editing for today’s generation of virtual instruments. The SONAR 2017.03 update addresses modern MIDI music production needs through a redesign of the Piano Roll View (PRV) Track Pane and the Controller Pane. From efficient, simple controller editing to clean and focused MIDI track selection, SONAR has transformed MIDI editing from tedious to transparent.

You can now click any MIDI track to bring that data into focus, while Auto Lock prevents you from accidentally editing MIDI data from other tracks. Color-coding relates tracks to data for easy identification in complex projects. The re-designed Track Pane displays twice as many tracks in the same amount of space as before, and now allows you to take advantage of SONAR’s unique Smart Swipe feature that lets you select, mute, solo, or arm multiple tracks with a single, quick gesture.

UWP MIDI Engine & Bluetooth MIDI Support
Microsoft have introduced a new API standard for using MIDI on Windows as part of the Universal Windows Platform architecture. With this comes many new advantages including Bluetooth MIDI support and Multi-Client access to MIDI ports. UWP MIDI provides a modern way to communicate with MIDI devices and can be extended to support newer MIDI protocols/interfaces. To enable this in SONAR go to, Preferences | MIDI | Playback and Recording and set the MIDI driver mode to UWP

Fixes and Enhancements

Double-clicking a track could fail to maximize strip height in some situations

Track view no longer flickers when reordering tracks in large projects

Adjusting Take lanes height longer allows the Edit Filter to overlap other controls

Excluded synths no longer show in Instruments plug-in lists

SONAR no longer disappears behind other programs when switching Lenses

Help will now correctly launch from Preferences | MIDI | Playback & Recording

Exporting as Raw Tracks - No Automation/FX now preserves the Comp on an audio track

New updates to SONAR no longer revert the theme to Tungsten after installing

Fixed a possible crash when dragging a MIDI clip to Matrix in localized versions of SONAR

The power indicator for a FX Bin will now stay in sync with the Frozen/Unfrozen state of a track

VST3 plug-ins now display correctly in the registered Plug-ins list in Plug-in Manager

Aim Assist now displays correctly when using the arrow keys to scroll in the PRV

The mouse position no longer displays only in the PRV when Aim Assist is turned off

Last edited by bapu; 03-28-2017 at 01:35 PM.
bapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:14 PM   #2
BobF
Human being with feelings

Thanks for the heads up!
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote