Old 09-16-2016, 09:49 PM   #41
sightlessness
Human being with feelings

Thanks for sharing on my laptop looks awesome. Like bloody super cool Wow. I will check it out on my tv tomorrow, to see how it translates. But so far this is my fave (it changes every now and then, lol).
Old 09-18-2016, 11:51 AM   #42
BigLoveShow

[QUOTE=lucas_LCS;1728760]what about it is giving you trouble?

The folders (in my opinion) need to be "layerd" in position.. not with the collor buton only.. in your imperials folders look great... In solaris the begin and the end of folderr marks with button only.. A children tracks not moving to the right a little bit...
BigLoveShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #43
Vagalume

This theme is perfect .... I would use it right now but the tracks are so high in the TCP ... when u have 200 tracks u need a layout which saves space. I need more tracks at sight. Anyway ty for ur effort, if you add smaller layouts for the tcp and mcp will be really cool.

Well done !!
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:17 PM   #44
sightlessness

43 inches tv, full hd resolution, this thing looks great. Thanks so much. Now, anyone has a loading image to go with this theme? If it was animated as original it would be better of course, loool. Really, anyone? (love this theme I think this one is the one that will remain for years on my end, gray balance is so good).

How can I change master channel slider (mixer). I'd like to have it red or blue or something.

Last edited by sightlessness; 09-19-2016 at 08:06 PM.
sightlessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:26 AM   #45
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness View Post
43 inches tv, full hd resolution, this thing looks great. Thanks so much.
You're welcome!
I really like it on my 39" LED TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness View Post
How can I change master channel slider (mixer). I'd like to have it red or blue or something.
This option will be available the new version I'm working on.

lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #46
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagalume View Post
This theme is perfect .... I would use it right now but the tracks are so high in the TCP ... when u have 200 tracks u need a layout which saves space. I need more tracks at sight. Anyway ty for ur effort, if you add smaller layouts for the tcp and mcp will be really cool.

Well done !!
When the TCP tracks are at their smallest height you should have about 26 tracks in view with a display that supports 1080 resolution.
If you are getting less using that resolution, try making the tracks smaller by hitting the ' ~ ' key on your keyboard (unless you've re-purposed that key for something else).

The upcoming new version has thin or 'strip' layouts for the MCP.
It should also have TCP layouts that compact down to the height of the track label, but that's still on the 'To Do' list.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:41 PM   #47
sightlessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
You're welcome!
I really like it on my 39" LED TV.

This option will be available the new version I'm working on.

Really LCS very nice of ya. Thanks very much already for this great theme.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #48
lucas_LCS

Couple of teasers for the curious.
see attached photos.
Probably need another month on the MCP.
I haven't touched the TCP yet.
That will probably need another month as least.
Below are 2 screenshots with several MCP layouts.
The first screenshot is with the MCP docked to left and most layouts at full height.
The second screenshot shows the MCP docked on the bottom with the same set of layouts compacted or minimized.
Most of the tracks in the photos have been colored because I was testing the R5 transparency feature.
The blue to the far left and right sides are the actual track color.
It's very close to the the original blue background, but transparent enough allowing the tracks to be colored.
Note that the wide spacer is the only one using up a track or channel.

Solaris v.2.0
https://stash.reaper.fm/28562/Solaris...2-teaser-1.png
https://stash.reaper.fm/28563/Solaris...2-teaser-2.png

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 09-28-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:07 PM   #49
drichard

Outstanding!!!

I'm so glad to see both wide and narrow mixer strips. I use that capability a lot. I love the bigger meter options too. This is first-rate stuff.

Quote:
Couple of teasers for the curious.
see attached photos.
Probably need another month on the MCP.
I haven't touched the TCP yet.
That will probably need another month as least.
Below are 2 screenshots with several MCP layouts.
The first screenshot is with the MCP docked to left and most layouts at full height.
The second screenshot shows the MCP docked on the bottom with the same set of layouts compacted or minimized.
Most of the tracks in the photos have been colored because I was testing the R5 transparency feature.
The blue to the far left and right sides are the actual track color.
It's very close to the the original blue background, but transparent enough allowing the tracks to be colored.
Note that the wide spacer is the only one using up a track or channel.

