Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 04-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
fetusink
Human being with feelings

Default Double click - Add new track - Change track defaults

Is there an easy way to do this? I see some options available, but the major one that is missing is "Record Monitoring". I'd like to always have it set to ON when I add a new track. I think I used some workaround to make this work in the past, but I can't remember what it was.

Also, it would be awesome to be able to say "Shift+double click" to add a different type of track default. One with a different input device and the like. I am constantly bouncing between midi devices and analog, so if there is a way to set this and make this work in this way, that would be fantastic.
fetusink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #2
cfillion

Click on the button next to "Record config" in Preferences > Project > Track/Send Defaults to enable input monitoring for every new tracks:

For your second question: check out track templates. Right click on a customized track and select "Save tracks as as track template".
It will then appear in the context menu shown when right clicking in an empty area of the track control panel, ready to be reused:

Last edited by cfillion; 04-29-2016 at 06:02 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
bluzkat

You can set up track templates, set everything the way you want, then name it and save it.

To open... you right-click in a 'blank' area of the TCP and select "Insert track from template".

Pick the template you would like and you're good to go.

Hope this helped.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:38 PM   #4
Lokasenna

The SWS extension also adds a Resources window that lets you assign track templates to a slot number, and then there are actions to insert a track using each slot you can bind to whatever you want.