Solaris v.2.0
https://stash.reaper.fm/28562/Solaris...2-teaser-1.png
https://stash.reaper.fm/28563/Solaris...2-teaser-2.png
drichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:36 AM   #50
+NRG

Very Nice!
Old 09-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #51
Never

Looks really good Lucas!! Better than your first mod, and definately more
refined and versatile than the original Solaris.
I see u got the sendlist and fxparm elements looking uncluttered and
more useable than they were...and you figured out after checking 176 files
that the black box on the sendlist is just the meter zeroline..and the panel
is already black, its a slight blue overlay in the background of the meter
image that makes it seem like the whole element is blue and the last
quarter inch is black. Add the zeroline and u get the impression of the box.
I think you are right about these elements not needing a knob or
arrows or anything else..u got a meter..u got a tooltip.
Taking away some of the little unneeded cosmetic details really opens it up
and makes it easier on the eyes. I love it.
Never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:13 PM   #52
Never

Oh and I see now that you removed the blue background from the
sendlist_meter....so yeah it looks awesome and I am super picky
about the sendlist elements...
Old 10-01-2016, 10:01 AM   #53
lucas_LCS

@ drichard & +NRG
Thanks!

@ Never
Thanks!
I suspected the 'box' was an optical illusion, just took some time to find all the elements.
Having the same problem with the line that separates the FXlist, FXParm & Sendlist in the ExtMixer
I'm also still debating whether to just lose the Sendlist volume meter.
I sort of like, but it does clutter the area and it's not necessary (at least, for me).
Old 10-14-2016, 04:20 AM   #54
Never

Quote:
@ drichard & +NRG
Thanks!

@ Never
Thanks!
I suspected the 'box' was an optical illusion, just took some time to find all the elements.
Having the same problem with the line that separates the FXlist, FXParm & Sendlist in the ExtMixer
I'm also still debating whether to just lose the Sendlist volume meter.
I sort of like, but it does clutter the area and it's not necessary (at least, for me).
So, I been away for awhile and u may or may have not figured everything out but I figured I would let u know what I was seeing, and again, on this one, such a steep curve because you are dealing with a hacked theme and one of albert's early ones, so, there are elements missing, elements that have glitches, different resolutions, elements that have been repurposed far from what they were originally intended to be used for, and generally, when I look through the main folder, I shiver like I am naked in the snow.

all of the mcp_fxparm,fxlist,sendlist_bg images have lines at the top and bottom. Originally, HOWT used just a small line here to seperate the areas. Here it looks like they are used to box in the areas, and in one case, the fxlist, he actually used the fxlist_empty image instead of the fxlist_bg image to do this. So that is where your lines are. Also most of these are a black line with a lt. gray transparency to show lighting fx.

I just put the diagram on the right so u can get a feel for how things are arranged under HOWT's original setup, and if you look at those images under the solaris main folder and compare what is there to whats in the diagram, you may say....well no wonder this is weird to mod.
Also the fxlist,fxparm,sendlist_bgsel images are missing, so you may want to add those.

Add - I forgot I wanted to tell you that on the extmixer_bg/bgsel - this element takes fill color exactly like the mpc_bg/bgsel....well with the fxlist,fxparm,sendlist_bg/bgsel elements being transparent, or at least partially transparent, that fill color will show thru, obviously, but you can force the entire extended mixer to take no fill color by making the fxlist, fxparm, sendlist bg/bgsel images completely opaque, and the same size as the extmix_bg/bgsel image.

Last edited by Never; 10-14-2016 at 04:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:50 AM   #55
Never

So, I wanted to let u know what I saw with the individual elements for the fxlist, fxparm, sendlist_empty, norm, byp, mute, off.

On some of these I noticed that certain states are wider than others.
Obviously this will cause the image to change size when rolled over and pressed, and depending on the original correct size, it may make the element overhang or underfit the intended WALTERED area.
Also I noticed, on this and alot of other portions of the theme there are bits of painting in the areas that are around the image, where only pink (and yellow) bits should be. I know this isn't really supposed to show or hurt, just as bad lines of code in WALTER aren't supposed to hurt -- but add this to all the other little inconsistancies and it gets maddening. Also I have seen these show through in certain circumstances.

Also, some of the elements have different amounts of free pixels between the image itself and the outer boundary (Dia. 1 & 2), and in the extended mixer, that's a no no because you get things that overhang or underfit here as well.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:02 AM   #56
Never

I know that all this stuff is leftover trimmings from the original author, and you may actually want to start over on these panels, or fix the first one, make a template, and dupe it out and alter it for the rest. It will give you ease of labor, piece of mind, and be alot quicker than fixing all of the different elements.

I included a quick diagram here, and instead of copying the elements, I actually created them in the diagram, and it only took me five mins to make all three elements which would become ALL of the extended mixer top elements.

I do it this way because i hate pissing with the extmixer and this way I know I have everything conformed and easily altered and fixed. It's good to have the same dimensions and resolution and format on all these images.

mcp_:

fxlist_empty
fxlist_norm
fxlist_byp
fxlist_off
fxparm_empty
fxparm_norm
fxparm_byp
fxparm_off
sendlist_empty
sendlist_norm
sendlist_mute
sendlist_off
sendlist_midihw

Again, I love your work, and everything here is issues with albert's early stuff which is not to take anything at all from his genius. Also my post in the other thread making a joke about the WALTER guide was just fooling, HOWT is also a genius unto his own. So just like everyone else, take anything I post or leave it, it's not much work, and not criticism, simply stuff that I have ran into along the way with the same themes, doing the same things your doing, having the same problems.

Best,
Never
Old 10-19-2016, 03:20 PM   #57
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never View Post
Again, I love your work, and everything here is issues with albert's early stuff which is not to take anything at all from his genius. Also my post in the other thread making a joke about the WALTER guide was just fooling, HOWT is also a genius unto his own. So just like everyone else, take anything I post or leave it, it's not much work, and not criticism, simply stuff that I have ran into along the way with the same themes, doing the same things your doing, having the same problems.

Best,
Never
Thanks, but yes, I already figured out all of my ExtMixer issues.
I appreciate you taking time to look into this.
I hope it didn't interfere too much with your Ion theme developement.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:40 AM   #58
Never

Quote:
Thanks, but yes, I already figured out all of my ExtMixer issues.
I appreciate you taking time to look into this.
I hope it didn't interfere too much with your Ion theme developement.

Not at all and it's no trouble. Looking forward to the release. What do u have your eye on next or are u going all original this time? Well your Solaris LCS is pretty much all original now you mite as well rename it, but are u in the process with anything else? Oh and I took your advice about the indicator behind the knobs. I just hate getting into knobman and wasting hours tweaking and squinting but I did it. It looks good. And I got rid of the spoked knobs.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #59
lucas_LCS

@Never

Thanks for the appreciation of all the work I've done, but the theme still owes too much to Albert, White Tie and I believe Janne and others, so I don't feel able to claim it as my own even at this point.

I had a couple of things I wanted to do after this, like fix a couple of obvious bugs in the original Solaris and possible make the 1080 fullscreen Solaris SSL Albert originally proposed into a functioning minimal layout theme.
I had worked on a theme using the R5 default layouts, but with different flatter graphics and bluemeters for latpop use (my laptop is old), but the need for that dimished greatly when I started using Jannes's 2016 Universe and dark mod to Silent's Reaction theme.

I look forward to seeing what you came up with for the new volume knob.